2lbs ON and don't know what to do...

Carthago delenda est

Silver Member
Hi guys...

I'm at a loss. I've eaten pretty well this week and had a gain of 2lbs...

I don't know what I'm doing wrong and my consultant isn't too sure either.

I've been doing Pilates twice a week, been 100% and still...

My star week started today - this can't explain a 2lb gain, surely!?

Please help me, I've only lost 1lb in 6 weeks!!!

Believe me *week can contribute to a gain - sometimes for me it can be 5lb so don't beat yourself and wait until next week. Just keep drinking fluids to flush it out and stick with SW - you will be fine :)

Thanks for the reply. My consultant has a long chat with me in group and gave me SAS logs, which is like a more detailed food diary, but I weigh everything that needs to be weighed, measure everything (I give myself a level tsp, but allow syns for a tbsp!) and check syns of everything! My C is going to call me in the middle of the week to have a more detailed chat with me.

I'm quite disappointed and frustrated that I don't know what's going on, though the fluids thing could be part of it. I don't drink enough at all! I'm going to set myself a water challenge (2 litres per day)

Thanks for the help.

I personally think that the fluids has a lot to do with it. This week I had less water than the last 2 weeks and I lost less. Maybe also try having the fibre bit every day and change your HEB's a bit.

hey hun :) i was wondering if you'd seen that thread about having a fishy week? im thinking of doing it next week, its a good way of getting more super speed foods into you? just something to think about! and as kristin said, you're doing nothing wrong! dont beat yourself up about it, we all have bad weeks from time to time, i hope this week works out well for you lovely :) xx

good luck with your water challenge hun,i know it can be frustrating when you know you have been 100% thats why i upped my fluids and i was guilty of not drinking enough.xx

Fishy week sounds good, except I'm not the biggest fan of fish...I'll force it down me if I have to... :)

Hey hunni,
as well as the water (which seems like a good idea) are you sure you're eating enough? I ate loads more syns this week than last and lost 4lbs (compared to 1lb last week). Strangely, eating more can speed up your weight loss. It's just if you're measuring out a teaspoon and writing it down as a tablespoon, you're not having all your syns. It may be better to stick to accuracy rather than over-estimating all the time. Just a thought as you must be pretty frustrated...

Don't give up - you can do it!
Good luck,

ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

What plan are you following, if it's EE are you sure you're having 1/3 of your plate superfree.

Have you started a food diary on here maybe we could take a look.

I'd agree with the extra water & make sure you have your syns & eat enough. It's difficult at first to realise you really can eat until full.

You can do this good luck;)

Everyone has already given you fab advice (water etc) and support - my suggestion is to review the foods you are eating - perhaps trying something new every day this week....our bodies apparently can get used to the foods we eat if we dont have a large variety of food.....so if i get a sticking point i buy different foods to usual...

Also try superspeed fruits and foods - blueberries and melon are my faves!!!

Best of luck - i hope you get a super duper loss next weigh in xxx

I do have a food diary (have a look at my signature for the link.) Thanks for the suggestions, I'm definitely going to be extra vigilant this week :)

Good luck with the water challenge, I think you'll get really good results - i lost 4lb the week i started drinking 2litres a day! I hate drinking water though, so I added some No Added Sugar Double Concentrate squash (free! all the supermarkets sell it, it's usually their own brand) - i didn't make it very strong, just used a drop to give it colour and a hint of flavour - made it a LOT easier to drink all that water!!
Good luck with it! x

Food variety and water definitely makes a difference Hun.
However I have noticed that you said that you only allow yourself 1 lvl tsp of something and count it as a tbsp. You could be one of those people that need more syns - you could be under doing your syns especially if you are exercising as well.
Aim for 6-10 syns a day and have them.

xx

Thanks, I'm a great lover of Tesco brand Apple and Blackcurrant squash, haven't had any recently as there is a lack of car now, limiting what we can buy and bring home. I'm trying to sort out some online shopping, but it's all dependent on my mum paying, haha!

I definitely think star week can be the answer. But also I would watch your more calorific fruit intake (i see a lot of mango and this is so yummy really easy to eat a lot of it) switch to ss fruits like melon and berries

Good luck

Teresa

Thanks guys, I'm upping the superfree, walking (just about the only exercise I'm allowed to do apart from pilates) and the fluid intake. I'm munching on cucumber as we speak! I know SW works, it must be something I'm doing but haven't pinpointed yet! It's so great to have so much help and support from you guys, it's highly appreciated.

All of your tips have been great and have really helped. This coupled with the SAS log should help me see a loss at next WI, we will wait and see!

More water! You're on the right track :p Don't be disheartened, although it is a bit odd that you gained! Superfree, I agree, and maybe some Scan Bran as a HExB all week ;) Also, what were you wearing at weigh in? Was it heavier than last time? Did you have something in your pocket?

Enjoy the walking :) Out of curiosity, and if you want to share, why aren't you allowed to do more than pilates and walking? xxx

More water! You're on the right track :p Don't be disheartened, although it is a bit odd that you gained! Superfree, I agree, and maybe some Scan Bran as a HExB all week ;) Also, what were you wearing at weigh in? Was it heavier than last time? Did you have something in your pocket?

Enjoy the walking :) Out of curiosity, and if you want to share, why aren't you allowed to do more than pilates and walking? xxx

Ahhh, the ScanBran challenge (I haven't tried the stuff yet to be honest!) I wore jeans to WI; come to think of it, I've never worn jeans before, usually a skirt and leggings or light combat trousers because of the weather! Maybe that explains the gain! Though I'm still going to up the superfree and fluids! Can only be good for me.

I have scoliosis (a curvature of the spine) and apparently most conventional exercise would make the pain I experience worse! And I just so happen to enjoy the gym which is amazingly annoying now that I can't go (though I've only been a few times and am realllllly unfit!) So the only things I can think of that shouldn't be a problem are walking and cycling (though my bike is broken :( )

Back