<3 Amys weight loss adventure <3

AmyKY

Mum of 1, expecting No:2
:talk017:
I have been on my weight loss journey on and off since April 2011:D,

At my heaviest 14st 4lbs and i didnt even think i was big even at a size 18 - 20!
Denial was a big part of it i suppose and i just didnt want to know as long as i had my XL hoodies and tracksuits i didnt care. Only after my wedding did i register how big i was looking at the photographs I decided to do something about it! even then i didnt have a dress to wear to the registry office as where i was didnt have anywhere that had a Plus size formal wear :( The shame overwhelmed me and i was embarassed of myself, I had to do something. I was in barely any pictures with my son wh was then just turned 1 year old and i didnt want to be someone he would be ashamed of in the future.

Now 1 year 7 mths later i am down to 11st exactly and a comfortable size 14 , and i got a new jacket last week that was a size 12!!!!!! result!!!!:553:

Last edited:
:character00117:

Ok weigh in tomorrow morning and i am nervous to see if i have gotten into the 10s this week.
I have never been so anxious.
This will be such a milestone for me if i make it you wouldnt believe
oooooooh the stress!
:sigh:​

Yes lads!!!! I hit the 2.5 lbs loss yesterday and made it to the 10st bracket!!!!! Delighted!!! On top of that I also realised I lost a shoe size and I'mdown from a 7 to a six!!!! VERY good week all in all diet wise!

Well done on entering the 10 stones and getting a size 12 clothing item, you're doing fab!

AW thank you very much! We will all get there! its a great feeling to see it drop off every week I might make another 7lbs for my 28th birthday hopefully by February !!! That's if very good but to be honest I'm delighted I am where I am at the moment. Now just the last stone is the hardest to shift so any loss will be great at this stage!

OK I'm really doubtful how well I've done this week, I had a few bad days and honestly will be so grateful with any loss. Tomorrow will tell :/ :/ :/

2lbs lost this week. Possibly could have been more as I was in dublin for 2 days and a party on the Sunday but all in all it was pretty good! Got my stone award this week YEY!!! Helped out in class also and got the Jan/Feb slimming world mag for free! Whoop. Such inspitirational stores and recipes! Next weigh in is Sunday cause of the Xmas holidays. So hopefully something will shift in 5 days!

Hey Amy, congrats on your great progress. Not far from your goal now, keep on truckin!

HAVE to update! While the weight loss is going fairly slow and my sister is smashing me at it. I won't whimper too much over it lol I am down another pound and a half after reversing the December gain and I have taken up running which I am proud to say tonight on my second week as a beginner with little or no fitness level I achieved a total of 15 laps (6km) on the track JOGGING with no stops! yey Also got voted as person of the month from my group who inspired people.chuffed :)

Whoop I was at my sisters bon voyage party Saturday and so many of her friends couldn't believe how much I have changed and I was complimented on my loss. I didn't even recognise myself that I had to look twice when tagged in a photo of a side view! Yey its all paying off!

2 goals met this week....

1. Run a 5k marathon.... did that in 29.39minuts :)
2. Get my silver award!

Also after weeks of staying basically the same I lost 3.5lbs! 4.5lbs to smash and that's 4stone gone FOREVER please God.

out training a good bit this week, keeping it to 3.5mi runs to 4.5 and 5 miles. Now rest day for me today and a 10K marathon tomorrow. Weight at a standstill but i am not to upset as i am getting fit and my time and endurance is improving big time!!!

ANOTHER *personal achievement completed today........my first 10K done in 66 minutes!!!!! VERY hilly and i was exhausted after but it felt great. medal and a horrid toe blister to remind me lol

Hi Amy, that's a fantastic time!

I'm currently training for my first ever run, which is a 10K one in Manchester and I'm so nervous that I'll do a terrible job lol. What technique do you go for when you're running? Do you do interval running or just keep a slower but steady pace for the whole race?

Back