5:2 Diet

I love the Hartley jellies they are amazing, I was eating them before I started lipotrim. They are on special offer at Tesco, 6 for 2pounds. These are a must have when dieting. The little pots are around 5kcals per pot and the larger ones are around 10kcals per pot. My mum has been eating these along with cup a soups and one normal meal a day and has lost over half a stone in two weeks. My favourites were the large pots of cranberry and raspberry, and blackcurrent and blueberry.

ooo jelly pots! Had forgotten about those, used to have them when I started SW :D Those of you who have been doing 5:2 longer, what are the things you rely on for low cal foods? For lunch times at work I've been having sushi packs or tesco chilli chicken noodle salad which is about 190 cal and really nice! x

I've been making a plain salad which come out around 70cals or having a slim a soup at around 50cals and a bigger main meal.

Blimey I am struggling today!!!! Maybe because I'm due on imminently. Does anyone else struggle more when due on? This is also the first week I've done three down days so maybe that could be causing me a problem too?

xJoanneJJx said:
ooo jelly pots! Had forgotten about those, used to have them when I started SW :D Those of you who have been doing 5:2 longer, what are the things you rely on for low cal foods? For lunch times at work I've been having sushi packs or tesco chilli chicken noodle salad which is about 190 cal and really nice! x

I usually don't bother with lunch, but when I have I've had...
Gloriously skinny BNS soup (1/2 tub is just over 100 cals)
Egg white omelettes (less than 100 cals)
Half tin of mixed bean chilli (190 cals)
Slim noodles/pasta with veg etc
2 ryvita with laughing cow or similar (100 cals ish)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hells2012sw said:
I usually don't bother with lunch, but when I have I've had...
Gloriously skinny BNS soup (1/2 tub is just over 100 cals)
Egg white omelettes (less than 100 cals)
Half tin of mixed bean chilli (190 cals)
Slim noodles/pasta with veg etc
2 ryvita with laughing cow or similar (100 cals ish)

Oh and for dinners- quorn, prawns, stir fries, veg curries, slim rice/pasta etc, this was less than 100 cals on thurs, slim pasta, 100g mushrooms, fry light, laughing cow light blue, it was yum

Attachments

• image-193860660.jpg
    image-193860660.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 120
Well on average it was 1300 a day. Which is 250 more a day than week before and I put in then. This week could've been more as there were a few things I did not track. I don't know what to do. Struggled with both slimming world and weight watchers.

mitch2044 said:
Well on average it was 1300 a day. Which is 250 more a day than week before and I put in then. This week could've been more as there were a few things I did not track. I don't know what to do. Struggled with both slimming world and weight watchers.

Could it be you were eating too little and therefore like when people come off a VLCD their body takes time to adjust? I eat on average about 1200- 1300 per day, but will have some days at 1800 or so and others lower...

Could it be you were eating too little and therefore like when people come off a VLCD their body takes time to adjust? I eat on average about 1200- 1300 per day, but will have some days at 1800 or so and others lower...

I don't know what to think anymore. Just so frustrating as I can see it works for other people. My aim this week is to have 9100 cals which would equate to 1300/day. The cals that I don't eat on my fast days would be used up on the weekend. Sobi think that might work. So ill have 2000 today, and abit more than 1300 on the others.

Hi,

Sounds like a good plan to try to eat more. I think the diet is supposed to work in part because of the contrast between fast days and normal days. It you eat too little on a normal day your body will wonder what's going on and might decide to keep hold of fat just in case the calories keep low.

Also maybe doing a bit more exercise might help, depending on how much you do at the moment.

I hope you get it sorted soon, I know it can make you really miserable when it feels you are trying hard but not making progress (that's why is got fed p of SW in the end).

All the best.

Denise :)

Hi,

Sounds like a good plan to try to eat more. I think the diet is supposed to work in part because of the contrast between fast days and normal days. It you eat too little on a normal day your body will wonder what's going on and might decide to keep hold of fat just in case the calories keep low.

Also maybe doing a bit more exercise might help, depending on how much you do at the moment.

I hope you get it sorted soon, I know it can make you really miserable when it feels you are trying hard but not making progress (that's why is got fed p of SW in the end).

All the best.

Denise :)

Starting exercise to tomorrow. Kinda put off exercising though cus last year I went to gym 3/4 times a week. Lost nothing. Not even inches. So exercise is not my friend either. I gotta be something wrong. Just gotta figure it out.

mitch2044 said:
Starting exercise to tomorrow. Kinda put off exercising though cus last year I went to gym 3/4 times a week. Lost nothing. Not even inches. So exercise is not my friend either. I gotta be something wrong. Just gotta figure it out.

What do you do at the gym? For a long time I went and ran/rowed/biked etc and didn't make much difference. Then I had a personal training session which showed me how to really utilise weights etc, I now do more strength stuff and do kettlebells classes twice a week and that's made a big difference to my shape/toning etc and also my fitness levels

Strength training raises your metabolism and helps burn fat ;) especially if you do a small amount of cardio with it!

What do you do at the gym? For a long time I went and ran/rowed/biked etc and didn't make much difference. Then I had a personal training session which showed me how to really utilise weights etc, I now do more strength stuff and do kettlebells classes twice a week and that's made a big difference to my shape/toning etc and also my fitness levels

Strength training and cardio is what I was doing. Going to start the David haye exercise DVD tomorrow. Will c how that goes.

Running tends to work ok for me. It burns the calories and helps with my shape. I don't do weights at all, maybe I should try to build a bit of muscle?

Back