:(

Safia

Gold Member
Just read this article, wish i hadnt at this time of night!

BBC News - Wycombe Hospital 'turned away patient with heart attack history'

This is the same hospital my dad died in June. After being told by nhsdirect to go into hospital for a checkup he went but as soon as my sisters got him there and onto a wheelchair he started fitting. My sisters rushed him into the reception area of the cardiac section and the nurse there just stood there and stared. My sisters said to her we need help and all she did was bark at them and tell them to take him to a open cubicle when it was quite clear he had to go over to the other area with machines so my sister ignored her and took him over to the other cubicles and proceeded to get him on the bed herself but thankfully other staff than took over. 30 minutes later he was dead from a massive heart attack. I'm not saying that if she had acted sooner and got him where he should have been he would be alive but she was utterly useless and even after he died we were in hospital for many hours she was just standing about staring and no words of condolences even though other staff who hadnt treated him payed their condolences. My sister who also works as a nurse for the same hospital trust made a complaint in july and we still havent heard anything! I cant believe they are playing with peoples lives.

All I can do is send you a huge cyber hug and a shoulder to use if you need it.

There is nothing worse than losing someone you love as much as you do your parents, children or siblings . To lose your father in such distressing circumstances is dreadful.

love and hugs xxxxxxxxx

Have calmed down a bit today and I didnt head for the chocs like i wanted to. While he was alive my dad was really worried that i would get seriously ill if i didnt start to lose some of the weight because he was not that overweight when he had his first heartattack, It was him dying that was the kick i needed, i just wish i had done this while he was alive and made him proud.

Have calmed down a bit today and I didnt head for the chocs like i wanted to. While he was alive my dad was really worried that i would get seriously ill if i didnt start to lose some of the weight because he was not that overweight when he had his first heartattack, It was him dying that was the kick i needed, i just wish i had done this while he was alive and made him proud.

Safia, I am so glad you feel calmer now. I think shock can make us all react in ways we wouldn't normally react.
I am sure your dad was proud of you weight loss or no weight loss. It is so normal for a parent to worry about their child/children but it doesn't detract from love and pride.

You are doing so well with your weight loss .

Be assured that if your dad was around he would be bursting with pride at how well you are doing. I know you should be.

hugs xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Back