3 months to freedom

NurseLibby

I'm starting my own thread on here as a way to document my weight loss following a VLCD, and sharing hopefully to inspire and encourage others.

Im 32, 5ft 6 and I work in Psychiatry so my job is quite sedentary. My weight increased to 238lbs following a diagnosis of Hypothyroidism in 2010 (underactive thyroid) I have since struggled to lose the weight, having tried low carb, fasting, slimming world, you name it, been there done it.

I read about Lighter life/Cambridge diet but felt they were expensive, I also felt that I did not need counselling as I knew why I was overweight and my fair share of nutrition. I found Slim and Save in March when I reached my 32nd birthday and felt It was for me.

I started my journey however fell off the plan due to various stressors and excuses, including my mum having a brain haemorrhage, lung cancer and now lymph cancer in the space of several months. It has taught me that life is too short, and I need to finally sort my weight out for my health.

I'm going on a family holiday in September and is the first time I've ever really had a realistic goal to work towards, so I'm choosing this date as my part motivation. I hope to loose as much as I can really, I'm sure it may take slightly longer but I hope to feel comfortable on my holiday.

Im starting this thread for somewhere I can air my thoughts into and I plan to post starting and ongoing weights, pictures of me and suggestions of foods I've tried and enjoyed for ideas for others; I'm a low carb queen so hoping to share some of my recipes.

I hope you find my journey inspiring and choose to change your life too, if you choose to comment I thank you for your time :)

Last edited:
Started 11/05/13 at a weight of 235lbs :)

So far I generally have a Green Tea at breakfast, then a shake, a soup at lunch and a bar or wafer (LOVE the wafers although they are pricey, definitely worth it!) I then either have a packet or a meal. Then I have an evening shake.

So far:
Cheesy Pasta - I have it with broccoli and cauliflower, like mac cheese.
Mushroom pasta - I like to add mushrooms, and a clove of garlic (minced)
Tomato soup - I like to add chilli powder for a kick :D
cafe latte, vanilla and chocolate shake - I like to add coffee

Tonight is steak night - me and my partner will have steak (seasoned with pepper) and Swede Chips - Swede cut into wedges, oven cooked and sprinkled with Paprika. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS I TELL YOU :D

I have weighed myself naughtily as I'm still trying to shake my scale addiction, I will only post my weights weekly though :)

Last edited:
Back