790 what can I have

kittenSW7

kittenSW7
I've only got a stone or so to lose - and at the moment I am SS. I am fine during the day, it is the evenings which are hard.

If I decide to go on 790, what I am allowed? I have read chicken breast/fish (can this be tuna or salmon steaks?) and salad. Is cucumber and tomato allowed. Or if its veg, can I have any veg apart from potatoes and sweetcorn.

Any help would be great

Eva
xx

Hi Eva

As taken from the cambridge-diet.co.uk site. Here is the 790 program.

Nutsx

Step 2
790 kcal This weight loss programme combines nutritionally assured formula food with a healthy meal every day. It is ideal, for instance, for those who are unable to use 'Sole Source' for medical reasons. It is suitable for: those above BMI 25, or those below BMI 25 who may need a limited weight loss within a specific time scale (eg for a holiday or social event).
  • 3 Cambridge meals
  • 6oz (150g) portion of poultry meat (without skin or fat)
  • 8oz (250g) portion of white fish
  • 8oz (250g) quorn or tofu
  • 8oz (250g) skimmed milk cottage cheese
  • 3tbsp 'white or green' vegetables (cooked or raw) such as above
  • 0.5 pint (235ml) skimmed milk
Continue to drink at least 4pt (2.25ltr) of water per day, and as much unsweetened black tea or black coffee as you want.

Just to point out you can't have ALL this you choose a protein option - just in case!!

So either fish/chicken/quorn or c/cheese, then your vegs' and milk

I feel fab and im on day 5 of it, tried getting back on SS to no avail.

Nuts

Hi Eva im also on day 5 of 790 plan and it really is a great :D i didn't even consider it before as i was so focused on Soul Source, but it's like having your cake and eating it we still take the packs but also get to eat and the weightloss is very simialr to SS, so i would say to you or anyone else thinking of doing it to defenatly give it a try, i can't praise it enough.

Hi Kitten,thats great when are you planning on starting?

FAO Tracie

Well I thought I would start today, the weekend is always the hardest and knowing that I have an alternative in the evening is wonderful.

Can I have salad do you know and green salady stuff like spring onions, cucumber, green peppers?

Hi,

If you are less than 1stone over BMI 25 you should not be using a VLCD - 790 is still a VLCD.

At your weight assuming you only have a stone left you should be following the 1000 calorie plan.

As you are moving from SS you will need to do AAM for a couple of days, 790 for a few days then move onto 1000 cals.

On 790 you cannot have peppers or onions, there is more flexibility on the 1000 cal plan.

Has your counsellor given you a copy of the Weightcare with Cambridge booklet? You should discuss your options with your counsellor.

If you want to read through the 1000 plan and do not have the booklet yet email me and I will send you a scan.

Linda
[email protected]

Back