: (

rox-88

Bought a set of scales last week , and now I'm addicted to weighing myself ! Keep giving myself the ump as I get heavier through the day and the 2lb I need to shift to loose my 1st stone just ain't budging, I get weighed in group on Tuesday evening , and am getting my self all worked up as I really want my stone award Tuesday ! Grrrrrr what can I do, I'm sticking to the diet! Aaaarrrgggh please help xxx

The golden rule is "don't weigh yourself daily" - your weight does fluctuate from day to day, that's normal. If it is really stressful for you, then put the scales away and just weigh once a week
Good luck for you weigh-in on Tuesday

One thing I do remember from my previous attempt at slimming world is the constant telling off for doing exactly the same thing as you get disheartened if it says you've put on or lost say 3lbs and when you come to weigh in day will have only lost 1lb, so put your scales away until weigh in day if you do it at home, if you go to class put them in a cupboard and forget about them :)

I wish I could give you some constructive advice but I too get addicted to weighing myself. I don't go to a group so don't have a particular WI day or time, however I only weigh myself first thing in the morning, I have to be really strict with myself in the evenings when I get the urge to get the scales out but I know how disheartened I get if I put weight on and, being a comfort eater, I would then just eat crap and give up.
Good luck with getting your award x

It's ok to weigh more frequently if you can deal with the fluctuations. If it depresses you then it is just dieting sabotage x

I used to be a cereal weigher, didnt do me any good - dont do it so much anymore! x

I'm a bit addicted to weighing myself too... I probably do it about 3 times a day! I feel like such an idiot every time I do it... But I keep doing it anyway. *sighs*

Back