273lbs to lose... all or nothing

Wow, what an excellent weight loss! Well done you, good going there. 2.5 stone off is excellent! I've lost almost that much & it's what my daughter weighed when she was four. Can you imagine lugging a 4 year old around with you permanently? :D

Mummoth, that sounds like a nightmare in more than one way :p

Today was a great weigh-in at 8.5lbs lost this week taking me to 4st loss at the end of week 6. The last week has been difficult, with various injuries cropping up but the healthy eating continues and the exercise is ramping back up again!

Hoping you are all well :)

James

Mummoth, that sounds like a nightmare in more than one way :p

Today was a great weigh-in at 8.5lbs lost this week taking me to 4st loss at the end of week 6. The last week has been difficult, with various injuries cropping up but the healthy eating continues and the exercise is ramping back up again!

Hoping you are all well :)

James

Hey James,

Your doing so fab :) Can I ask what diet your following/eating?

Maybe will inspire me as been an absolute idiot on my diet this week and gained 4lbs argghhh :)

xx

Well done on the losses so far bud and look forward to watching you shrink.

Mike

Nee,

I am calorie counting and keeping carbs relatively low, that's about it. It's working great for now, that may change as I come down to more reasonable weight, then I'll be looking for a new strategy possibly!

You can see my food diary here. I think the key to my success so far has been a number of zero point vegetable soup recipes snaffled from various old WW books - I eat at least two bowls of the stuff a day and love it, it fills you up and has next to no calories in it as its 100% veg!

Last edited:
Nee,

I am calorie counting and keeping carbs relatively low, that's about it. It's working great for now, that may change as I come down to more reasonable weight, then I'll be looking for a new strategy possibly!

You can see my food diary here. I think the key to my success so far has been a number of zero point vegetable soup recipes snaffled from various old WW books - I eat at least two bowls of the stuff a day and love it, it fills you up and has next to no calories in it as its 100% veg!

Thank you :)

I also tend to calorie count, just had a particully bad week, but hoping to be on track within the next day or so, Ill have a look at your diary and see if I can find any tips :)

xx

Hi James I tried to view your food diary but "access denied".

I have BMI 56 so like you I am desperate. I can take 3 months off work to do this, I am utterly at my wits end and if I don't lose weight soon my life might end rather early (I am 52).

Please, please help me James you are doing unbelievably well. You inspire me -- I need your recipes! I want to live on soup and chicken breasts too. I thought cup a soup but its full of rubbish...

Helen

Helen, here is a link that will work

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub...2UU5vOW9DMG1mOHpuQ05ULXc&hl=en_GB&output=html

I don't record the recipes but you should get an idea of what i eat from the diary. I eat alot of vegetable soup (once at lunch, once at dinner) and often forget to note that in my diary, which is probably key - if you want the recipe just let me know.

Best of luck to you if you do decide to take time off - for me it was the most important decision I have made in life. Let me know how you get on and make sure and make a thread here if you decide to go ahead with it.

Thanks Jamie and thanks for the link. I cannot follow your diet unfortunately. Is there a reason you eat pastami so often? Is it a special slimming food or something? LOL

I suppose I should start a thread of my own with a goal and log in daily to chart my progess publicly. And honestly. And that means owning up to cheats.

You seem to have a really great attitude!
Give yourself a non food related reward for every stone lost! It good for keeping the motivation going and every stone is a good mini goal.

And presumably it's really really tasty?

Hey guys and gals, just checking in to update you on my progress.

I hit (and exceeded) my first goal of losing 6 stone on weigh-in this morning, I am over the moon and really positive about the next goal, although I don't know what it's going to be yet! I've gone from 33st to 26st 12lbs in 63 days and the change to my life is profound. I've walked 200miles in that time aswell as spending 48hrs on the exercise bike, this paired with calorie counting and learning to love veg have been the major factors in helping me lose alot of weight. I don't feel starved and I've gone from hardly being able to walk from the car to the house to walking 6 miles a day and enjoying it to boot.

I have been taking weekly profile photos for about a month now, I'm not quite ready to post them on the internet yet but will do as soon as I find the guts to do so!

Below is the latest video I posted to my blog - there are many more videos of me feeling stupid talking to the camera on my blog, if you are looking for a laugh ;). Thanks for all of your support so far and I hope you are doing well on your journey.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tP7_eAGiBfE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tP7_eAGiBfE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Amazing, you're doing so well! I'm only a little bit jealous hehe. Keep at it, you'll be a new man before you know it. Hope the extra month off work happens for you.:)

Flippin' heck - what an achievement! Well done you. :clap:
I've just been looking at your blog. Without meaning to offend, you're not just losing weight but you're also losing years. Have your family told you how you're looking younger since those first videos?

Hello,i would like to be in this century club.I have approx 150lbs to loose but i have set myself mini goals as looking at 150lbs to loose in black and white is a little daunting.James you are doing so well and should be proud of yourself.I only started monday,but doing ok trying to keep busy(but spending most of my time on this site!!)I try and do an hours walking aday and eat between 1200-1500 cals per day and keeping the fat down in the plan :)

Hi james,

Not seen any posts from you for a while so checked your website and see you have lost 125lbs :) WELL DONE thats amazing, keep it going and hope to see you posting again soon

xx

just wanted to say hi:)
you are truly inspirational!!
such determination and focus.(just hope some of that will rub off on me:))
thanks for sharing your journey with us all.
i can tell you're a winner!
more power to you:D

just been reading through your blog! seriously well done!

ive only just come accross this... Truely Truely inspirational.
im listening to your video and I totally agree when you loose weight and become happier, everything else clicks into place.
I also feel the same.

Truely inspirational. Well Done You!!

Back