3 week waist challenge anyone?

LincsBren

Silver Member
I've set myself a 3-week-waist challenge - ie a race to see how many inches I can lose off my waist in 3 weeks. It's not coming off so easily with diet only now I'm nearly 10 weeks in, so I've decided to do sit ups daily (sometimes twice daily, but I KNOW that won't happen every day!) and see if it helps tone my middle up!

My waist as of this morning is 33.5". I think in 3 weeks I could, hopefully, get it down to 31.5". Maybe! That's my goal anyway!

Anyone with me?

I would love to Bren, but i know i would fall flat on my face!!! lol

I have not lost anything on my waist (or anywhere else for that matter). I am in the same size clothes, but i think i may have receding gums and that's where the weight has gone from! lol

Good luck hun and i hope you find someone to share your challenge x x

I can't believe you haven't lost ANY inches with such good weight losses! Have you been measuring yourself? I have to say I'm glad I've been measured, as often the inches are dropping even if the weigh doesn't shift as easily. Give me more motivation to keep going!

No hun, i never measured myself.. I think that would really have put me over the edge!! I am coping with the diet quite well at the moment, but i truly think i would depress myself if i took my measurements..

I honestly don't know where it has gone from.. but it's going in the right direction so it can't be all bad... x x x x

I'll join in!!

Hi Bren, Hate to see you do this by yourself..I'll join in if that's okay? It's only my first week (Day6) so I don't know how many inches I'm likely to lose in a few weeks but it'll be interesting to monitor anyway. As of just now..my waist is 36.5"....I can't really set myself a goal as I've no idea how much will come off if it even does at all...I'll say that I'd like to get to 35" and see from there.. x

Mine was 29" this morning, I measured it to see if having a less bloated tummy would make a difference. I know that I measure it at the beginning of the diet but can't honestly remember what it was.

Interesting post Bren, I'm really looking forward to having a 26" waist again!

I'll join, i took my measurements at the start and a wee while ago, so will go measure now! xx

BLimey Sandra, don't think I'm EVER had a 26" waist - not even as a teenager :eek: My dream is to manage a 28", but don't even know if that's realistic!

Thanks Ella and Missy, nice to have company!!

1 week on the challenge tomorrow, so I'll update on waist measurement tomorrow night! Ella, you'll be amazed at how quickly the inches drop off. My waist was 40" when I started 10 weeks ago!

Start:
Hip: 47.5"
thigh: 27.5"
under bust: 38.2"
waist: 35.5"
top arm: 15.5"
neck: 14.5"
calf: 16.2"

now:

Hip: 43.5"
thigh: 24.5"
under bust: 35.5"
waist: 32.5"
top arm: 13.5"
neck: 13"
calf: 15.5"

total loss after 6 weeks : 16.9"

Fantastic, well done!

Starting measurements:
Under bust: 38"
Around bust: 46"
Waist: 40"
Hips: 48"
Arms: 14"
Thighs: 28"

Measurements last Monday (9 weeks on diet):
Under bust: 34" (-4")
Around bust: 41" (-5")
Waist: 33.5" (-6.5")
Hips: 41.5" (-6.5")
Arms: 12.75" (-1.25")
Thighs: 24.75" (-3.25")

9 weeks and 26.5" down :eek:

Last edited:
Thats brilliant! Gives me a wee clue too when I might fit into a size 14 :D

10 week measurements (end of 1st week challenge!)

Waist: 32.5" (-7.5")
Hips: 41" (-7")
Arms: 12" (-2")
Thighs: 24" (-4")

Total = 29.5" lost. Waist has lost an inch in a week - I was aiming for 2" in 3 weeks but now am going to push for 2.5" in the 3 weeks, to take me to 31" waist.

Wow look at those inches go girls!........must find mine from the start and measure again!

10 week measurements (end of 1st week challenge!)

Waist: 32.5" (-7.5")
Hips: 41" (-7")
Arms: 12" (-2")
Thighs: 24" (-4")

Total = 29.5" lost. Waist has lost an inch in a week - I was aiming for 2" in 3 weeks but now am going to push for 2.5" in the 3 weeks, to take me to 31" waist.

11 week measurements (end of 2nd week of waist challenge - 1 week to go!) [X] = amount lost since last week, (X) = total loss.

Under bust: 34" [0"] (-4")
Around bust: 38.5" [-2.5"] (-7.5")
Waist: 32" [-0.5"] (-8")
Hips: 39.5" [-1.5"] (-8.5")
Arms: 12" [0"](-2")
Thighs: 23.75" [-0.25"] (-4.25")

I've been a bit slack with the sit-ups the last 3 days so must crack on again if I'm going to manage another inch off my waist in a week!

well done! ima measure and brb lol

Start:
Hip: 47.5"
thigh: 27.5"
under bust: 38.2"
waist: 35.5"
top arm: 15.5"
neck: 14.5"
calf: 16.2"

last time:

Hip: 43.5"
thigh: 24.5"
under bust: 35.5"
waist: 32.5"
top arm: 13.5"

now:

Hip: 41"
thigh: 22.5"
under bust: 34.5"
waist: 30.5"
top arm: 12.5"

8.5 inch loss in 2 weeks :) 25.4 in 8.5 weeks

The tape measure was just toooooo cold to take loads of measurements but these are my before and afters!

Before bust 42 waist 33 hips 45
After bust 39 waist 29 hips 42

That's in 8 weeks so I'm pretty happy! Can't wait to be able to exercise some more though......

That's amazing girls! What a waist, Sandra!

I haven't got all of my measurements to hand, but my 3 week challenge took me to 31.75", so I los just under 2" which I'm pleased with!

Back