4 days good then 4 days sick = good weigh day

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
I need help/comfort/arse kicking/pep talk/hug. I'm only on day 3 and I'm struggling not so far with hunger but my brain needing junky rubbish. Its been a tough month emotions wise and a really crappy afternoon at work has kind of triggered an emotional response which usually I keep firmly behind a wall. Last night I kept it in check with my ss+ meal but this morning I just want to eat eat and eat. I know this is going to get worse when the hunger and headahces kicks in

Today needed to be a duvet day!

Ahh really sorry you feel like this, I completely understand, had my 5th day 1 or something yesterday in the about 2 weeks!!

Alls I can say is water and lots of hot tea/coffee, do u have sweetener maybe a dash of milk if your doing ss+ I find this keeps my hunger at bay, the last thing you want is to waste the last 3 days and be back at day 1 going through this again, its a mentally hard diet but I know you can do this.

Big loves xxxxx

I really think that I survived the 'going into ketosis' nightmare by starting the plan on a Thursday! Everyone seems to want to start a diet on a Monday (to make it easier to count how long they have been doing it for?!) but because I work in a 9-5.30 during the week in a firm and have weekends off, by starting on the Thursday I was full of motivation on those first two days and distracted by work.......then when I started to feel headachey and tired I had a whole weekend which I had kept deliberately free to lounge about!

I know this isn't always possible for people with children, or different work patterns, but I honestly think thats how I survived the first week! Looking back, it has gone so quickly although it seems to drag at the time!

Thanks ladies,

I always find that weekends are harder as i get bored and when I am bored I comfort eat. Although there is plenty to do i'm just lazy.
I'm still struggling, the canteen smells lush and I just want to go eat, I've cried 3 times today because someone spoke to me.

Oh thats true! The first weekend I felt rubbish and did nothing but now I find them the hardest as I don't have work to distract me!!!!! I love the weekends because I get to chill out but in a way I can't wait until Monday rolls back around! I find it a good idea to keep distracted - I had a lot of baths to begin with!

Evening guys,
I need some help. I spoke to my husband this morning and he admitted he wasn't happy about me being on this diet, he hasn't been eating properly since I've been on it because he feels guity. Long story short I agreed to give it up and have eaten carbs today and only 2 shakes. Basically althiugh I wasn't strugging much on the diet he gave me an excuse to give up But I've been thinking this evening how angry I am at myself, I was doing fine, I didn't want to eat the stuff that I ate. I dont no what I want to do, I just want to lose some weight so I can have a baby safely and get on a plane , I need a magic wand and some direction.

I think you need to have a serious chat with him and explain what it means to you.
Make it clear that it's not about him being happy. It's about you feeling happy, confident and mostly healthy.
Tell him it's not for ever and it's up to him how he eats when your on it
You'll have to be mega strong but you can do it. If you made the decision to go on it then you must want the results. Be selfish!!

Imitt said:
Evening guys,
I need some help. I spoke to my husband this morning and he admitted he wasn't happy about me being on this diet, he hasn't been eating properly since I've been on it because he feels guity. Long story short I agreed to give it up and have eaten carbs today and only 2 shakes. Basically althiugh I wasn't strugging much on the diet he gave me an excuse to give up But I've been thinking this evening how angry I am at myself, I was doing fine, I didn't want to eat the stuff that I ate. I dont no what I want to do, I just want to lose some weight so I can have a baby safely and get on a plane , I need a magic wand and some direction.

:(

Big hug :hug99:

Do you normally cook for him - is that why he's not eating? Or is he quite capable of sorting himself out? The trouble is, he's used to being able to cheer you up with food. Food has been a sure fire winner for him for some time - so of course that's what he'll think of if you're grumpy. He's going to have to learn that supporting you is actually what you need!

It's so hard to do this diet if you haven't got your partner on side - but it can be done. You've not done too much damage yet - one day off plan doesn't send you back to the beginning. Ketosis isn't nearly as important as everyone makes out - you can still lose weight this week doing Cambridge if you want to.

So, do you want to? Weekends are so so tough on Cambridge but you can find a way through this if you want it to work. If you're like me, you've tried most other diets, got frustrated and given up. It's ok to put your needs first, hun x x

Now, where did I put that magic wand? :) When I find it, I'll wave it in your direction, ok?

Sorry I dissapeared I've been seriously poorly for the last few days i think it was food poisioning from some chicken I had or maybe a bug, either way it was nasty. So i'm back at work today and back on my shakes but i feel soooooo sick, didn't help that the shake was made with tepid water. I've decided i definatly want to carry on with cambridge and I have my first weigh in tonight although I have warned my cdc that I won't have lost much after living on ribena and lucazade for the last few days. Will be able to restock on mint choc shakes.

Just been reading through and good for you getting back on it!! Good luck with weigh in tonight!! Don't think about it too much just get back on it and stay strong! And most importantly get better soon x M x

Thanks hun, I lost 6lb so I'm very pleased considering I was only 4 days on and then 4 days sick so not doing anything remotely like cambridge. Had a big chat with my CDC and ready to get fully back on the wagon tomorrow.

Back