29 Stone Start Weight Diary by Lou

You are definitely an inspiration! Taking action to lose weight is a brave thing to do particularly in the western world where we are bombarded with food here there and everywhere. We all know it is simple to lose weight......eat less.....alas it isn't easy! I wonder if you can share what tactics or distractions you use when you feel hungry? Do you simply ride through that hunger feeling or feeling of deprivation? It may be because you haven't cut out everything you don't get the deprived feeling as one would say on a vlcd or very restrictive diet? I noted you said you don't eat anything at 6.30pm is that because it is a rule you made you now are able to stick to it? I'm always interested in everyones methods/ways of keeping control. I suppose we all have different methods that work for us for a while and then it becomes more difficult. Well all that walking will definitely help especially with reducing calories as you will burn it all off. I think the more you lose the more you will want to walk.

Before I started dieting, i HATED the feeling of hunger, I never let myself get hungry and that's why I got so big. But now I have embraced it. I welcome it. I don't do anything in particular to combat it, maybe have a couple of glasses of water.
I weigh every morning so I'm in tune with my fluctuations and I can see how the foods inset affect my body. So when I don't eat in the evening, I always see a loss daily (and a bigger weekly loss) than If I ate the same cals but later in the evening. It defo works for me so I recommend it.

When walking I don't find myself as put of breath as I used to. I should get out and do more but it's making the step to do it. I like that I'm still losing without exercise, I know it won't last forever xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's really interesting "embracing the hunger". It is a mental thing, in that one knows it is ok to feel hungry and have that feeling of hunger. Afterall it is not as if we will starve or never eat again. I recall hearing a doctor dealing with obesity issues on a documentary commenting that the problem mainly in the western world is that we don't allow ourselves to "feel" the hunger and it is ok to feel hungry. We simply act on that "hunger" feeling and like you said that causes weight gain if one act on feeding the hunger each time. Mmh! I think then my 3 meals a day and not snacking really is the way forward for me, or maybe 4 smaller meals on days I need more calories when I go to the gym. Thank you so much for sharing that. It really is helpful.

When I'm on track and 100% focused I love feeling hungry, it makes me feel slim - not to an extent where I wouldn't eat or anything like that I just mean if I'm feeling hungry but not feeling the urge to grab something I shouldn't I feel proud of myself and I've noticed over the last few weeks I start to really stress out if I've over eaten or if I'm too full, I can't stand the feeling of being full now, I'm just struggling to remember to stop eating at the right point. Today I went to my first weight watcher class so I'm giving this my all xx

just did a 1 mile walk with leslie sansone. phew. havent done it since last year!! my friend came round so we did it together, was good to have company. my ears were sweating!!

glad i did it though. i wasnt half as puffed out and sweaty as i was when i did at my start weight. i feel like i can do it everyday now. im going to.

i will come on here and write that ive done it, after ive done it so you all can keep checks on me! xx

hi toxic i did it for the fisrt time yesterday wow i do not realize how unfit i was but i must addmitt i really enjoyed it but after the warm i felf like sitting down lololol wow i cannot belive i have found something i like and at home not in a gym

chezz

hi toxic i did it for the fisrt time yesterday wow i do not realize how unfit i was but i must addmitt i really enjoyed it but after the warm i felf like sitting down lololol wow i cannot belive i have found something i like and at home not in a gym

chezz

its good isnt it?! to be able to walk a mile in your own living room, or wherever you do it :)

i'd find it really hard to walk a mile that fast in a public place, and i would know when i had done a mile, but with leslie, i watch it on youtube and can see how long i have left and push myself to the end. the first time i did it last year, it nearly killed me, but this time it was alot less painful.

when do you do it? i used to do it before breakfast, because apparently it burns more cals. i did it after lunch today though.

also, where are you from in S Yorks? My partner is from Sprotbrough. xx

That's great progress Lou! A little at a time adds up. I should remember myself that and not be so impatient about losing weight and getting fitter!

Lou ...

Do you eat all your calories then from luring to 6.30..??
I think working shift work I would struggle lol
We don't have breaks on a late shift therefore I'm eating at 10pm .! And when I do my body tune class I eat after it . Which is 9pm .. I couldn't eat before as I'd be sick lol .. And with dancing runs and hub not home until 6.30 on a Monday it would be impossible to eat earlier .!!
However . On certain days I could do it .. Or do you think if I'm not doing it all the time then I shouldn't bother ..?? X

Lou ...

Do you eat all your calories then from luring to 6.30..??
I think working shift work I would struggle lol
We don't have breaks on a late shift therefore I'm eating at 10pm .! And when I do my body tune class I eat after it . Which is 9pm .. I couldn't eat before as I'd be sick lol .. And with dancing runs and hub not home until 6.30 on a Monday it would be impossible to eat earlier .!!
However . On certain days I could do it .. Or do you think if I'm not doing it all the time then I shouldn't bother ..?? X

Yeah it's from breakfast to 6:30 and nothing in between. I guess you could do it on days where it's possible and it might make some difference. And on night shift days you could swap the times round. Not sure what your hours are but you could work something out. If you go to bed in the day when you get home, you could make your cut off time 3 or 4 hours before that so your body has more time to digest the food and you're running on empty which will burn fat stores rather than what you've eaten. Does that make sense?

@kira - I know 1 mile isn't much but to me it's enough!! It's just bearable. That's why im going to do it everyday so I can get used to it, then in a week or 2 , try out the 2 mile work out and so on.
The pace you are walking at (on the spot) is really fast. Well for me lol. It's a mile in 15 mins which is 4 mph and it really gets your heart going. You should check it out on YouTube. It'd be good for days when your hairs like **** or you haven't shaved your legs, or your walking outfit is in the wash... You can just do it in your living room :) I start off fully clothed with my hair down, and by the end of it, some clothing has been removed and my hair has been shoved up in a messy pony tail! Xx

Yeah it's from breakfast to 6:30 and nothing in between. I guess you could do it on days where it's possible and it might make some difference. And on night shift days you could swap the times round. Not sure what your hours are but you could work something out. If you go to bed in the day when you get home, you could make your cut off time 3 or 4 hours before that so your body has more time to digest the food and you're running on empty which will burn fat stores rather than what you've eaten. Does that make sense?

@kira - I know 1 mile isn't much but to me it's enough!! It's just bearable. That's why im going to do it everyday so I can get used to it, then in a week or 2 , try out the 2 mile work out and so on.
The pace you are walking at (on the spot) is really fast. Well for me lol. It's a mile in 15 mins which is 4 mph and it really gets your heart going. You should check it out on YouTube. It'd be good for days when your hairs like **** or you haven't shaved your legs, or your walking outfit is in the wash... You can just do it in your living room :) I start off fully clothed with my hair down, and by the end of it, some clothing has been removed and my hair has been shoved up in a messy pony tail! Xx

That's makes perfect sense ... Thanks got that ..
Today I'm on a late shift .. So 2-10... I make a proper meal and eat before work then gave a sandwich and some nuts after work x

your doing really well you have inspired me to take control

Brilliant :) I like to hear that! Good luck x

hi toxic

lololol oh you do sound like me hair down then walking with the steps to get my hairband to put my hair up cannot stand it waving around lol now i just where my long lycra shorts (purple ) lol and a really bright blue top lol lol yes i do it at home in the morning today before work i did the two mile one today of you tube bloody hell i know now i have done it but i feel so proud of myself and keep holding my tummy and saying to the oh look at my tummy now i feel its gone down lololol but hey as long as it makes me feel good im going to do it i have the attitude if i do it in the morning and push myself then its over till the next day i enjoy it but im glad when its over wow i was knackred after i did i could have fallen to sleep in the bath lololol
sheffield i live in south yorkshire

hi toxic

lololol oh you do sound like me hair down then walking with the steps to get my hairband to put my hair up cannot stand it waving around lol now i just where my long lycra shorts (purple ) lol and a really bright blue top lol lol yes i do it at home in the morning today before work i did the two mile one today of you tube bloody hell i know now i have done it but i feel so proud of myself and keep holding my tummy and saying to the oh look at my tummy now i feel its gone down lololol but hey as long as it makes me feel good im going to do it i have the attitude if i do it in the morning and push myself then its over till the next day i enjoy it but im glad when its over wow i was knackred after i did i could have fallen to sleep in the bath lololol
sheffield i live in south yorkshire

I hate getting sweaty, especially when my hair gets sweaty and my ears and eyebrows and everything lol! I should get my hair cut really!

Well done for the 2 miles! I haven't dared try that yet!

Lol at the tummy thing! I'm convinced no can tell I've lost by my OH says I have and I believe him :) x

That's really interesting "embracing the hunger". It is a mental thing, in that one knows it is ok to feel hungry and have that feeling of hunger. Afterall it is not as if we will starve or never eat again. I recall hearing a doctor dealing with obesity issues on a documentary commenting that the problem mainly in the western world is that we don't allow ourselves to "feel" the hunger and it is ok to feel hungry. We simply act on that "hunger" feeling and like you said that causes weight gain if one act on feeding the hunger each time. Mmh! I think then my 3 meals a day and not snacking really is the way forward for me, or maybe 4 smaller meals on days I need more calories when I go to the gym. Thank you so much for sharing that. It really is helpful.

This really struck home with me. I rarely felt hungry, more I kept myself at what's now an uncomfortably full level. The odd time I did feel hunger, I'd immediately be elbow deep in the bread bin. I've made huge changes but have noticed that those habits have been passed on to my 6 year old. She hates being hungry, or plays the "I'm hungry" card to draw attention from something else, she constantly eats more than her sister & eats her sisters leftovers - obviously it's me that has given her these triggers. Not sure how to make a 6 year old become adapted to hunger in a more normal manner.

Lou - you are doing so well. I admire your ability to draw the line on food at 6.30 pm - I really need to try and do something similar. I eat regularly after 8pm and it's just pure habit, boredom, need to reward - never hunger. I need some of your discipline as had a few little gains and need to nip it in the bud.

I've had a bad couple of weeks but decided enough is enough and went for a 2 mile walk on Saturday. Since then I have stuck to my calls and been drinking more water. I need to see a loss to boost me so I'm going to work hard at it.

I don't know what to suggest with your daughter. My son says he's constantly hungry but I don't know if he actually is. When he is though, I encourage him to have fruit or a yoghurt. He came with me on my walk but he cycled and he really enjoyed it so for now we are going to do it once a week until I can build up enough courage to do it alone!

Good luck, we can do it! :) xx

Thanks hun. My two are at an arkward age were getting them out together on bikes is impossible with just one person supervising (6 and 4) - going to start parking at the bottom of town and walking to and from the park, library etc, just to start the habit. It's too far and the roads too dangerous to walk to school, but she is doing camogie once a week and swimming once a week - I think I need to get her base weight and then not try and make her loose weight but maintain it for the next few months/summer and hope she grows! A good summer would work wonders - it's not nice making kids go out in the cold and wet.
I'm just really conscious that her weight is down to me and I think it will be far easier to sort now than in a few years.
And you're right - we can do this - no problem. I'm going to eat well, stay off the crap, no alcohol, swing weights and weigh in April 1st to see what's happened. Getting freaked and diet fatigued I fear, so time for a change.
I'm sure once you're back in the zone you'll get your losses back.

I hate sweating as well - yuck - LOL.

I also never let myself get that hungry feeling - If I do I panic a bit and eat whatever is around - so those words have really helped me :)

Lou you are doing great hun! you are an inspiration :) xx

Good job for getting in the exercise!

You are doing so well Lou, can't wait to see you in a few months in the 200's.

Back