7 stone down, pics and stuff

procrastination

Hello,

I have been a member of these forums for over a year now and to begin with I would like to thank you all for the support that I have found within them during my time here. I have never been somebody to post articles about struggles or even keep a diary; instead I kept my head down and tried to send some positive comments in other threads in order to keep others spirits up during the hard times.

Anyway, I am going to post some pictures up of my loss so far. I started off at 24 stone and I was in a deeply depressive stage of my life. A little bit of back history for me is that I have always been overweight and the first time I remember somebody commenting on it was in Primary school when a parent mentioned how my bum wiggled when I walked, I must have been about five at the time. Although I was overweight, I was never vindicated because of it and was popular in school, had plenty of “success” with women and my weight just seemed to be who I was. I think the problem that I had was towards the end, when I was getting bigger, I just wouldn’t see the issue. I would look down the mirror at an angle and think yeah, I’m still thin… when I wasn’t.

Here are a couple of pictures of me at my “worst” anyway…

2r5grvk.jpg

2valhtz.jpg

It’s horrible to look at those pictures but it is nice that I’m in a better place now and I can look back at what was instead of what still is. One thing I do want to say is that it frustrates me when using these forums that there are copious amounts of people that start new with great intent and they are never to be seen again after a few days or the people that are on their tenth restart. All that I want to say to those people is that if I can do it then you certainly can. You all deserve to be happy and you are denying yourself that because of your relationship with food. Yes, I understand that everybody is difficult but I have had a traumatic time since I was 14 years old and my parents split up, my mum is a recovering alcoholic and my future was compromised because of the situation at the time but I realised that they were my issues and the reasons why I turned to food at the time. All I’m saying is that you don’t need to stop eating food, you just need to realise why you ate so much in the first place. YOU CAN DO IT, no excuses, just do it.

This is a picture of me today, sitting at just under 17 stone. I am aware I’m not super thin and I’m not going to pretend to be but I think the difference is show quite well between the pictures (I personally didn’t really notice any difference until this was taken this morning)

aw7y4j.jpg

Anyway, sorry for my rant but we all deserve to be happy. I want to see more happiness here. I still have a month or two to go on this journey but I hope you are all with me on this when I say we should all just buck our ideas up and realise anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

Hope this has been some sort of inspiration anyway.

WOW that's amazing!!!! You look fantastic and should be so proud!!!! Well done x

Thats a really positive thread. You've done great! A really inspiration. Like yourself, its been so much easier day to day when you have the forum. The 1st week of exante this week has been easier emotionally than LL with meetings even, just by encouraging others i have felt spurred on throughout the last week. Only two months to go. Thats fantastic!

wow! wow! you look great there well done and you are an inspiration for everyone who is struggling. After this thread i bet evrone will thrive to be 100%. well done great loss.

Firstly massive well done with the losses so far, theres a huge difference with the pics.

Secondly you're right everybody deserves to be happy - they just have to want it enough to reach it.

thanks for your comments, i posted the pic on facebook and like 90,000 bajillion likes so my confidence is pretty peaky right now.

if anybody wants help with the trials and tribulations of total solution then feel free to ask for my addy on skype and i'll be happy to talk to you through the hard times.

Wow you look amazing!!! Well done, not surprised you didn't have any trouble getting the girls...you are a handsome lad :)

aha! thank you, although i've got my best gormy face on in the new pic tbf!

You look absolutely amazing, well done! You should be so, so proud of what you have achieved! xx

Back