3lbs ON

batlo8

Morning folks,

well I am extremely upset and have no drive to stick to this diet whatsoever. I weighed myself this morning and I have gained 3lbs overnight! I actually burst into tears.

I can't feel as awful as I do from hunger to then face this disappointment. It's a very big knock very early in the diet and I can't muster the strength to yack another disgusting shake down.

I don't know what to do. I'm so dis heartened

Morning folks,

well I am extremely upset and have no drive to stick to this diet whatsoever. I weighed myself this morning and I have gained 3lbs overnight! I actually burst into tears.

I can't feel as awful as I do from hunger to then face this disappointment. It's a very big knock very early in the diet and I can't muster the strength to yack another disgusting shake down.

I don't know what to do. I'm so dis heartened

Seriously, I'm assuming most who go on this diet will do research and read info about it aswell as studying reviews and the likes of this site.

Then nearly everyone still seem to make the mistake of jumping on scales every 3 minutes and getting upset because they haven't lost a stone in the previous 180secs. Have a look at your weightloss in under a fortnight. I understand that this diet isn't for everyone but it is the most effective as proven by your weightloss so far.

If you have been following the plan 100% then there is no way you have put on fat, stick to the plan, only get weighed by the pharmacist and then when it shows what you have lost then come back on here happier and with a renewed determination. You have done the hard part by starting and you will never have a better chance of losing weight so give a few short weeks of your life and then change the way you live forever.

If you are going to get disheartened by a diet and you have no faith in it when you have lost over a stone in under a fortnight then I'm not sure what other diet out there will keep you rocking when you lose 1-2lb a week.

Just give it another few days til your weigh-in day AND STAY AWAY FROM OTHER SCALES.

Sorry if some of this sounds harsh but it's what needs to be said.

Ok I get what you're trying to do but talking to me like I'm an idiot isn't going to help.

Just to make you aware I have done the diet previously, so yes it's a well researched choice and I know the ins and outs of it all. I also know that weighing once a week doesn't work for me, I need to monitor my progress or I give up. So perhaps you need to see that different people have different coping mechanisms.

Anyway, thanks so much for your self righteous reply. I won't be back here being as when I need help and encouragement I just get shouted down. So I'll just go it alone.

Second to thar though, big thanks to the people who have been helpful on my other posts. Hope you all do great xx

Ok I get what you're trying to do but talking to me like I'm an idiot isn't going to help.

Just to make you aware I have done the diet previously, so yes it's a well researched choice and I know the ins and outs of it all. I also know that weighing once a week doesn't work for me, I need to monitor my progress or I give up. So perhaps you need to see that different people have different coping mechanisms.

Anyway, thanks so much for your self righteous reply. I won't be back here being as when I need help and encouragement I just get shouted down. So I'll just go it alone.

Second to thar though, big thanks to the people who have been helpful on my other posts. Hope you all do great xx

Fair enough, I see the monitoring thing is going well for you.

Good luck anyway.

easy tiger:) im sure sean was only trying to help and as sean was the only reply you got you took whatever is going on out on sean.

Oh dear... please dont take what Sean said as talking down to you... I know 100% that he meant it as motivational .... Its so true that some people have to stay away from the scales and only get weighed weekley (so to avoid these disspointments)

I know you are really low because of your weigh in which is why you have probably taken Seans comments badly but really, he was only telling the truth and being motivational...

Try and calm down and put it in perspective and come back on (if you want to of course) and let us know how youre doing....

PS - you know the 3LB is only water right?

We all in this together and all just trying to help each other...

Well !!!

What do u say to that...

Nothing !!! She's gone

But good luck, while batlo is battling with the scales I agree she will continue to find it hard...
I did it the first couple of weeks and didn't lose anything, yet I went to my weigh Ins and lost plenty.

I weigh myself everyday too and, low and behold some days I'm up a pound or two as well, this morning was one of them despite, yesterday, having my three shakes, 4 litres of water and going to the gym....so what's that all about?! I even had a stomach upset due to being a bit over-zealous with the fibre-clear stuff!

But I'm wondering if in fact my body is trying to hang onto some water cos of aforementioned stomach upset? Makes sense to me as otherwise I would quite possibly be dehydrated today....

Bat, please don't stress over what the scales tell you from day to day, if you've stuck to the diet, and only you know the truth?, then you will keep losing weight...but think about it sensibly, a huge proportion of our bodies are comprised of water and this is surely going to fluctuate from day to day.

And don't beat Sean up about this, he's been on the diet long enough to know what he's talking about!

Just stick with it babe, if you're strong enough to get this far then surely you can stay with it a bit longer? Chin(s) up and go and have your shake xx

Ps if you want to rant and rave then please don't hesitate to pm me, I'll happily listen....

I know, take a c@@p and then get back on the scales, that helps sometimes too...

Hi Bat
Just read your other thread too! You've done really well so far, keep it up! I'm sure as others have said BigS didn't mean to come across in that manor (he's a good guy).
It's not an easy diet and some of us do need daily sneak peaks at our weight to see how were doing. I do it sometimes, but do find that it can be up and down, but don't let it get to me because I know that when I go for my chemist weigh in, its gonna be the official weigh in. So long as you are sticking to the diet 100% you should lose. You've done it before and acheived a great outcome so keep your chin up. I'm sure you're weigh in will be fine. Hugs
Emma x

Oh dear... please dont take what Sean said as talking down to you... I know 100% that he meant it as motivational .... Its so true that some people have to stay away from the scales and only get weighed weekley (so to avoid these disspointments)

I know you are really low because of your weigh in which is why you have probably taken Seans comments badly but really, he was only telling the truth and being motivational...

Try and calm down and put it in perspective and come back on (if you want to of course) and let us know how youre doing....

PS - you know the 3LB is only water right?

We all in this together and all just trying to help each other...

I think we've got to the bottom of those pesky 3lbs.

TOTM !

I think we've got to the bottom of those pesky 3lbs.

TOTM !

OK, that literally made me burst out laughing! I was sat sneaking a peak at the forum whilst at work and people now think I have lost the plot laughing to myself! ha ha!

I feel sheepish :( I'm really sorry Sean. I think if I had of read your post like 2 hours later than I did I would have reacted totally differently. But you know when you're really down in the dumps and really all you want is a big 'Awwww'? Well that's what I wanted when I read your post so I got upset. I think your TOTM idea could well be right!

I know what was said was meant to spur me on, I can just be a bit defensive sometimes due to recent experiences in my personal life. Which is totally my issue and should not have been taken out on you.

Anyway, I hope you accept my apology? Maybe if I :kissass: that'll help?! ha ha!

OK, that literally made me burst out laughing! I was sat sneaking a peak at the forum whilst at work and people now think I have lost the plot laughing to myself! ha ha!

I feel sheepish :( I'm really sorry Sean. I think if I had of read your post like 2 hours later than I did I would have reacted totally differently. But you know when you're really down in the dumps and really all you want is a big 'Awwww'? Well that's what I wanted when I read your post so I got upset. I think your TOTM idea could well be right!

I know what was said was meant to spur me on, I can just be a bit defensive sometimes due to recent experiences in my personal life. Which is totally my issue and should not have been taken out on you.

Anyway, I hope you accept my apology? Maybe if I :kissass: that'll help?! ha ha!

Haha, listen, no worries. I knew I came across as slightly harsh 1st time round and even apologised in advance. You see, I have testicles and stuff and that makes me a slightly different breed to the women on the board. We're all in this together though and have had the same ups and downs. Put the last 24hrs disappointment behind you, I didn't realise you'd done this before.

Good you didn't up and leave, you're tasty lookin ! ;)

Nice switch to flirting there, well done! Lmao x

OMG I burst out laughing at the TOTM quote too! This is all too funny now, its gone from outbursts to flirting within a few hours....

hey i may be a male but I have a TOTM aswell, tends to come in 6 weekly cycles with me though! Just wait till I let rip at somebody! lol

Sean - you are so funny mate, you should be on the stage!
Batlo8 - good on ya for apologising and Im glad you still here x better days ahead hun...

:grouphugg:

Back