:)

duncan

Silver Member
Hi Guys, is there anyone else finding the second time round and round and round extremely hard, im doing ok till day 3 then i loose it.

Oh, in the past, goodness me yes! And not just the second time either. No, make it about the twentieth time (I'm ashamed to admit it might be more). But it can be done. You have to forget everything you learned from doing it the first time. I know, that sounds odd, but bear with me.

You need to do it like you did it the first time. When you were terrified of not sticking to the plan cos you didn't want it to stop working. So that means no worrying about which foods do or don't keep you in ketosis, because it doesn't matter whether they do or don't. If they're not on the plan, you don't eat them. Full stop.

You need to drink at least 4 pints of allowable fluids a day. And in the meantime, you just don't do food (assuming you're doing SS). Meals are just not something you partake in for as long as it takes (unless you're having SS+ meals/810 meals and then you are only allowed exactly what it says in the book).

Don't try to tweak the plan. It's taken me years to learn this - maybe I can save you the heartache. :) Because even the littlest tweaks (diet squash, diet fizzy pop, nuts, cheese, ham...) eventually lead to bigger tweaks. The plan as it's written works. So if you want it to work, follow the plan. Remember why you want to do this. If you're in no particular hurry, consider doing a different diet. But if you want to be pounds and pounds lighter in the shortest possible time - do Cambridge by the book!

Oh gosh you're so right. I've become soo relaxed and if I'm honest I think reading on here what people get away with doesn't help! First time I did it I was so scared of 'breaking' it that I was even nervous about certain forms of intimacy with my boyfriend (if you know what I'm saying, cringe) but now I feel like it's ok if it's protein but that's not true. If it was true it would be in the book wouldn't it.

Lily if you're not a consultant already then I really think you should be!

Lily if you're not a consultant already then I really think you should be!

LOL, thank you - but I can't take all the credit for this. That belongs to a consultant named Helen (if you're reading this, you know who you are! :D x x)

Thanks lily! Just ready your manifesto and given me a new perspective on starting fresh tomorrow 100% effort = 100% results x

Oh gosh you're so right. I've become soo relaxed and if I'm honest I think reading on here what people get away with doesn't help! First time I did it I was so scared of 'breaking' it that I was even nervous about certain forms of intimacy with my boyfriend (if you know what I'm saying, cringe) but now I feel like it's ok if it's protein but that's not true. If it was true it would be in the book wouldn't it.

Just read that!!! And couldn't stop laughing!! :)

Just read that!!! And couldn't stop laughing!! :)

:D

If it makes you feel better, Mmmmm, that's a question that's been asked before here. (Yes, really!) The consensus was there's no problem with that at all. I seem to remember seeing the er... substance... being broken down into its nutritional components... :8855:

It's not on the SS+ list mind... Seems like a good reason to say "oh darling, I can't!" if you ask me. ;)

Haha so I wasn't the first to wonder!

I structured my post really badly when I was referring to protein not being on the list I meant things like having a cheeky bit of steak or something! Oh gosh can you imagine if that was on the 'allowable fluids' list!

Oh and that thread title is hilarious but also made me gag!

Haha so I wasn't the first to wonder!

I structured my post really badly when I was referring to protein not being on the list I meant things like having a cheeky bit of steak or something! Oh gosh can you imagine if that was on the 'allowable fluids' list!

Oh and that thread title is hilarious but also made me gag!

This thread has just really cracked me up! I can't stop laughing!!!! Good luck Hun and as Lily said stick to it 100% and it really works! Second time for me and really much harder the first week! Just get over this and the weigh will fall off!

Take care and good luck with your journey x

To be honest Mmmmm, I hadn't fully taken in what you were saying until babymumma2 posted. :D And I loved the structure of your post. Best laugh I've had in ages too. :8855:

Back