5:2 Diet

Drunk Tinkerbell said:
Does everyone here limit the carbs they have on a fast day? Should the day be made up of low carb food? I just used 350 cals of my 500 daily on a bagel and a packet of wotsits!

You should aim for low GI foods really as they'll regulate your sugar and keep you fuller, I usually have stir fries, egg whites and mushrooms etc.

Btw don't suppose you're an ex handbagger?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi ladies

First WI and I have losted 4.5lbs - Thast a good start.

Tues and Wed were my "fast days" although I had 744cals Tues and 852 Wed. But I did Exercise Mon and Wed. I had no carbs as all Tues or Wed - and I have to say I wasnt hungry.

Next week will try to drop cals to 500 each day am now looking for stir frys that I can eat alot for a few cals...

Good luck

Kats

xx

I just bough fusion and street Mexican tomato soup it's really filling and only 124 cal for the whole tub so I'd totally recommend that for lunch x

They're great, although D is having an her adenoids out tomorrow and I'm worried sick :((
I can't remember your LOs name... Is it B??! I've got a feeling that was someone else!
First week on 5:2 and cannot believe there is any way I can lose weight!

Hi All 3rd weigh in on the 5:2, lost 2.5lbs this week. i'm shocked because even though fast days are HARD I never really believed that I would see this loss. I've always been a weight watcher and after the initial water loss in the first week I have only ever lost 0.5 - 1lbs a week because I have pcos. It's early days though so we will see. Good luck to all and here's to the weekend and 3 non fast days! x

Drunk Tinkerbell said:
They're great, although D is having an her adenoids out tomorrow and I'm worried sick :((
I can't remember your LOs name... Is it B??! I've got a feeling that was someone else!
First week on 5:2 and cannot believe there is any way I can lose weight!

Aww bless her, hope all goes well today.

Mine are A ( Jan/Feb 08 mummies) and K (3 now)

I only lost 0.5lb this week but have lost 6 in 5 weeks

grotbags1979 said:
Hi All 3rd weigh in on the 5:2, lost 2.5lbs this week. i'm shocked because even though fast days are HARD I never really believed that I would see this loss. I've always been a weight watcher and after the initial water loss in the first week I have only ever lost 0.5 - 1lbs a week because I have pcos. It's early days though so we will see. Good luck to all and here's to the weekend and 3 non fast days! x

Brilliant well done, I have PCOS too. Only 0.5lb this week but still had a loss every week since starting so doing better than SW

It's like swimming upstream losing weight with PCOS, I tried SW but found it was too strict as far as the syns system goes, much prefer 5:2. Well done on your continued loss!
Brilliant well done, I have PCOS too. Only 0.5lb this week but still had a loss every week since starting so doing better than SW

Well done on the loss. Any idea on how many calories u used on ur up days??

Hi Mitch I still track using Myfitnesspal, I use 500 on fast days Mon, Thur. 1500 Sun, Tues, Weds and around 2000 Fri and Saturday #winefactor I also do 30 day shred 5/6 times a week. You thinking of trying 5:2?

Hi Mitch I still track using Myfitnesspal, I use 500 on fast days Mon, Thur. 1500 Sun, Tues, Weds and around 2000 Fri and Saturday #winefactor I also do 30 day shred 5/6 times a week. You thinking of trying 5:2?

I'm doing it. I lost 1.4, 3.2 +1.4, 2.2, +2.2. I'm really scared to use alot of calories, so was wondering if I'm starving my body. Not read book though, so not sure of the rules. My average weekly calories are under 1100/day. Need to ip my calories I think. I don't exercise though. Need to get my arse in gear me thinks.

My losses so far have been
Sts
Sts

So 7.2 altogether in 5 weeks.
I'm happy as it has started my weight loss up again! It had stopped altogether! X

Hi All,

I was 10 stone 8 lbs last week and would love to be back in the 9 stone bracket. I was 11 stone 4 lbs about 14 months ago when I joined Slimming World. Lost weight for the first few weeks but really struggled with it as I lost weight very slowly. Lost a few pounds recently on calorie counting and this week is week one of the 5:2 diet. Think I've lost a bit of weight but tomorrow is my weigh in day. I'm hoping for good news!

Good luck Denise, let us know how you do.

Hi all,

Well I've not had a bad week, tomorrow night is my weigh in so will see what the scales do. My only concern is that up until Friday I'd been pretty good, had my two down days and hadn't been too bad on my up days. But over the weekend I was in hospital with my daughter and when you're sat there bored it's very easy to eat!! Muffins, crisps, chocolate, mcdonalds. You name it, I ate it!

If I lose weight tomorrow I'll fall in love with this diet!! I'm quite looking forward to my down day tomorrow now! I need a rest from eating!

Does anyone do three down days? I know that JUDDD says three down days doesn't it?

Back