29 Stone Start Weight Diary by Lou

You rock Lou :D :D :D

:) thanks!!

I'm going to change my weigh day to a Saturday starting this week.

Then I can have one extra day of being good and only relax on sat and sun rather than Friday too.
I don't go over cals but I'm not a total diet bore while joe and Dunc are home.

If I lose 2.4 lbs this week I'll get to 50 lbs off and a stone since 1st jan!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:) thanks!!

I'm going to change my weigh day to a Saturday starting this week.

Then I can have one extra day of being good and only relax on sat and sun rather than Friday too.
I don't go over cals but I'm not a total diet bore while joe and Dunc are home.

If I lose 2.4 lbs this week I'll get to 50 lbs off and a stone since 1st jan!

Wowsers that'd be great ... I'm struggling really .. I lost that initial 2.5lbs haven't weighed myself since but I don't think iv lost anymore .! Damned thyroid .!! Hey ho I don't feel too bad tho .. Maybe it's a bloat that I'm rid of by watching my carbs x

Wow what an amazing achievement well done you

Thank you :)

No where near goal but heading in the right direction! X

Toxicsgsrl just read a few pages of your diary but iPad kept kicking me off?! Anyway I went to the end just to let know I will be following your journey (I will catch up properly from computer on your journey so far).

You are doing so well, I'm full of admiration you have lost all the weight through simple calorie counting! Ok I say simple but easier said that done but wow! What an achievement! I have no doubt you will succeed and get to goal.

Toxicsgsrl just read a few pages of your diary but iPad kept kicking me off?! Anyway I went to the end just to let know I will be following your journey (I will catch up properly from computer on your journey so far).

You are doing so well, I'm full of admiration you have lost all the weight through simple calorie counting! Ok I say simple but easier said that done but wow! What an achievement! I have no doubt you will succeed and get to goal.

:)

I started off with slim fast but wasn't having enough cals and I faffed about finding something that suited me, going through various diets but settled on cal counting for the last few months and I'm having steady losses averaging about 2-3 lbs a week :)

There you go, I saved you the job of trawling through all the pages :) xx

Wow! They are really good losses and clearly calorie counting is working for you.
Here's to a good loss on your Saturday weigh in!

You are doing so well. MFP Calorie Counting is pretty much my method now too. Using MFP every day now, it has become a habit :eek:

You are doing so well. You've already made a great amount of progress, just imagine yourself in a years time!

I love your mini-goals in your signature, I think I will create my own list tonight. Having goals is very important imo.

Hope you have a good week!

Bang, my goals are there. Not as great as your amazing goal list but they will do for now :p

Thanks for the inspiration!

Bang, my goals are there. Not as great as your amazing goal list but they will do for now :p

Thanks for the inspiration!

Woooo :) well done! It's good to mark them off - I haven't marked of my 50lb one yet but will when I go on the comp.
I like looking back on them to see what I've achieved :) xx

So ive completed another one of my mini goals - getting 50lbs off.

going to work extra hard to get the next one - 4 stone off. i hope to acheive it in the next few weeks. need to lose 6 lbs, not too daunting :)

Brilliant! Well done Lou! Think breaking everything down in to mini goals is a great way of keeping going. I'm ashamed to say I get diet fatigue and I really shouldn't have excuses as comparatively I have much less too lose. It's odd isn't it no matter how much or little we have to lose as individuals getting the mental aspect to WANT to lose weight is the key and in one respect the amount to lose can almost be irrelevant. If that makes sense?!

Amazing Lou, congrats! I'm confident you will knock those 6lbs off soon.

Brilliant! Well done Lou! Think breaking everything down in to mini goals is a great way of keeping going. I'm ashamed to say I get diet fatigue and I really shouldn't have excuses as comparatively I have much less too lose. It's odd isn't it no matter how much or little we have to lose as individuals getting the mental aspect to WANT to lose weight is the key and in one respect the amount to lose can almost be irrelevant. If that makes sense?!

being over weight for half of my life makes it really hard to understand how people who weigh less than 12 stone (my healthy weight goal) think themselves overweight. my sister is 10 stone and says shes fat and feels awful and doesnt wanna go out - and it drives me mad!! she says it in front of me and all i can think is 'you do not know what its like to be actually fat!' i guess if i was slim all my life and then put on a few stone i would feel different about it, but right now, i'd love to be 12 stone... i cant imagine it at all. i try to picture looking in the mirror and seeing myself as a normal sized person but i cant.

when i was 16/17 i was a size 14 and i thought i was hideous, but looking back - my body was great! i had curves in all the right places, long legs, youth on my side... i wish i could go back in time and have a word with myself as a 16 year old!! so i guess thats how slimmer people feel, but its hard for me to grasp that.

losing weight is mostly a mental battle, coz once youve overcome that, the eating less just follows after. so in that respect, it is all the same for everyone no matter how much they have to lose.

i have so much to lose its daunting, and i wish i could fast forward a year so im well on my way to being normal sized but i cant. what i can do though, is picture the future and panic whether i'll make it or not, which then gives me a push to work hard at the diet.
i wish i hadnt had a takeaway on my bday, i enjoyed it but the scales didnt :(
i have put my weight back up on mfp, to what i was the morning after the takeaway - i do not like the number i saw, so it has made me want to work super hard this week. ive already lost 2lbs since yesterday, probably water weight, but im glad the numbers going down. if i can get to what i was last weigh in i'll be happy with a STS. i dont want to waste any time arsing around. i want to to smash this weightloss as soon as i can. i am more determined now than i have been for a while.

im hungry but it doesnt matter, i can put up with hunger more than i can put up with being overweight!

Awh! Lou! What a poignant and honest post. This will sound madness or simply selfish on my part but I have those feelings when I see my friend who is slimmer than me and her "fat" is deposited evenly on her body. Whereas my fat is on the bum and tum and saddlebags very small waist. The irony is I weigh almost a stone less than her and we are the same height and age! So it illustrates in one respect the number on the scale is not the only method of gauging weightloss. You are right that it is a "mental" thing and the right mindset in respect of food gives way to a by product which is weightloss. I think you have been very realistic about your approach to weightloss and that will be the key to your success. Your mini goals are brilliant and clearly these have been achievable because if they weren't you would already have given up and not lost the weight to date. Each mini goal you reach is a success and closer to your target. I understand that focussing on the end goal number on the scale is more daunting so just keep doing what you are doing. You have my utmost respect and good good vibes always your way! I will get my act together and stick to my own plan rather than complaining about losing this last stone and aim to maintain whilst I also offer support where I can on your journey.

You are doing amazing Lou!! really really amazing! xxx

You are doing amazing Lou!! really really amazing! xxx

I'm sure as hell trying!

Put on over my bday but working hard to get it off this week. I neeeed to get to 56 lbs (4stone) in feb! So I'm hungry hungry because I'm having tea then not eating after about 6:30. But its defo helping the losses! Just gotta think - I can put up with hunger for 18 months coz the result will be amazing :) xx

AWh! Lou! You can do this! You are doing this and you are now my inspiration to get shot of this last stone and get on with maintaining! I am full of admiration and respect at your whole approach to weightloss. I know it is a long journey ahead for you but this time next year you will be at goal and maintaining. The hunger sucks! The feeling deprived sucks but is it not forever, you are choosing not to eat certain things you are controlling the food it is not controlling you! Are you drinking/sipping water? That does help curb the hunger a little and of course any distraction technique from knitting to craft or scrap booking! Anything! Just keep going and remember your focus is helping not just me but lots of Minminers out there who may not even post!

AWh! Lou! You can do this! You are doing this and you are now my inspiration to get shot of this last stone and get on with maintaining! I am full of admiration and respect at your whole approach to weightloss. I know it is a long journey ahead for you but this time next year you will be at goal and maintaining. The hunger sucks! The feeling deprived sucks but is it not forever, you are choosing not to eat certain things you are controlling the food it is not controlling you! Are you drinking/sipping water? That does help curb the hunger a little and of course any distraction technique from knitting to craft or scrap booking! Anything! Just keep going and remember your focus is helping not just me but lots of Minminers out there who may not even post!

Thank you for your kind words :)

I never thought of the silent miniminers! Still find it weird that I'm an inspiration to anyone!!

I drink my 8 glasses of water a day, have done since the start and couldnt do without it now.

Did quite a bit of walking about today, not intentional but walking non the less :) our cars in the garage so have borrowed my sisters Volvo which I huge and expensive, and the handbrake is crap, so I have to park it somewhere flat which means extra walking to and fro for me! It's all good I suppose :)

You will get your last stone off, you know you can :) xx

You are definitely an inspiration! Taking action to lose weight is a brave thing to do particularly in the western world where we are bombarded with food here there and everywhere. We all know it is simple to lose weight......eat less.....alas it isn't easy! I wonder if you can share what tactics or distractions you use when you feel hungry? Do you simply ride through that hunger feeling or feeling of deprivation? It may be because you haven't cut out everything you don't get the deprived feeling as one would say on a vlcd or very restrictive diet? I noted you said you don't eat anything at 6.30pm is that because it is a rule you made you now are able to stick to it? I'm always interested in everyones methods/ways of keeping control. I suppose we all have different methods that work for us for a while and then it becomes more difficult. Well all that walking will definitely help especially with reducing calories as you will burn it all off. I think the more you lose the more you will want to walk.

Back