5:2 Diet

Yeah the op went fine and we got home yesterday. Had to spend an extra day in hospital as she had a bit of trouble breathing on the first night but she's fine now. Thank you.

I weigh in with a friend on Monday night which is the end of my first fast day. It's not ideal as I would prefer to weigh in the morning after a fast day but we'll see how this works for us, we can always change it if it doesn't x

Well, I weighed-in this morning and I've lost a disappointing 0.6 lbs. I see others are weighing in after a down day - yesterday was an up day for me. Today is a dd - should I weight in after a dd? I was worried it would give me a 'false' loss. Not sure what to do but am disappointed with my small loss. I really felt as though I had lost more.

Any advice on when to weigh in would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Denise, definitely weigh in after a down day!! What you eat on an up day varies significantly whereas what you eat on a down day is the same (calorie wise anyway).
It isn't a false positive as that is your actual weight! And as long as you're consistent you'll see it going in the right direction x

Thanks Tinkerbell.

It's dd today so I'll weigh in tomorrow and see how it goes. Good point about the consistency after a dd. hopefully it will be more cheerful news tomorrow.

Yes, definitely weigh in after a fast day. As long as you weigh in on the same day every week (pref after a fast day) the figure will be reliable. I must admit I have weighed after fast days and after feast days and the weight can vary as much as 5lbs between them. But as long as you consistently weigh at the same time each week the figure should be reliabe.

Morning fellow 5:2-ers!

Well I weighed in after my 3rd dd and I've lost 2lbs! That's much better. I haven't seen that weight on the scale for quite a few years.

My 3rd dd wasn't too bad. I was hungry towards bed time but a low cal hot chocolate did the trick. It is worth it if I can keep losing weight though. 2 evenings out this week so will try not to go too mad and undo the progress so far.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Wooohoooo ! 3.2lbs off!!!! Really pleased as it took me about 6wks on SW to lose that!!! I know its probably all water but its still a boost , especially when i have felt like i have been naughty over the weekend!!

I've been eating around 1600 but sat and Sunday I'm sure I had more than 2000... I didn't track at all and ate blueberry muffins and crispy kreme donuts!! I do think you need to eat quite high on your up days for your body to be so shocked by a down day maybe?

I've been a bit AWOL the last week or so but it's been lovely to hear how well everyone has been doing. Good on you all :)

My fast days are Mon or Tues & Thursday but I'm a serial weigher I'm never off the things which for me isn't a good thing. I was feeling a bit flat with it all but then got on the scales saturday morning to see 10st 3lbs which I've not seen on the scales for quite a while so it kept me upbeat. Then I stupidly went on the scales last night (just after a curry for my brothers wedding anniversary meal) and I was 10st 9lbs which is the most I've been in the last 2 years. Needless to say I was fed up. I really need the will power to only get on the scales the morning after a fast day as I'm so easily put off.

Does anyone else serial weight themselves and also is anyone on long term medication such as steroids like myself which can put loads of weight on you.

sorry if this is a negative rant, I'm sure to be out of it soon !

Keep going everyone your updates are lovely to hear !

Deb Xx

Hi Manicdeb, I can fall into the trap of daily weigh ins, so this time I've took the batteries out of my scales and I only weigh in on a Friday. I'm sticking to that so far but it's difficult. You have to remember that anything in between weekly weighins is either a false positive or negative and it will throw you off track. Well done everyone on your losses, great news, this diet does seem to work doesn't it? I'm trying something new this week. I fast on Mondays and Thursdays but on the tues and weds im sticking to 1000 cals. This is because I know I need to compensate for what I eat Friday and Saturday....oh erm and what I drink ;-)

Back