7 up cake?

nannis

Silver Member
Im not sure where ive seen this but has anyone made a low syn cake using 7 up? Or coke for that matter.... Both diet versions of drinks

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i would be intruiged to find out! xxx

Im going to go have a search, im thinking it may have been a ww thing?

ahh its confusing! prob better to stick to sw cakes we know! :) xx

7-up Cake Recipes
Ok theres recipes on that site but wonder if anyone clever could make it sw friendly??!!

Ok here is my best shott at it lol.
So your looking at roughly about 35 syns, more if you use cant believe not butter light. But if the cake serves 10 its only 3 1/2 syns each so not so bad
Maybe you cold top the cake with some quark, sweetner and some of the 7up :D

Cake batter
1/2 cup butter = About 10 syns if u use flora extra light, more if u use i cant believe its butter lighter.
1 cup sugar =Use splenda.
2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour = About 20/24 syns
2 12 teaspoons baking powder = 2 1/2 syns
1/2 teaspoon salt = Free
1 7-ounce bottle 7-Up = Use diet 7up
3 egg whites = Free
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder and alt together and stir in alternately with 7-Up. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites. Pour batter over sauce in baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, 45 minutes. Invert and serve up-side down."

Cool, ty... Might give this a try at the weekend, apparently the 7 up makes the cake nice and moist.. Just a shame flour is so many points!
Was even thinking might use the cupcake mixes on here and see what happens if you add some 7 up.... Heston Bloomenthial ( lol sp) here I come :)

erm i thought flora extra light couldnt be used in baking? i was going to use it before but it said not suitable for baking? :( xxx

erm i thought flora extra light couldnt be used in baking? i was going to use it before but it said not suitable for baking? :( xxx

Ive used in cakes before hun and not had a problem with it. You could always use a different one but you would need to use more syns x

oh if uve used it and its ok i cant see a problem :) im over sensitive to things like that e.g never using things past their best before! xxx

Back