3 CD bars a day only?

QUOTE="DappyMare"]Never said you were graded as consultants, but you as cdc do get awards at the cambridge diet conventions and the one I now see has had a fair few, and there attitude to me makes them a top consultant.

Leaving the thread as say the wrong things!

:cool:[/QUOTE]

You said best/top??? Anyone of us can and do win awards I still don't and wouldn't class myself as better then another consultant, and don't use it as a selling technique.

Also I have said before and the post asked, I would not advise 3 bars per day but I'm a consultant not your mother telling you not to, I would just not sell 3 bars per day. I think/ hope I have made my point with that, and give up giving advice to people who aren't the one starting the tread. IF anyone else feels wrong done by then please get to a BMI lower the 28 and train yourself. Best of luck

I would just like to point out to Mama22 that you have miss read the information in the code of conduct and that it says you can only have one bar to replace the shake/porridge/soup or tetra. Not that you can only have one tetra a day.

Just to reiterate to everyone, you can have more than one tetra in a day.

bana said:
I would just like to point out to Mama22 that you have miss read the information in the code of conduct and that it says you can only have one bar to replace the shake/porridge/soup or tetra. Not that you can only have one tetra a day.

Just to reiterate to everyone, you can have more than one tetra in a day.

It was a quote more in relation to bars as this is what the tread was started for, but by all means sit in training/ refresher training yourself. One per day is what we are told what a CDC sells you is up to them.

I dont need to im already a consultant, and i know you can have more than one tetra a day : )

Why don't you just check with Head Office?

The word 'sausage' springs to mind...

Im not getting into a debate about how many tetras you think you can cannot have, i just want the correct advice given. And the correct advice is you can have more than one tetra aday! Id check with who told you you couldnt.

I'm not debating I'm responding to a thread with what I was trained.

Also see thread I followed up as any respectable consultant would.

Sorry Mama

I shouldn't have written that. But I'm tired and grouchy and can't understand why you seem to be taking what we write so personally. I'm not trying to score points, I'm not a CDC. I just know this diet and how it works.

Now I'm really bowing out.

Lily said:
Sorry Mama

I shouldn't have written that. But I'm tired and grouchy and can't understand why you seem to be taking what we write so personally. I'm not trying to score points, I'm not a CDC. I just know this diet and how it works.

Now I'm really bowing out.

Couldn't care less bed for me

The guidance is that you can only have one bar to replace the shake/porridge/soup or tetra. You can DEFINITELY have three tetras a day if you wish.

Mama22 I think you have misunderstood I'm afraid.

Im trying not to sound harsh, but you can have more than one tetra aday, and as a consultant, i want people to be given the correct information. So i would check where you are getting the information where it says you can only have one, as this is incorrect.

It's perfectly OK to have 3 tetras per day if preferred to other liquid products (4 if a female over 5'8" tall or a man on Sole Source or anyone if on Sole Source Plus Option A).

It's recommended to only have 1 bar per day to replace one of the liquid packs, but usually only after the first two weeks.

Hope this helps :)

Blah, 3 strawberry tetras a day? :eek: Don't think I could manage that.

You're a brave one, our Shanny! :D :D
Lily this made me LOL this morning... :) I'm shocked a few people don't like the strawberry. :)

These and MAM's were the best CD's products for me when I did the diet.. :) x

Last edited:
I'd say it's very 'clear' now to say 3 Terta's a day is 'defintley allowed' on the diet :)

Nice to read the last few messages by Cambridge consultants who have also expressed that its fine to have 3 terta's a day. so I think that question is now answered successfully :) Charley let us know how u get on with the 3 bars ;) lol

Lily this made me LOL this morning... :) I'm shocked a few people don't like the strawberry. :)

These and MAM's were the best CD's products for me when I did the diet.. :) x

I find that the strawberry shakes (tetras and sachets) leave a metallic taste in my mouth. I was really disappointed as normally I love anything that is strawberry flavoured. I just stick to chocolate shakes (2) and tomato soup (1)

Just a bit of background to the bars available on Cambridge:

From the beginning, the mealbars contained more carbohydrate than the powders or ready-mades (tetrapaks), and for certain clients - often those below average height - it was sufficient to cause hunger and/or to stall or slow down weightloss.

So perhaps five years ago - time flies at my age! - the Crunch bars were developed, specifically to tackle this problem. They contain half the carbohydrate of the Chewy bars and 12 times the fibre.

(If you check this out on the Ingredient and Nutritional Information leaflets, which your Consultant can provide, this balance may have changed since then, as product development and Government regulations on content does lead to endless tiny changes.)

So while the Crunch bars give with one hand, they pose the distinct possibility of extra wind and loose bowels.

I therefore recommend that clients choose Crunch bars when first introducing bars into the liquid plans, and gradually add in the Chewy bars if desired.

If clients choose to try 2 or even 3 bars a day, I would explain why I think it's not a good idea, but it's ultimately their choice to experiment and see what happens..... just be aware that this is not recommended, and is not part of the carefully-designed Cambridge plans. So if any deviation works for you, that's fine, but please don't tell others that it will work for them.

Finally, it's very important to remember to drink the extra 250ml/half-pint of water with each bar or ready-made carton.

Lily said:
The key word is 'can'. Some folk react badly to malitol, others don't. There is no malitol in the crispy bars, hence my advice to stick to crispy bars wherever possible. They're also a lot lower in carbs, in fact they contain practically the same amount of carb as a shake.

I think your second to last statement is faulty logic. I can't see the difference between 3 chocolate bars and 3 strawberry milkshakes (especially if you like milkshake!). On CD you eat different food. Chicken and lasagne are off the menu. :cry: ;)

Yeah I soooo confused I feel I'm failing just think this is last resort for me I'm fighting a war in my head and my self esteem is on the ground i hate all shakes with a passion I need a break through :) xx

Lesly Cambridge said:
Just a bit of background to the bars available on Cambridge:

From the beginning, the mealbars contained more carbohydrate than the powders or ready-mades (tetrapaks), and for certain clients - often those below average height - it was sufficient to cause hunger and/or to stall or slow down weightloss.

So perhaps five years ago - time flies at my age! - the Crunch bars were developed, specifically to tackle this problem. They contain half the carbohydrate of the Chewy bars and 12 times the fibre.

(If you check this out on the Ingredient and Nutritional Information leaflets, which your Consultant can provide, this balance may have changed since then, as product development and Government regulations on content does lead to endless tiny changes.)

So while the Crunch bars give with one hand, they pose the distinct possibility of extra wind and loose bowels.

I therefore recommend that clients choose Crunch bars when first introducing bars into the liquid plans, and gradually add in the Chewy bars if desired.

If clients choose to try 2 or even 3 bars a day, I would explain why I think it's not a good idea, but it's ultimately their choice to experiment and see what happens..... just be aware that this is not recommended, and is not part of the carefully-designed Cambridge plans. So if any deviation works for you, that's fine, but please don't tell others that it will work for them.

Finally, it's very important to remember to drink the extra 250ml/half-pint of water with each bar or ready-made carton.

Thank for that info Lesley i just don't know what to do anymore she is coming tonight and she agreed I can do it I just hope I'm not fooling myself :)

Shanny , I had a bad night last night and today had chips! I'm getting weighed tomorrow and starting fresh with bars will I stick with it? YES wok I loose and will this work we shall see ??

Last edited:
Back