52 Weeks of Change

littlereddress

So... where to start?!

Obligatory 'Me' Bit
I'm littlereddress, or less anonymously I'm Rhiannon! 28 years old, living in London, morbidly obese, and unhappy about it.

My long suffering partner finally asked me the question I should have asked myself years ago; why are you moaning about being something you can change?

He is, apparently, 100% happy with how I look and does prefer the *ahem* larger lady, but I'm unhappy, my doctor is unhappy, and we want to start a family over the next few years.

Lots of changes need to be made, and it's going to be a long, slow, uphill struggle as I struggle with disordered eating patterns. But every step forward is a step further than I've made before, something I'll have to keep telling myself!

I want focus on being able to not eat an entire tub of ice cream followed by an entire 24 pack of crisps (I'm perfectly aware that I am a stereotypical example of why people get fat ;) ).If I get to the point of being able to make my partner food, and recognising a manual labourer requires/can consume far larger portions than an office worker, I'll be well chuffed.

Because of my past fixation on numbers (leading to rapid yo-yo'ing!) I'm trying to weigh myself once a month, rather than every week. I will however be taking a weekly photo of myself in my favourite work dress, in the hope that I'll have a nice photo log of the physical changes made in 52 weeks of lifestyle adjustments.

That said I'm starting at 16 stone (on the dot). My doctor would like me to get down to between 11-9 stone, so it may take longer than a year ;)

Why MiniMins
Because it's full of brilliant threads that I've been lurking in for far too long, before my partner actually questioned why I was living miserably instead of making changes. Because of my work hours it's really hard for me to get to a support group in my local area (all targeted at mums/part time workers just after/before the school run), so I'm hoping (all my fingers and toes crossed!) that the supportive atmosphere of MiniMins, combined with my partner and family, will help push me along when things get difficult!

Thanks for reading the wall of text lovelies!

Rhiannon

Hi Rhiannon and welcome!

My partner also likes larger ladies which is great, BUT, it meant there seemed no reason for me to diet! He likes huge portions and I found my portions getting bigger. However there came a point where I realised that for the sake of my health, that I needed to do something. I lost some weight last year but stopped at Christmas and am now trying (not very successfully) to get going again - but I will do it.

As you want to start a family you have a fantastic reason to keep focused while you lose weight.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support on here - good luck :)

Hi Rhiannon
Welcome :)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!

Hi Rhiannon. Welcome.
I have found it helps me stay on track more if I do different things for myself and my partner (will make things he likes and I don't for his meals) that way I'm not tempted to cheat.
Good luck hun, you can do it

That's a fabulous idea. He loves mushrooms, if I start making mushroom filled meals for him I'm more likely to eat less/eat a smaller, completely different meal. He'll moan a little bit, but I'm sure once he realises I'm actively making his favourites over generic liked meals he'll get over it :).

Hi Rhiannon and welcome!

My partner also likes larger ladies which is great, BUT, it meant there seemed no reason for me to diet! He likes huge portions and I found my portions getting bigger. However there came a point where I realised that for the sake of my health, that I needed to do something. I lost some weight last year but stopped at Christmas and am now trying (not very successfully) to get going again - but I will do it.

As you want to start a family you have a fantastic reason to keep focused while you lose weight.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support on here - good luck :)

It is difficult isn't it, you just get used to larger and larger portions until one day a friend innocently comments your plate could feed 2 adults and a child.... maybe not that extreme, but getting there.

Congratulations on your initial loss, Christmas seems to be a sticking point for lots of people. I love your positive attitude :)

Hi Rhiannon
Welcome :)

Back