7lbs off but losing £s too

Hi - I'm with Kimmie and Katie on this one - I am just over £70 pounds per fortnight (if I don't get the drink flavouring) and saving money on takeaways and wine - to say nothing of eating out. We would normally have one lunch and one dinner out over the weekend, so I am quids in.

Great

CD is an absolute bargain, its far less than what i would pay for food normally in the week and the money spent getting sloshed on fridays and saturdays. My lifestyle allows me to work 3 days a week and still have a very comfortable pay-packet at the end of every month so i have saved quite a lot just in the last 2 and a half weeks..and its all thanks to CD!

Deepak

x

But as for biting my tongue, I don't think I can tell dh. I just keep it quietly hidden in my overdraft.

Why? The CD is just part of your overall food budget; I bet you've spent £120 on him for three weeks of food, beer etc., so what's the difference?

I can definitely attest to spending at least £5/day in work on lunches, plus all my treats and binges at Tescos. :eek::eek::eek:

So for me its going to be £35/week well spent.....and I'm only going to Tescos now with a specific shopping list for DS's school lunches and fresh foods. There is still plenty in the freezer for DH/DS's dinners and thankfully hubbie is doing the cooking this week to help me through. :)

I go to my CDC weekly so the £35 doesn't seem as bad as a month's supply of £140!! :eek:

Am I the only one who isn't saving money doing CD?! Not that I'm knocking CD at all, I'm not, it's well worth it! Maybe it's just being a student.

Last edited:
Back