29 Stone Start Weight Diary by Lou

Andrea1823 said:
I am doing Slim Fast / Tesco Ultraslim with a bit of calorie counting. I am on day 2 so have a long way to go yet! I need to get the baby weight off and then keep on going. Not finding it too bad at the moment - evenings are hard when baby in bed as hubby is military and away!

I hope you don't mind if I follow your journey? Your motivation is contagious!

Andrea xx

You follow away :) if my ramblings can help someone then bonus :)

Evenings I found hard in the beginning too. Just keep sipping water and stick to it for the week and when you see your loss then you'll crave another loss which will spur you on. Well that's how it was for me.

How old is your baby? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

She is nearly 8 months. Not crawling yet so I am not burning off calories by chasing her around! I am sipping water throughout the day, tea is my weakness though! Thankfully I don' t take sugar!

I am hoping to be 7lbs lighter by Christmas. I am confident that I can do that! Xx

Andrea1823 said:
She is nearly 8 months. Not crawling yet so I am not burning off calories by chasing her around! I am sipping water throughout the day, tea is my weakness though! Thankfully I don' t take sugar!

I am hoping to be 7lbs lighter by Christmas. I am confident that I can do that! Xx

I'm sure you can do 7 lbs by Xmas! I'm aiming for that too. My son is 11 but I have a niece whos 8 months and I've got her today. Shed crawling backwards and pulling herself up on the sofa so she can steal the remote lol!

Lou your pics are fab it looks like you've lost much more than 3st! Keep going hun you can do it, very well done you should be very pleased with yourself xx

Thank you :) although I don't know how much of it is weightloss and how much of it is squeezing the pic in to fit next to the other one!
Anyway though, I'm defo less round looking and my enormous tummy has lessened alot!

Feeling a bit pukey today :/ had an ok weekend food wise but had bad cluster attack again :(
Took so many tablets I think that's why I'm feeling so rough today. Simple day food wise today. Porridge, cheese and pickle sarnie and lasagne. Not snacking this week. I want to at least try for 8 lbs by 31st!

X

Dont play it down, its a fantastic loss! X

My sister, who has lost 2 stone with SW has decided to become a leader and is opening her own class on new years eve.
She has asked me to be the weigh lady - "because people won't feel as bad about themselves if a big woman is weighing them" Her words not mine. From the same sister who said I couldn't be her bridesmaid coz I am
Too fat.

Ummmm!!!

So she wants me to do the diet too. She's been nagging me for weeks to just try it and I keep saying no. I want to be the one who can say, at the end if my journey and have lost all of my weight, that I DID IT MYSELF!!! When I read magazines about women that have lost 10-15 stone, I think wow how did they do it, and 9 times out of 10 they say it's SW or WW and it puts me off. Joining a class etc. I don't want to be my sisters project. If I lose with her class she'll be all "look how I helped Lou lose all her weight and change her life" NO!!!! LOU LOST ALL HER WEIGHT ON HER OWN AND CHANGED HER OWN LIFE!!!
I want people like me to see that you can do it alone, with a bit of online support.

But, I'm thinking of doing the weigh lady thing anyway because it'll be good to have a regular diet session even if I don't take on board what's being said. If I'm seeing people losing on a weekly basis it'll keep me in check too. But I will have to pretend I'm doing SW coz obviously if I tell them they can empower themselves and lose weight and feel even more proud, then they won't go to the classes and keep my sister in gucci shoes and Armani perfume.

End.

My sister, who has lost 2 stone with SW has decided to become a leader and is opening her own class on new years eve.
She has asked me to be the weigh lady - "because people won't feel as bad about themselves if a big woman is weighing them" Her words not mine. From the same sister who said I couldn't be her bridesmaid coz I am
Too fat. :eek: :eek: :eek: - Blimey, another one with such a lovely supportive sister - not!

Ummmm!!!

So she wants me to do the diet too. She's been nagging me for weeks to just try it and I keep saying no. I want to be the one who can say, at the end if my journey and have lost all of my weight, that I DID IT MYSELF!!! When I read magazines about women that have lost 10-15 stone, I think wow how did they do it, and 9 times out of 10 they say it's SW or WW and it puts me off. Joining a class etc. I don't want to be my sisters project. If I lose with her class she'll be all "look how I helped Lou lose all her weight and change her life" NO!!!! LOU LOST ALL HER WEIGHT ON HER OWN AND CHANGED HER OWN LIFE!!!
I want people like me to see that you can do it alone, with a bit of online support.

To be honest Lou, I did SW for a year and lost virtually nothing. It focuses on changing your eating habits to more healthy eating, which is not my problem, my problem is portion control and I found it really hard to get my head around a diet which basically says you can eat as much as you like of x,y or z and still lose weight when clearly you can't! It works for some, but CC works better for me as it curbs my greed!

But, I'm thinking of doing the weigh lady thing anyway because it'll be good to have a regular diet session even if I don't take on board what's being said. If I'm seeing people losing on a weekly basis it'll keep me in check too. But I will have to pretend I'm doing SW coz obviously if I tell them they can empower themselves and lose weight and feel even more proud, then they won't go to the classes and keep my sister in gucci shoes and Armani perfume.

If it feels right then you do it Lou. You will lose your weight, I know you will, by whatever method you chose. Do you know why? Because your head is in the right place and your head is where you fight the biggest battles with weight loss.
End.

:D :D :D

Thanks annya :) I said all that to my sister. About the portion control. She said its all about healthier choices and I'm already doing that. CC is working brill for me too, i think she's annoyed that she hasn't got the same frame of mind as me.

She tries to sympathise with me by saying she is fat too... She weighs 10 stone!! She can never fully understand what it's like to be properly overweight , dealing with it in everyday life, so as far as I'm concerned, she knows nothing.
I am doing this my way. If I can inspire one other person to bite the bullet and diet the way I'm doing it for myself, then I'll have made a difference. I will be so proud of myself at the end of it all. Xx

Too fat.

Ummmm!!!

End.

Your f'ing kidding me, how can anyone be too big to be a bridesmaid. Lou you do it your way, you don't want her taking the credit for your weight loss 'cos she got you doing the diet' Louise u do crack me up with the Gucci comment your doing fab on your own with our support do what you want to do. Good luck xx

I will be so proud of myself at the end of it all. Xx

I am so proud of you already Lou :bighug::bighug:

Annya said:
I am so proud of you already Lou :bighug::bighug:

Thank you :) it's nice to know I've got you guys' support so I don't feel totally alone.

I had a good day yesterday.
Yoghurt and some toast for breakie , a jp with coleslaw and cheese for lunch, only a small one,
Lasagne and salad with 2 pieces of g bread for tea.

When I make the White sauce i follow a recipe I saw once, may have been hairy dieters. Put your milk in a pan and put in half an onion, a bay leaf and some nutmeg. Leave it infuse for about 20-30 mins then scoop out the buts and use the milk with a roux for White sauce. It adds a really nice flavour to the lasagne.

Yummy :)

I've learned so much about new ways of cooking since starting the diet. I have always been a decent cook since moving into my first flat at 16 , I had to learn to cook myself on basic ingredients. But now I'm learning little tricks to make the meal more tasty without the use of fat or cheese etc
The hairy dieters have contributed alot too.

Tonight I'm doing stir fry coz it's quick. Gotta get dunc from school, go food shopping then get Joe from work so won't have time to cook a complicated meal. Stir fry is a fab way to get veg in too. Baby corn, mange tout and carrot :)

Only one more weigh after tomorrow and it's Xmas! Next week is gonna be my best one yet diet wise!

looks like i'll be completing the last 2 mini goals this month :) will have to make some more :) feels good!

2 lbs off this week. I'm happy with that :)

My treat tonight is cheese and bacon kievs with chips and beans. Then I'm gonna have a 100% week including sat and sun so I can get a good loss before Xmas. Then I'm having Xmas day and boxing day off, and new years eve, then hello 2013 :D x

just updated my stats on here, and i have now lost 10% of my weight. feels good! another 50% to go!

Well done Lou - you are doing so well. Like you, I am going to have a few days off over Christmas then get back on it. New Year's Eve won't be such an issue for me as I rarely drink and I doubt we will be going out anywhere - Christmas, however, is a different matter!

Oh and 1.6lbs off for me this week! Although I think a lot of that is water from the steroid bloat I am taking it running
:D

thats fab annya. any loss is a bonus :)

new years eve im not going to be drinking but we'll be having a chinese as one last treat of the year and then no treats til my bday in feb.
hope i can lose another 6lb by the end of the year but with xmas inbetween that i may struggle.

Well Al and I have resolved to have treats, but only buy small packets/boxes so hopefully the gains shouldn't be TOO horrendous. Trouble is, we are both used to having family around and it is so hard to shop just for us two at Christmas now.

I have made the usual huge Christmas cake, but simply because the recipe doesn't work well in smaller proportions. However, we have decided to cut it in half and keep one for ourselves and share out the other half between local friends to try keep the cake-fest relatively manageable!

I have a week off work between Christmas and the New Year so as long as the weather is OK I am resolving to take Lil for a long hike every day to burn off some of those naughty treats and my New Year's resolution is to go back to my toning DVDs 3/4 times a week and try to walk at least a mile with Leslie every day in addition to any walking I might do anyway.

Just catching up, and I dont mean to drag up old news, but your sister needs to realise that you can do healthy choices AND portion control... sheesh! :)
You've done so well Lou, I'm proud to know you too, and what works for one, does not necessarily work for another. Good for her on SW, but it aint for everyone. Nor are VLCDs, nor is WW. Its just whatever clicks, and you are making healthier choices with food than you have done in the past :) So APPLAUSE where due :)

Well done on your 10% - Such a great goal!!! :D xx

Back