5:2 Diet

Thanks for your posts ladies - it's good to know I'm not alone :)

Why do we ever think it could be a good thing to get on those scales so often?

I'm gonna shove my scales in the cupboard when I get home and ONLY weight myself on a morning after a fast day !

Hi Deb,

I have weighed myself too much in the past but found myself really depressed when it was bad news and I ate to cheer myself up (of course when it was good news I'd eat treats because I thought I deserved it!). A very slippery slope. I've resisted weighing myself so often recently which helps keep me on a more even keel - though still up and down in my motivation but not quite so extreme. I have to tell myself that I'm bound to weigh differently on different of the week (and month of course!).

I stick to 500 cals on dd, even when I exercise. On an up day I try to stick to 1700 which is about right for my weight and height. I did go over this on Saturday though and drank a bit too much wine.

Personally I think this diet might be good for me because I don't have to deprive myself on up days, though I do try to be reasonable and not undo the work of the dds.

When my motivation is low I try to remember that my weight has been creeping up over a good number of years and it won't be lost in just a few weeks. I started my weight loss journey over a year ago and though I haven't lost a huge amount in that time I think it will actually stay off this time because it's been slow. I've changed the way I cook and I've changed my attitude to food too (can't say I'm perfect in this way but I do know I'm better now than I was). It may take the next year to get to a health weight but I'm going to keep at it.

Good luck Deb, try to remember slow can be better and give yourself credit for what you've achieved so far.

All the best.

Denise :)

Wow. I have seriously been under eating on my up days. I think I was doing about 1200- 1300. On average my daily cals were just over 1000. This week am eating more. 2200 cals on sat, 2000 on sun, 1500 mon, tues, 500 wed and fri and 1200 on thurs. I hope I get a good result this week. If not I'm gonna cry myself slim.

I'm still a serial weigher!! I know I shouldn't but I'm fine with it! I do only count Friday' result tho and my weight does change dramatically from one day to the next. For example, on fri I was chuffed to be 10st3.8 and on Monday morning I was 10st7.6!! That was after 3 up days though and pre totm!! Still have my fingers crossed for fri!

As far as my cals go, I'm having between 400 and 500 on dd and between 1500 and 1950 on up days!! Weekends sometimes higher but the flexibility is the reason I love 5:2!! My average over the week is between 1300 - 1500 cals a day.

I'd love to be under 10stone by the 31st march because I have a 5 mile road race to do and it will give me a boost I think! Not sure ill do it as only 2 wi to go and 4lb to lose! I can only try!!

Hi all, I'm on a fasting day and OH has arranged to go to chippy for tea.
Does anyone know how many cals would be in haddock with batter removed and some mushy peas?

Just looked on MFP and a haddock in batter from the chip shop is 278 cal per 100 gr. Also found....UK chippy small haddock without batter 1 small fillet 190 cal. Chip shop mushy peas 49 cal for 100gr.

:) x

I've only had 70cals so far today, so you think I'd be Ok to have fish with no batter and peas then and still be in my 500cal allowance?
It's my first week doing 5:2 and want to see a good loss.
Thanks for your help!

Hi everyone this week is my first go at 5:2 hoping ut will kick start my losses! First "fast" day today :) was quite hard this morning as I decided to eat as late as possible, felt hungry and headachy for a while but seemed to pass now! Really hoping I can get good losses and stick to this. Plan on loosely following slimming world on the "feast" days! Hope everyone is having a good day x

Hi timtim,

Welcome to 5:2. I'm on my 4th fast day today so a novice myself. I have found it easier today though than my first fast day. I drink plenty of liquids (non-caffeine) which I think helps with headaches. I've not had much trouble with this though.

Good luck with today. If you feel yourself weakening just remember you can eat more tomorrow!

All the best,

Denise

Hi timtim,

Welcome to 5:2. I'm on my 4th fast day today so a novice myself. I have found it easier today though than my first fast day. I drink plenty of liquids (non-caffeine) which I think helps with headaches. I've not had much trouble with this though.

Good luck with today. If you feel yourself weakening just remember you can eat more tomorrow!

All the best,

Denise

Thank you so today hasn't been too bad really got some sugar free jelly planned later which takes my total calories to 512 slightly over but I can live with that! Going to track my calories tom on my "feast" day just to make sure I'm not going too mad! Xx

Were you losing eating that little?

It's hard to say. I've been on it for about 4 weeks. First two I lost. Ate more calories then. Then I put on, lost and put on. I think the calories have got less. Even if it was by 50 a day on average. Felt really restricted though. Have increased this week so we shall see. Mid week weigh in shows a gain, but I have not fasted yet. So fingers crossed.

Oh my god guys I need help I'm starving like ridiculously hungry on a fast day today and stupidly ate a half packet of grapes at a whopping 180 calories its only 2.20 and I'm starving need food desperately

Oh my god guys I need help I'm starving like ridiculously hungry on a fast day today and stupidly ate a half packet of grapes at a whopping 180 calories its only 2.20 and I'm starving need food desperately

What about a cuppa soup. The chicken and leek is only 50 calories.

Hi Ladies, just checking in, another 1lb down this morning, was quite happy with that as I went over on the weekend so I knew I wasn't going to see anything major! Really struggled with the fast yesterday, but I tried the Fettucine Slim with Bolognese sauce which was nice. Hopefully when it's warmer the fasting will be easier. Quiet weekend so not to cock up next weeks weigh in now! Hope everyone is well x

Hi everyone! I started the 5:2 this week after doing Slimming World for over a year. I love that plan but towards the end, I was going over syns slightly and as such, the scales weren't my friend. First week doing IF and I lost 4lb...yay! :D Found it a lot easier than I thought..I still have 3 meals a day and haven't been getting really hungry until bed time, so I just go to sleep instead lol xx

Well done on the weight losses everyone. This seems to be a great diet so far. I hope we can all keep it up.

Best wishes,

Denise :)

Back