29 Stone Start Weight Diary by Lou

Thanks both :) it's nice to see familiar faces on my old thread. We went through some ups and downs together on here! It's bittersweet we are all back on here but it means we can do this together xx

ohh lou chuff me we had some tears and some laughter but we are back together again to do it as a team with new friends as well

hello!

8 years ago i started this thread and the diet, which is kinda depressing to think about but... i haven't given up! So here i am in 2021, i've lost almost 4 stone - CW is 26st 9lbs, which is damn sight better that 30st 5lbs which is what i got up to at one point!

last feb i bit the bullet and joined a local weight loss group, it took a lot of strength and courage to go on my own and i was doing really well until lockdown / covid hit and for most of 2020 i was losing and gaining and losing the same few pounds :( i'm pretty sure we've all gone through something like that last year, its been awful. but if you’re reading this it means you’re still in the game, because you're still on the site. good on you! and good on me too because as of Jan 1st 2021 i am 100% back on it.

this time i'm doing intermittent fasting which has worked absolute wonders for me! I discovered it from an ad on tiktok and downloaded the app that was being advertised and never looked back. I'm not sure if i can name the app on these forums so i won't but there are lots of fasting apps i believe, the theory is the same.

I fast for 18 hours a day, and eat for 6 hours. i don't eat for the whole 6 hours haha, but i could if i wanted to. the theory is that during fasting your body kicks itself into ketosis after 12 hours, and after 14 hours you go in to autophagy. autophagy is when your broken down cells start repairing themselves. i'm not fully sure on how it all works, but it works!!

so i start fasting at 6pm and eat the next day at 12pm. the idea is to limit the amount you eat and the time you eat so you can give your body and digestive system a rest. i find myself feeling so much better when im fasting. any digestion problems (i have lots due to intolerances) are minimal and i have so much energy!

it's so strange how not eating for 18 hours can give me this energy but over christmas when i wasnt fasting i found myself so sluggish an unable to get up in the morning. when im fasting i'm up early ready to take on the day! the weight falls off me, i can easily do 7lbs in one week and it's amazing :)

so here i am, almost a week in to the new year and feeling positive that this is the year i can get this weight off!

I'll start updating here and adding foods etc, i'm a gluten free vegan now for the last few years so i've learned lots of new meals and recipes i can share too :)

it's 8:31am and ive got another 3 hours of fasting to do, ( i had tea early lastnight so started fasting at 5:30pm) and tomorrow is weigh day.

I really look forward to my eating phase because i don't have to eat low calorie or avoid bad foods, as long am im fasting for the time i set myself then i lose weight. i don't eat that much junk but i do have a freezer full of processed vegan things i need to get through so trying to have them with veggies or salad to balance it out a little!

anyway, i hope everyone's doing ok! happy new year from Wales xx

Last edited:
Hi Mary - welcome back, lovely to hear how you're doing - and fab news on the losses so far!

I'm a big fan of IF too - not been very disciplined about it lately, but I too like the no food between 6pm-12 the next day - you'll encourage me to get back on it. Otherwise, it's just trying to eat more fruit, veg and fibre.

We can do this!

Today I had jacket potato with cheese and coleslaw for lunch and Tom yum with rice for tea. Weigh in tomorrow... eek!!
Now it’s fasting time :)

Attachments

• CE7227A6-5B06-49D8-96FA-026005C267E2.jpeg
    CE7227A6-5B06-49D8-96FA-026005C267E2.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 9
I woke up too early and weighed and apparently put on 7lbs since yesterday 😂😂 I did drink loads of water so think it was still in me even though I weed!!! So going to weigh tomorrow instead!

week 1: 7lbs lost :) happy with that!!

i'm fasting until 1pm and then im having a zoom pizza picnic party with my neice who we are missing during lockdown! x

Not great at the moment. I’ve weighed as my scales were moved and the difference is either 8lbs less or 8lbs more than I was when I last weighed.

currently in a foul mood after a big cry. Seeing the weight go down is what keeps me going!! Now I don’t even know what I weigh and I’m really really annoyed!!!!

argh!!!!

Well done on taking the first steps those are the hardest. I started at over 21st but now at 18st 11lb. I personally am on slimming world programme. I found it useful recording what I ate and it made me more mindful. I don't feel hungry and had some lovely meals along the way.

Tonight’s tea
Vegan crab cakes using hearts of palm as the ‘crab’. Really yummy :)

Attachments

• 58A2E98B-9A30-4F7B-A202-DA27CA99BB0F.jpeg
    58A2E98B-9A30-4F7B-A202-DA27CA99BB0F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • A74757CF-3DCB-4292-9C49-5DBD7CCA87DC.jpeg
    A74757CF-3DCB-4292-9C49-5DBD7CCA87DC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Hi, just dropping by to say hello to another vegan and look for inspiration in your food.

Back