7stone to lose!!!

wendy59

Hi, I have a lot of weight to lose and am going to a ww meeting on Monday. I wan't to follow the pro points plan, going food shopping later and wondered if anyone had some good tips for stuff to buy. I know I need fruit, veg and low-fat spreads but are there any good low pp things I should have in my cupboard...

Butternut squash to have instead of roast potatoes and chips. Weight watchers dessert yogurts are lovely, low fat cheese always helps keep points low. I use quorn mince rather than beef mince in things like spag bol. I'm having a stir fry, just noodles, veg and a sauce for 12 points for my lunch today, tesco do the three for £2:50 and I get two meals out of it for myself and it's really nice and filling! Good luck :)

Thanks Jem, love butternut squash so will get a couple, have never tried quorn mince, will give it a go and the stirfry (what sauce do you use?) sounds brill idea thank you. Good luck to you too :)

Its just a stir fry sauce that's in the fresh food section, Chinese stir fry sauce. Butternut squash is great for saving points! Real life saver for me! The quorn mince is ok not the same as having real mince but I prefer to make sacrifices on flavour to get more food lol :)
I also try and have 'free soup' a couple of times a week- butternut squash with red peppers is nice or just throw a load of your favourite veg in a pot of stock then blend to a consistency you like! I usually have this for lunch if I'm having a takeaway or something naughty in the evening! It's really filling :)

Hi Wendy
Just wanted to say good luck for Monday. As for shopping, I agree with the other ladies, butternut squash is great, I use it for soups I add cumin to mine and roast the squash and also in roasted veg, with peppers, mushrooms, garlic and some baby new potatoes

I also like Laughing Cow ex light triangles on my toast with chicken bovril, some people find it gross but its a low points value topping for the toast.

Anways good luck, I will have my fingers crossed that it goes well for you

Thanks everyone....got some items in yesterday, all of the ones you have mentioned also some Batchelors slim a soup, chicken noodle and vegetable...does anyone know how many pp's are in a serving please?
Am looking forward to the ww meeting on Monday eve...is there a food directory you can buy that will tell me the pp on a large selection of food? I know years ago when I did ww I bought one, but as the point value for foods have changed it would be no good to me now. Am thinking of starting a food diary as well on Tuesday, would really appreciate some feed back, I am still finding my way around the site, so hopefully will see you all on here. Thanks again, have a great Sunday :)

The Quorn meatballs are lovely and only 4pp for 1/2 bag (about 8 meatballs!!!!!)
I make a zero point arraibatta sauce then serve with Wholewheat Spaghetti and it's delish and a huge platefull!!

options hot choc drinks if you cant survive without some kinda choc hit. Some ww snacks like the crisps/corn snacks, biccies etc. Its easier to have a low pp treat to keep you on track than to blow it all on a high point snack ;)
fresh veg to make soups. V handy to keep a pot of soup in the fridge thats 0 or low pp.
A couple of ww ready meals for crazy days.
I always keep in new potatoes as its much easier to portion it out before cooking them.
Hellmanns extra light mayo (0pp for up to 4 teaspoons after that count - according to iphone app). makes a good alternative to margarine on some sandwiches.
One of my fav meals is a chicken breast, with a ww cheese slice over it, wrapped in a rasher of bacon with the fat cut off. So i keep all of those things in too.

I saw a ww recipe bout a year ago that instead of using bacon to wrap around the chicken you use a slice of ham. Seems easier cause I hate cutting off the fat :( feels gross. I usually cook and then cut off! I George Forman everything yum :) might try this. I'm from Ireland and where im from we only got the ww cheeses, pizzas and sausages recently :( so used to be harder and like gross really hard low fat cheese! Haha. But sounds yum.

My diet must have is snack size choc bars (dairy milk2pp) and zero point jam. It's yummy and gets me through mornings. I couldn't give a point to jam, but my brekkie would be dry without it. I'd say itd be nice in porridge if that's what ya have :)

Thanks everyone....got some items in yesterday, all of the ones you have mentioned also some Batchelors slim a soup, chicken noodle and vegetable...does anyone know how many pp's are in a serving please?
Am looking forward to the ww meeting on Monday eve...is there a food directory you can buy that will tell me the pp on a large selection of food? I know years ago when I did ww I bought one, but as the point value for foods have changed it would be no good to me now. Am thinking of starting a food diary as well on Tuesday, would really appreciate some feed back, I am still finding my way around the site, so hopefully will see you all on here. Thanks again, have a great Sunday :)

chicken noodle and veg is 2PPs there isn't a vegetable listed in the WW 'Shop' book but they are all 2 except for Cajun Spicy Veg which is only 1 pp. You can buy the WW Shop and the WW Eat Out books in a pack called essentials, from your leader. My daughter got her's a little while ago with vouchers from the Daily Mail, so I'm not sure how much it costs

Anita

Last edited:
we love the WW Beef and Veg Hotpot and if you add extra vegetable it makes a very satisfying meal. We also use Quorn instead of minced beef, but unfortunately we have discovered by daughter can't tolerate Quorn - it gives her stomach cramps, so I usually have it when she's not here. I always have chicken breast meat (I buy mine in Aldi) in the house for my sandwiches to take to work, I have 2 slices of med. wholemeal bread (4 pps)spread with very low fat mayo and a slice of the chicken breast meat(1pp). Make sure you have plenty of fruit in too and WW yogurts and fromage frais.

Back