5:2 Diet

grotbags1979 said:
Hi Ladies, haven't been on for a few days but unfortunately I've had to stop the diet. I've got gallstones and apparently it could be linked to the fasting so i can't carry it on. Im gutted because it really was working but it seems in my case it isn't right for my body. Good luck all and back to the diet drawing board :-(

Ahh that's a shame, I know a few people who've had gallstones, how long have you been fasting then as don't they take ages to form?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well its five weeks this time but it's the second attempt, so maybe they are from the first round of fasting I did. I lost the majority of my weight on weight watchers so that came off very slowly, with fasting it dropped off me so maybe that's the problem, too much too quick.

grotbags1979 said:
Well its five weeks this time but it's the second attempt, so maybe they are from the first round of fasting I did. I lost the majority of my weight on weight watchers so that came off very slowly, with fasting it dropped off me so maybe that's the problem, too much too quick.

Ah yeah, I know someone I worked with did lighter life a few years ago and lost about 4 stone and blamed hers on doing that, but she got them about a year or so afterwards, but what they said is that her body from couldn't cope with returning to all the fat afterwards, she was in so much pain with attacks though

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aw I'm so sorry to hear that grotbags. I hope you find something which works for you safely. I've got a faulty immune system so I'm curious to see if fasting makes any difference to my bloodwork as Steroids have slowly crept my weight up over the last 2 years (I've been lucky though as my consultant said the weight gain can hit you pretty quick and I'm on them long term so gotta be positive!)

You will be a miss on this thread !

Thanks Deb. Maybe It's the difference between the low fat fast days and what I've ate the other days but I track my food so i know i eat fairly healthy the other days too. Also doctors can be quick to blame something to give you an answer.

All i know is that the pain was as bad as labour pains when i had the attack....no diet is worth that, even one that works. Feeling very rubbish now as i have bad willpower and this was the first diet that gave me some freedom with my choices. Back to low cal and exercise.

Hi Grotbags,

So sorry to hear of your problems and that you won't be carrying on with us. I hope everything works out for your health. Take care of yourself.

All the best.

Denise xx :)

Thanks Deb. Maybe It's the difference between the low fat fast days and what I've ate the other days but I track my food so i know i eat fairly healthy the other days too. Also doctors can be quick to blame something to give you an answer.

All i know is that the pain was as bad as labour pains when i had the attack....no diet is worth that, even one that works. Feeling very rubbish now as i have bad willpower and this was the first diet that gave me some freedom with my choices. Back to low cal and exercise.

Aw I can understand you feeling fed up - but imagine if this had happened way back when you first started trying to lose weight i.e. before you lost almost 3st. (going by your profile info) You've come so far !! What other diet options have you done in the past?

Keep your head up luv x

Hey guys can I join please .

I'm starting the 5:2 with tues/sat being my fast days ! I'm at 8st 12 now and want to maintain and any loss will be a bonus !

I'm interested to see what calories you eat on feast days or what kind of meals you eat... What's the kind of normal amount of calories to consume on feast days ?? I will have zero problems with fast days being a previous yo yo dieter this will be easy for me i think lol!!!!

26 yrs Female 8st 12lb 5ft 2in

Hi, thought I'd introduce myself; I've been doing 5:2 for about 10 weeks now, 500 cal on my down days, and trying to follow SW on my up days, flexing a bit at weekends to allow for alcohol and a few more treats which inevitably happen. I dont count the calories on up days.

I travel quite a bit, so during that 10 weeks, I've been away for 2 separate weeks, and 3 or 4 additional weekends, so off plan on those occasions too - even the 5:2 can't counteract that fully, but overall I have lost weight over the 10 weeks.

I don't find the fasting too hard, save all my calories for the evening, using mainly herbal teas to keep me going during the day.

:wavey:

Hi, thought I'd introduce myself; I've been doing 5:2 for about 10 weeks now, 500 cal on my down days, and trying to follow SW on my up days, flexing a bit at weekends to allow for alcohol and a few more treats which inevitably happen. I dont count the calories on up days.

I travel quite a bit, so during that 10 weeks, I've been away for 2 separate weeks, and 3 or 4 additional weekends, so off plan on those occasions too - even the 5:2 can't counteract that fully, but overall I have lost weight over the 10 weeks.

I don't find the fasting too hard, save all my calories for the evening, using mainly herbal teas to keep me going during the day.

:wavey:

Hi Seacrest,

Welcome to the club! I've been doing it a similar time to you and have been losing weight too, though slowly, which is normal for me. It's a good way of eating and helping control your weight. I hope you carry on having success.

All the best.

Denise :)

Fasted yesterday on holiday - thank goodness that's over - can enjoy holiday food (sensibly) and fast again on the long drive back Saturday!

Well done. That was will power! Fasting when you're travelling sounds like a good idea, as long as you're not driving and don't get light-headed! :)

Enjoy the rest of your holiday and safe travels!

Hello, I'm a bit of a newbie to this diet but just wanted to say wow fasting on holiday, I'm not sure I could do this.
This is my 2nd fast day, the first I ate 3 meals but after reading book I'm trying to go as long as I can this morning, got a banana for mid morning to keep me going! Fingers crossed I make it through the day!

Hello, I'm a bit of a newbie to this diet but just wanted to say wow fasting on holiday, I'm not sure I could do this.
This is my 2nd fast day, the first I ate 3 meals but after reading book I'm trying to go as long as I can this morning, got a banana for mid morning to keep me going! Fingers crossed I make it through the day!

Hi Michelle, welcome to fasting! Hope you have a good day.

Well so far ok, had 2 cups of tea, have had a bad back and needed to take tablets but didn't want to on an empty stomach so had a cuppa soup 53 calories. So hoping that's ok. Planned chicken, half tin tomatoes green beans for tea. Fingers crossed

Back