31 weeks pregnant and taking back control

free2bme

Hey to all,
Just wondering if there is anyone out there who lost control of their weight while pregnantbut managed to pull it back together, and even shed a little in the last fewmonths. On my last baby I went to slimming world and gained around 15lb in totalthroughout pregnancy. This time it came as a bit of a shock (pleased though)and everything just seemed to go pear shaped. I stood on the scales last weekfor the first time in a year and... OMD I've put on 4 stone.... :cry:I was in completedenia (dam leggings just keepstretching)
Now I just feeling a little desperate and motivation is needed...x

I'm 36 weeks, with my first I put on 3.7 stone and this time I've put on 2.12 st I haven't managed to lose anything lately but after my first was born I lost 23lb's in 5 days, mostly baby stuff and water. And in total I lost 4 and a half stone in 15 months from lo being born to conceiving again this time. It can be done hun, just try not to focus too much on your weight or you'll miss the good bit's of pregnancy x

i would say try not to put to much pressure on yourself hun ive been following slimming world on and off through out and have lost and gained a few pound. if you feel up to making those changes and you enjoy making them then no reason why you shouldnt look at losing a few pound now but try and make it more about enjoying what you have and thinking of health rather than pounds ... im at a 6lb gain at the moment and that hovers between a 4 and 10 pound gain ... id really like to lose a couple more pound but im right at the end of my pregnancy now so not wanting to put pressure on myself

I gained over 60 pounds with my first and really regretted it. But it was so hard to control the weight gain, it felt so out of control. In retrospect I guess I should have counted calories and found some lower cal replacement for sugar and honey. Oh and kept excericing past 4 months.

Back