37lb in 8 weeks but struggling

Miss_Bettany

I have lost 37lb in 8 weeks now which I am really pleased with, still have a long way to go though. But I'm struggling to have the packs, the milkshakes, this last week, have been making me gag, to the point where for 6 days all I have had is a bar a day and water. I know that is not healthy or the right way to do it, and I have told my counsellor who has been brill and this week she has agreed that I can have 2 bars and 2 shakes a day to try and ease me back into them, but I'm still struggling with it. I haven't eaten nor do I want to eat, I'm not hungry, don't feel ill at all. It is just these shakes :(

aww sorry to hear that hun, have you tried playing around and making muffins, mousse and other things from the recipes, or try mixing 2 different shakes together like, the caramel and vanilla which tastes like white chocolate etc, sorry if I've not been any help

xxxx

I know that there's a thread here about all the different ways to eat packs. Hopefully another member will be able to tell you.

I remember having similar struggles as I did LL SSing for five months. In the end all I could bear was hot chocolate - so that's what I had, four times a day. It was funny though, because for the first three months I did not like the chocolate flavour!

Have you tried holding your nose while drinking the shakes? Sounds weird, but it might work.

Congratulations on your weightloss achievement to date:D! Hopefully, you'll get some good advice from other members.

AmanadaJayne

Hi there

I have to say firstly that you have done really brilliantly to achieve 37lb weight loss in 8 weeks - would you have done this with another diet?

There is a sticky at the top of the LL forum with recipes - I am going to try them myself this week(I am in week 4).

Good luck

Daisydee x:)

Hi - Same here - wks 7, 8 & 9 saw me nibbling more and more out of bordom - only lost 2 lbs :cry:- but am revitalized by the new vanilla shake (delicious with 2 teaspoons of coffee) and the new peanut and R&C crunch bar - FAB. All the other bars make me ill.

Have you tried making a thai chilli popadom (increase cooking time to 2.5 or 3 mins) or a choc muffin (add 2 sweetners) - see recipes on other thread. Also try thre Choc and banana together - a double is fab. Do you make with cold water and add ice before shaking - I dont like the shakes at room temp but ice cold they work ok.

Good luck - LC Saloon

Hi Miss Bettany

I know just how you feel, my daughter has just been through exactly the same as you and has been unable to take any of the shakes soups or bars, just the thought of them makes her gag and then actually vomit. She started off so well and was full of enthusiasm but by Week 6 she couldnt stand the sight of a shake or a bar.

Unfortunately she has fallen by the way side and decided not to continue. She is devastated, as am I for her, as she was doing this to loose weight for her wedding next year. Our Counsellor really feels that if she had continued to try that eventually she would have got over this bad patch and been able to continue. She felt that it is a case of mind over matter, but when you feel physically sick I dont think you can think rationally.

So I just want to plead with you to keep trying to get the shakes down as best you can. Dont miss any out because then you will be tempted to eat and once you start nibbling it is hard to stop. This bad time will pass and then you will be able to carry on and see the amazing results, you have done so well so far and it would be such a shame to let it all go.

My daughter has already put back on 10lbs because once you start eating again without going through maintenance and doing it properly the weight goes on really quickly.

Good luck, keep going, it will be worth it.

Sandra

Thankyou all for your advice. I'm not going to quit because this is working diet wise, I have tried cooking them, ice cold, warm, etc. Not tried freezing them yet, but I will do.

Back