3 CD bars a day only?

charleypolequeen

I thinking of trying 3 bars a dry after I get weighed Friday my CDC is bringin a variety for me to try I have done he shakes before and put it all back on I started Monday and failed Monday and Tuesday and I have been ok today had 3 shakes finally and only drunk about 1.5 litres I need to work on my water more tomorrow but apart from they I'm ok but I really know I wanna do the bars , they say it's not as good as bars have more carbs and can make h feel more hungry but it's gonna be hard either way , either way, anyone tried this?

i did CD last year and i started with 1 bar a day and then moved to two bars as i was doing a lot of exercise and thought i would be burning up the carbs but if i'm honest i found they upset my stomach, one bar wasn't too bad but two bars wasn't grand, i wouldn't want to go to just three bars a day - i didn't think you were meant to do bars in the first 2 weeks anyway???

Yes that's correct they say they don't recommend it's coz the carbs and it can bung u up , but my consultant says it will be ok were gonna see how it goes plus I feel loads more optimistic doing bars rather than shakes its full of all the goodness just hard to drink shakes in the weather and it's gotta work, also what did you have bars with ? and did u loose much? Hope u don't mind me asking

have you tried the soups and porridge as well? not sure jumping to 3 bars would be the best move I'd suggest trying some of the other options first, and have you tried the shakes hot?

as for the water you need to be disciplined, have your days water planned if you are finding it difficult. I have half a litre every 2 hours at work, and then i am aware if I am 'behind' and can catch up.

hey
my CDC will only allow me 1 bar a day and im now on week 4, the only think i would say about bars is that, personally once i had one i needed more stuff to chew on if that makes sense , also felt like i had a lot of psyhcological hunger too, im actually at 6 and 2 threes weather i should just not have them this week as part of me feels that its leading me astray so to speak least if i have porridge shakes and soups im not being tempted by chewing, im kinda thinking that if i need to have something to "eat" id be better off with a chicken breast as no carbs as oppossed to a bar which does have carbs - probably not making much sense but thats my essex brain for you lol
good luck with whatever you decide to do though xx

For variety I do two shakes and 1 soup a day. Last time I did cambridge I tried the bars and the texture really got to me after a while so won't be doing them at all this time round.

I've heard of it being done successfully before - having 3 bars a day.

Your biggest problem with doing that is likely to be wind and loose bowels though (sorry to be graphic, but it is what it is! :D).

But you might be fine. Everybody's tolerance for bars is different. Worth a go if you really can't face shakes and soups. You might find they make you hungrier - but then again, you might not.

If you're going to give it a go though, I recommend staying close to a loo for the first few days you try it, just to be on the safe side!

iva said:
have you tried the soups and porridge as well? not sure jumping to 3 bars would be the best move I'd suggest trying some of the other options first, and have you tried the shakes hot?

as for the water you need to be disciplined, have your days water planned if you are finding it difficult. I have half a litre every 2 hours at work, and then i am aware if I am 'behind' and can catch up.

Love the water idea Indonesia better today with my water , I think when I did Cambridge before it was knew and I done it for 20 weeks with one add a food week them on week 20 I could not keep um down do I stopped and now I'm fat , but u think I wud rather have bars than shakes or at least give it a try i never heard of someone who has done this but it's not bad for my health it's my cravings that would get worse or so they say xx

lastbiscuit said:
hey
my CDC will only allow me 1 bar a day and im now on week 4, the only think i would say about bars is that, personally once i had one i needed more stuff to chew on if that makes sense , also felt like i had a lot of psyhcological hunger too, im actually at 6 and 2 threes weather i should just not have them this week as part of me feels that its leading me astray so to speak least if i have porridge shakes and soups im not being tempted by chewing, im kinda thinking that if i need to have something to "eat" id be better off with a chicken breast as no carbs as oppossed to a bar which does have carbs - probably not making much sense but thats my essex brain for you lol
good luck with whatever you decide to do though xx

I know what u mean this is the reason I put on weight coz when I try to healthy eat I need more and more and they will make me more hungry than if just having shakes but 3 bars a day full of nutrition they may work I'm gonna give it a go and let you know what gives it will be loads harder but honestly I can't imagine it getting harder than this :) thanks I love Essex xx

WillowFae said:
For variety I do two shakes and 1 soup a day. Last time I did cambridge I tried the bars and the texture really got to me after a while so won't be doing them at all this time round.

Did you do just 3 bars and are they tasty?

Lily said:
I've heard of it being done successfully before - having 3 bars a day.

Your biggest problem with doing that is likely to be wind and loose bowels though (sorry to be graphic, but it is what it is! :D).

But you might be fine. Everybody's tolerance for bars is different. Worth a go if you really can't face shakes and soups. You might find they make you hungrier - but then again, you might not.

If you're going to give it a go though, I recommend staying close to a loo for the first few days you try it, just to be on the safe side!

Thanks Lilly that has really helped I honestly can't wait having my last few shakes today tomorrow then I'm on it :) xx

mama22 said:
Cd only recommend one bar a day and taken with extra water

Yes more water I been told i can have my Cdc advised one bar a day but if I'm
Having 3 bars and no shakes shud it really hurt? :)

charleypolequeen said:
Yes more water I been told i can have my Cdc advised one bar a day but if I'm
Having 3 bars and no shakes shud it really hurt? :)

It can as its higher carbs and they can result in constipation and stomach problems, we are advised to only sell one bar and one ready mixed to a customer per day they purchase.

mama22 said:
It can as its higher carbs and they can result in constipation and stomach problems, we are advised to only sell one bar and one ready mixed to a customer per day they purchase.

My CDC was not keen at first also she advised my to keep Lax near by

No, didn't do 3 bars a day - just one. They started off fine but eventually I got to the stage where I couldn't stand the texture of them.

mama22 said:

If by ready mixed you mean tetras, then I think you might want to check that out, because I'm certain there's no restriction on how many tetras you can have in a day. Many many folks have done this diet having nothing but chocolate tetras.

As for bars causing constipation, I think that's no more likely than with shakes (so long as you drink sufficient water) - in fact I think diarrhoea is more likely, especially if you had 3 chewy bars in a day! As I said in my earlier post, wind is more likely to be your main issue!

Last edited:
Nope you can have 3 terta's a day that's perfectly fine. I did the diet successful with 3 strawberry terta's and lost my weight ( 4 stone)... You do have to drink extra water if u have them thou.

Lily is right :) x

*Shanny* said:
Nope you can have 3 terta's a day that's perfectly fine. I did the diet successful with 3 strawberry terta's and lost my weight ( 4 stone)... You do have to drink extra water if u have them thou.

Blah, 3 strawberry tetras a day? :eek: Don't think I could manage that.

You're a brave one, our Shanny! :D :D

Back