29 Stone Start Weight Diary by Lou

Auburn said:
Just catching up, and I dont mean to drag up old news, but your sister needs to realise that you can do healthy choices AND portion control... sheesh! :)
You've done so well Lou, I'm proud to know you too, and what works for one, does not necessarily work for another. Good for her on SW, but it aint for everyone. Nor are VLCDs, nor is WW. Its just whatever clicks, and you are making healthier choices with food than you have done in the past :) So APPLAUSE where due :)

Well done on your 10% - Such a great goal!!! :D xx

Thank you Jen :)

Yeah she's always been like that, I'm used to it. She's very cricital of me. We are twins but totally opposite. If she wasn't my sister I would not be her friend! And I've told her that.

I had a high day yesterday but a 1500 day today And aiming for about 1300-1400 days all week so I can have a decent loss next weigh in.

For tea tonight I did spag with my own tomato garlic herb sauce etc and Linda mc sausages. I cooked them in the oven then cut then into 4 and added to the sauce and had on the spag. Omg it was delicious!! The sausages absorbed the saus coz obvs they aren't meat and they were really really tasty!! Joe was surprised how nice they were coz he loves meat! That is defo a new meal to add to the list! Not too bad cal wise, sausages are about 220 for 2 and spag and saus is about 250-300 cals maybe. Bit of cheese and it was really enjoyable.

I should make my own cook book :)

Doing real sausage casserole tomorrow in the slow cooker. Getting up early to make it coz joes decorating the kitchen so it'll be ready by tea time without getting in his way.

Gonna make some puff pastry mince pies too and it's gonna be hard not to eat any! Joe and dunc like them so i don't wanna deprive them! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Right!!!

This week I am going to try my hardest not to weigh til Friday. I will ask Joe to take away the scales and I'm going to see if I can lose without scrutinising my weight every morning.
I guess I know what i need to do to lose so I will do that and hope it works!

It's not that weighing every day is bad, I just want to see if I can lose without knowing how I'm doing and adjusting what I eat. It should encourage me to stick to lo cal days.

On another note, I have just made 36 mince pies. They look yum and the house smells all christmassy. I won't be having any so less cals for Me :)

Right!!!

This week I am going to try my hardest not to weigh til Friday. I will ask Joe to take away the scales and I'm going to see if I can lose without scrutinising my weight every morning. I got so obsessive about weighing that I gave my scales to my next door neighbour with strict instructions that I can only use them once a week on a Friday morning. She is a bit of a stickler so she made sure I kept to it and after 3 months it doesn't bother me any more. She still has my scales but she doesn't have me on her doorstep saying "Pretty please"? several times a week now :8855:I must say it is very liberating and it hasn't affected how I lose when compared to last year so they are staying there now as I know I would only start scale hopping again within minutes of them arriving back here and that is just not healthy for a personality type such as mine :rolleyes:
I guess I know what i need to do to lose so I will do that and hope it works!
There is no reason why it shouldn't - and it might be a good opportunity to practice blind what you have learned so far too :)
It's not that weighing every day is bad, Actually, it is, as us girls fluctuate up and down for lots of reasons other than fat gain - and it can also make you very dependent to. It is recommended that you only weigh once a week on the same scales at the same time in the same clothes (or nowt if you do it that way) if you are aiming to lose weight and perhaps only once a month if you are maintaining unless you suspect you have gained (i.e. if you clothes are tighter for more than a couple of days) I just want to see if I can lose without knowing how I'm doing and adjusting what I eat. It should encourage me to stick to lo cal days. You are losing regularly and consistently so you are doing everything right Lou.

On another note, I have just made 36 mince pies. They look yum and the house smells all christmassy. I won't be having any so less cals for Me :) If you want one then have one and work it into your daily allowance or exercise it off. See my diary yesterday - I wanted baclava so I had it and did an hour on the exercise bike to get rid of it again! Never say never otherwise you will feel cheated and deprived. Oh and it helps those in the household that are not dieting to feel less guilty about eating things you "can't have" too - you don't want to turn this into a "me vs them" scenario....ask me how I know about that one - HUGE bust up here last year along those lines - and he was right:cry:

You can do this Lou. Liberate yourself.... hypothetically burn your bra (ha ha) and hide the scales :D :D

I aim impressed with the Mince Pie restraint! I have not risked going near them yet, but I have a feeling that there might be some kicking about the office this week.... being the last week before Christmas...
Must be good, MUST BE GOOD!

Well Joe and dunc eat what they want without worrying about me. They don't feel guilty coz they both know why I'm doing this. I don't mind not having them. Sugar is scary to me. I may try one after tea but it could trigger headaches so I'm a bit worried lol!

Sorry to hear that annya, about arguing. Hope things are ok now xx

I aim impressed with the Mince Pie restraint! I have not risked going near them yet, but I have a feeling that there might be some kicking about the office this week.... being the last week before Christmas...
Must be good, MUST BE GOOD!

Have some and enjoy them. It's Xmas :) count it as a high day if you have any naughty stuff and follow it with a lower day. As long as your cals are the same over a week it shouldn't make too much difference. Don't feel bad. Xmas is once a year. Savour them and then you can go a whole year without eating any more. You'll be fine! Xxx

Sorry to hear that annya, about arguing. Hope things are ok now xx

Oh, that is all long in the past now Lou and the water is well and truly under the bridge so no worries there.

I am basically on and off a diet most of the time due to my medical problems (and my vanity I might add!). I had no idea that me saying "I can't have this" or "I can't have that" made Al feel so guilty about indulging in said foods himself until he blew his top one night and said he was sick of me being so holier than thou about being on a diet :eek: (which I had no idea I was TBH!).

Al is also somewhat portly, but it really doesn't bother him (or me as long as he's happy) the way my weight bothers me and I think he considers me somewhat obesessive - which I probably was at the time! I am much more relaxed about things like what I eat/when and how often I weigh now and I'm glad to report that both me and the household are much happier as a result ;)

I don't mind not having them. Sugar is scary to me. I may try one after tea but it could trigger headaches so I'm a bit worried lol!

If sugar is a trigger for your headaches then best stay away. Mine is (or used to be) cheese and I avoided it like the plague for years as a result. Nowadays though I seem to have (TOUCH WOOD!!) grown out of my crippling migraines and cluster headaches so I have a bit, but never very much just in case!

Chicken biryani for tea tonight. Simple filling meal in one pan. I've added peas sweetcorn and raisins to get the veg up.

Had odd lunch of lemon and coriander cous cous with 1.5 LM vege sausages! Was ok actually! Better than the cuppa soup I'd planned on having!

Oat So Siple for brekkie, Chicken & Mushroom soup for lunch and chicken kiev and mega veggies for dinner........

Oat So Siple for brekkie, Chicken & Mushroom soup for lunch and chicken kiev and mega veggies for dinner........

Good day for you :)

I had a yog for breakie.

I'm finding results in not eating after tea, after about 6 or 7. Those are the weeks I lose more. So I'm adapting that from now on except for Fridays as that's treat day and I have some crisps with a movie etc

Just gonna sip my last pint of water today and enjoy Fringe on the telly :) dishes and hoovering first! X

Trying maggi ribs tonight. I had to put the ribs in a plastic bag and add the powder and tie it up and put in the oven for an hour. Smells nice. The chicken one we had a little while ago was nice so optimistic. having it with hot and spicy cous cous.

Not sure how to cal count the ribs, guess i'll just have to weigh it.

Had a ham cheese salad sarnie for lunch and a bag of aldi cheese puffs (87 cals) . Had yog for breakie. It's getting so much easier to not snack :)

Meh to the ribs. Not as good as i expected but it was ok, it was food!

I'm doing great, not eating in the evening. Just having my water. And I haven't weighed today, I'm leaving it up to the diet gods on Friday morning!

Only 2 more diet days for the big pre Xmas weigh in. If I can lose 20lbs by Friday I'll have made my target lol!! I'm not sad though, I'm happy that i have changed my life and that I'm settled in a routine of steady losses.
Since July my mindset has completely changed. I am looking forward immensely to the next 12 months, to see what they have in store for me. This time next Xmas I'll be a different person. I'll be well on my way to my target of 12 stone! Im hoping for totals of 8-9 stone off by next July, then another 3-4 off by Xmas, then another 3-4 stone off in 2014 and I'll be at target!! So Xmas 2014 I'll be the new Louise Bose :) slender and slinky and slexy :D (then I'm hoping Joe will propose so I can be slender slinky slexy bride :)

OOOOHHH IM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE FUTURE!!! I never have been!!! Xx

I thought so coz they only joined today! Can I delete? X

Seems it already has! For future reference I think you can report posts by using the little triangle symbol with the exclamation mark at the bottom left of every post............What a to$$er huh!?!

Seems it already has! For future reference I think you can report posts by using the little triangle symbol with the exclamation mark at the bottom left of every post............What a to$$er huh!?!

Makes me feel like anyone could be reading this . I mean, I guess that's the case as it's on the Internet for all to see but I only sort of expected people doing diets would want to read it! X

Makes me feel like anyone could be reading this . I mean, I guess that's the case as it's on the Internet for all to see but I only sort of expected people doing diets would want to read it! X

Sadly the Net is full of scrotes, thankfully most of them are just trying to flog you something and they usually get a polite(ish) fook off from me!

Due to a certain member of my family being a top class cow bag, it looks like we are now having Xmas at home.

Nothing wrong with that, we did it last year and it was perfect. This year though, funds are super low so can only fit a Xmas dinner in to the weekly budget. Just going to do a chicken as no one really likes turkey, and loads of yummy roast veg. Gonna see what deals they have in aldi for a few special extras, chestnuts and bacon etc...

Looking forward to a nice meal with Joe and Duncan :) like we do everynight but I have Xmas themed linen placements and napkins.

Any one got any tips on what i can prepare the night before?

I could do the chicken stuffed with a whole lemon (yum) the night before. If I prep all the veg do you think it'll stay fresh in water overnight in the fridge?

Going to get 1 thing of nice cheese and some wafer thin ham, cream crackers and some chutney for tea time on Xmas day. If there's left over chicken I can add that to the mix too and maybe some nice bread rolls. I will make some coleslaw too and try to save some roasts from dinner to have cold.

Yum :)

What's everyone else doing? Xxx

Back