70 syns

Heaven

if you save your 70 syns what do you spend them on?

9 double Bailey's. No lie. I'd have my blood replaced with the stuff if I could!

I thought that you could not save up your syns...

You're only really meant to for special occiasions as it doesn't promote consistent eating habits.

Btw I read the original question as 'What would you do?' not 'What do you do?' as a theoretical question. I don't really OD on Bailey's each week. But if I could....

No you are not allowed to save them for any occassion. If you find that you have a special occassion you are meant to use flexi syns.

No you are not allowed to save them for any occassion. If you find that you have a special occassion you are meant to use flexi syns.

How is that different to flexi-syns?

Me personally think that saving syns is a better way to go for a "special occassion" rather than "flexi syns". I dont understand the reasoning behind it. I am just repeating what my consultant has told me.
I asked my consultant "surely it must be better to have less syns during the week and saving some up for a blow out, then having all your syns then more for a blow out." She couldnt argue with me there but she just said that it isnt what SW promotes.

x

I save mine every week cos thats what my old consultant told me to do as I tend to binge on the weekend.Until flexi thhey used to tell you that if you went over one day to cut back for the rest of the week to claw it back. Its fairly new flexi syns but the old method suits me better. I have a takeaway and choc every weekend and if anything over I use it on treats. It stops me breaking the diet and becaude I have something to look forward to it helps me through the week.Some consultants do still advise people to do it if they think it suits people better.

I like a drink at the weekend so I'm quite happy to just have up to five a day during the week and a bottle of wine (24syns) and a few treats at the weekend.
I def think counting through the week is the best suited for me

HUGE Indian meal.. the works and a few drinks ..mmmm popadoms, nann, chutyney currrrrryyyyyyyyyyy :)

a massive huge bowl of cruncy nut clusters with chocolate bit and the ones with carmel and nuts in them and milk mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I dont save ine up but i use them weekly.

So one day i might use 5 the next day i might use 20, i have them there if i need them!

I dont save ine up but i use them weekly.

So one day i might use 5 the next day i might use 20, i have them there if i need them!

ditto, plus i was told you have 15 per day so thats 105 a week:confused:

i do 105 at the start of the week and work my way down, rather than a set amount per day:)

I think the idea behind not saving your syns is for 2 reasons;

1 - you may not be eating enough calories per day and so your body goes into starvation

2 - you may over indulge when you finally let yourself have your syn day

Saying that personally i think that as long as you have 5 syns a day then there is no harm in it, i think they are recommending that people not go cold turkey lol

I would spend mine on full fat mayonnaise, fish and chip shop chips, an indian, a jug of sangria or another yummy cocktail and i would have a huge gain at class cuz thats well over 70 haha!!

xx

i just joined SW this week and the SWC told me i can save them if we wanted.

I would spend mine on full fat mayonnaise, fish and chip shop chips, an indian, a jug of sangria or another yummy cocktail and i would have a huge gain at class cuz thats well over 70 haha!!

xx

I am really fancying mayo and chip shop chips now, thanks for that !!!:D

Back