2nd:: Weigh in ... "NO,NO,NO"

sammyd

morning all,
last week 6lb loss, that wasnt a full week it was only 5 days but it brought me on line for a sunday weigh in!!
ive been a model dieter all week, and to be honest not eaten no ware near the amount i could or should have, but wanted to kick start the old body in to weight loss,
then there's exercise.. ive done heaps, a million times more than i usually do!!..
so when i got outta bed this morning and looked through my foggy eyes at the scales "what ya recon i saw"
2 bloody lb.. some body please explain that!!.. some might say, any loss is a good loss.. but thats deverstating given how bloody good ive been!
right knocked the wind out of my sail,s that has!!!.. :wave_cry:

Last edited:
It could be to do with the amount of exercise ur doing-u might find the weightloss slows for a few weeks but if u keep up with what ur doin then itl pay off and the results will be seen on the scales :) don't be disheartened,ur in this for the long haul and u've got to think of the big picture-u've lost 8lbs in 12 days!! That's amazing!!!! xxx

week 1: -7lbs

It could be to do with the amount of exercise ur doing-u might find the weightloss slows for a few weeks but if u keep up with what ur doin then itl pay off and the results will be seen on the scales :) don't be disheartened,ur in this for the long haul and u've got to think of the big picture-u've lost 8lbs in 12 days!! That's amazing!!!! xxx

week 1: -7lbs
your absolutely right 8lb in 12 days aint bad!.. this morning was a right kicker though.. wouldn't have taken much to have me reaching for the bacon this morning,i can tell ya!!.. buuuuuuuut just been up the shop on me bike.. and never came back with any thing i shouldn't!!..
think ill have a mid week cheeky peek,..... dont think i could handle another bad week on the old scales!!..:break_diet:

It maybe that you haven't eaten enough Sam. Your body goes into starvation mode if you don't eat as many calories as you need. 8lbs in 12 days is still really good though, keep going!
K x

You need to make sure you're eating enough, men need more than women, plus with exercise, you could be gaining muscle and strength, that will have a lot to do with it too.

If I'm being honest, the first week is normally a good week, I lost 10lb in my first week, a few other weeks I had 7-9lb losses. My first 4 months were always over 10lb losses, it does slow down, you will gain, you will loose and you will stay the same.. we don't really know why, it just happens... our bodies are crazy things, 2lb is still good...

And 1-2lb per week is what is recommended as a healthy weight loss, to prevent weight returning, to prevent health problems with liver, and gall stones..so you're doing well!

well it'll swoon be weigh in time again!.. given last weeks bomb shell ive really been deflated, to the point ive only just got in to the swing of things!.. not massively dropped off the wagon! but less of a bounce in me step!
this week ive backed up on the amount of fruit ive been necking! i never really noticed how much i were getting through till the wife started moaning about always having a empty fruit bowl... so im thinking at least 16lb this week! lol lol
sam..... :0icanfly:

Like the others said, your probably not eating enough so your body is holding onto fat!! I'm no expert but i know it can be the case!!
morning rach,
ive looked in to this and your probably right.. whats worse dieting or trying to eat more to loose weight!.. heads spinning just thinking about it!!.. ive settled in to things again, and see what sunday brings! ;)
as the days go on i get more and more nervous! may have shave off all my body hair and trim me toe nails for this one! lol

I've been telling you all week to eat more. You sure you're not related to these three here? They like you just ignore me until somebody else tells them the same thing, then they say oh yeah you did!
Sheesh!! Minions they're not like they used to be in the olden days! lol.
Have a better week this week Sammy and it is a really good loss

A man naturally looses weight quicker than a woman (you gits ;) )
Men also need more calories, you need to eat more and regular! Your losses have been excellent though, so I wouldn't feel disheartend about that!

when you think about it it is mad, eat more lose weight, who ever though we would have to eat more!! Weight loss is so confusing, like last week i was an angel all week (this doesnt happen often) and i put on 3lb ??? Good luck for this week anyway, and get eating more :D

You are not eating enough. Aim for around 1500 cals a day. More if you are exercising, or your body will hold on to the weight because it assumes you are starving. Don't forget, if you are exercising, muscle weighs more than fat. I would strongly suggest having a blow out once a week too. Eat whatever you like and don't feel guilty. This tricks your metabolism.

Good luck.

You're being overly harsh on yourself and if you're disappointed at a 2lb loss then you're going to be disappointed a lot

2lb is fantastic. It's bang on what you can expect from a 'food based' diet. The only way you'll get consistently higher losses is a VLCD.

If you get 2 this week be pleased with yourself. The weight didn't go on in the space of a few weeks it's not going to come off in a few weeks x

lordy lord,
seems i did loose my way a little.. but that's habits of old and never ever been on any kinda proper diet!
but following last week and the chat i had with my good friend "KATE SANDS".. ive had a complete re think.
have to say my whole quality of life this week has been fantastic tonnes of energy and eating 10 times more than i was.. the whole picture is now my goal no matter how long it takes!
so if nothing happens weight wise this week im not concerned, long as i stick to the rules i know it,ll come off, and hopefully for good this time..
thanx again ladies, a kick up the arse is what us men need from time to time.. "ill be the first to admit that".. (just dont tell the wife) :lost:
""of corse the above means you lot will have to put up with me for longer""... :eek:

Awwww fanks mate! Just remember I'm always up for a good kicking of a mans arse lol.
But I'm glad you found out from everybody (as I knew you would!) that 2lb is a good weight loss, 8lb is fantastic and you should never really be hungry!
Have a great weekend and fingers crossed for Sunday so you can prove we're right lol x

Back