790 Plan - Low Calorie Drinks

I have decided to start on the 790 plan and ease myself into SS. I know that on SS you are not allowed to drink diet drinks like diet coke but I was wondering if you could on the 790 plan?

I know it is best to avoid, but maybe one can on a saturday night might help me not miss the wine :eek:

SPF
x

Hiya

On 790 you are still in ketosis and hence diet drinks should be avoided.

M.

Have you tried the Cambridge water flavourings? They do a berry, orange and a hot vegetable.

The Berry one is lovely and is very much like Robinsons Summer Fruits

M.

I'M NOT CONDONING THIS OR SAYING ANYONE SHOULD DO THE SAME BUT...

I've been on SS for 15 days now and all my water has either been with no sugar vimto, no sugar robinsons cordial or diet coke/diet coke with cherry and i've been in ketosis all the time (well 1st checked on day 5 expecting not to be but was presently surprised!). :cool:

DONT FOLLOW MY EXAMPLE THOUGH EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!! :eek:

I am just drinking some now :p it's lovely hot! reminds me of Ribena for some reason! I have the orange one at home ready to try so hopefully will ike that too. not keen on plain water and I am a fizzy drink addict.

I used to drink 7 litres a day when on sole source (I still drink 4 litres now I am finished) and used the Summer Berry after the first week the whole way through as I hate plain old boring water.

The orange one is very citrussey and reminded me of Lemsip and was nicer hot (especially in the winter).

The newer Vegetable one is lovely although not very popular.

M.

Dear All,

As this is a popular question please see the below.....

I would say no to diet drinks as many are not calorie free. Our Cambridge drink mixes are based on Malic Acid which allows you to remain in ketosis whilst drinking them on the diet, but only one teaspoon a day!

Diet coke also contains citric acid and research has shown that citric acid can prevent the body utilsing it’s carbohydrate stores and cause fluid retention.

However, once established on sole source and in ketosis, you could maybe have no more than 1 glass of diet drink per day as a one off treat if absolutely needed.

I hope this helps.
Cheers, Kerensa

Dear All,

As this is a popular question please see the below.....

I would say no to diet drinks as many are not calorie free. Our Cambridge drink mixes are based on Malic Acid which allows you to remain in ketosis whilst drinking them on the diet, but only one teaspoon a day!

Diet coke also contains citric acid and research has shown that citric acid can prevent the body utilsing it’s carbohydrate stores and cause fluid retention.

However, once established on sole source and in ketosis, you could maybe have no more than 1 glass of diet drink per day as a one off treat if absolutely needed.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Kerensa

Thanks Kerensa, I must just be lucky with it!

I'M NOT CONDONING THIS OR SAYING ANYONE SHOULD DO THE SAME BUT...

I've been on SS for 15 days now and all my water has either been with no sugar vimto, no sugar robinsons cordial or diet coke/diet coke with cherry and i've been in ketosis all the time (well 1st checked on day 5 expecting not to be but was presently surprised!). :cool:

DONT FOLLOW MY EXAMPLE THOUGH EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!! :eek:

Just wondering Snail, how can you actually know you are in ketosis???

Thanks!

Anna

You can but some "wee sticks" called Ketostix from your counsellor or from a chemist and then wee on them!

If they change colour to pink/purple then you are in ketosis and if they stay brown then you aren't.

Saying that some people can be in ketosis and not show on a stick but the majority do.

M.

P.S. Around £6 for 50 of the sticks.

and the manky metallic ketone taste in your mouth lol

p.s. i also have sugar free chewing gum, i am a naughty snail. :p

NAUGHTY SNAIL!!! ha ha ha ! whatever works for you!

When you say you drink diet coke, how much are you talking a day. I was thinking of allowing myself one a day for the first week, then one every other day next week and so forth until I am off the stuff?? currently have around 4/5 small bottles a day :eek:

It depends on how often i can get me hands on some lol, ive had a 500ml bottle so far today though.

but i drink 3-4 litres a days and its all with sugar free cordial. also drink 2litres of perfectly clear red apple flavour (no citric acid in it) when im on a shift.

i wasnt expecting to be in ketosis drinking this stuff (cos wasnt particularly bothered! lol) so you just have to decide if you want to risk it or not by having some, everyones different, im sure some people could just sniff diet coke and it would take them out of ketosis.

If you like fizzy drinks why not make the flavers with fizzy watermmmmm yummyyyy nice.I have a litr or more a day of fizzy berry.
Love Libbie x

Back