810 Question

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
I have just looked through the little yellow book and discovered I am meant to be drinking lots of skimmed milk. I don't really do milk - is there an alternative? Like yogurt or something? If so how much do I have?

i just started this plan today and i drink black tea and coffee anyway so thought i would just be leaving the milk out, can u give me any tips for this plan, i dont like fish or cottage cheese so be chicken and turkey all the way, do u actually get much say chicken for 175gr, how long u been doing 810 and is weight loss good, thanks

Only started 810 on wednesday - sorry! I pretty much live on chicken and turkey, but have quorn and tofu as well for variety :)

I have just looked through the little yellow book and discovered I am meant to be drinking lots of skimmed milk. I don't really do milk - is there an alternative? Like yogurt or something? If so how much do I have?

250g pot of low fat plain yogurt, or cottage cheese can be substituted instead of milk.

i just started this plan today and i drink black tea and coffee anyway so thought i would just be leaving the milk out, can u give me any tips for this plan, i dont like fish or cottage cheese so be chicken and turkey all the way, do u actually get much say chicken for 175gr, how long u been doing 810 and is weight loss good, thanks

Milk is important - so if you are not using it in tea/coffee make a shake up with it instead. Or have yogurt as above.

Chicken/turkey, quorn or tofu would be your choices if you don't like fish or cottage cheese.

Weight losses for 810 are nearly as good as SS .... about 12lb per month average - so only 1/2 different from SS.

Thanks Bev - will go out and stock up on some yogurt :)

Ok another question (sorry) what are the lactose free alternatives? Had some tummy trouble recently when I had lactose so tend to stick to the lactose free shakes. Only just thought of that! Do you just use Soya equivalents and is it the same quantity? sorry being a pain :D

Ok another question (sorry) what are the lactose free alternatives? Had some tummy trouble recently when I had lactose so tend to stick to the lactose free shakes. Only just thought of that! Do you just use Soya equivalents and is it the same quantity? sorry being a pain :D

Same quantity .... but check it is UNSWEETENED. Use a pot of yogurt to compare cals/carbs etc.

oh never thought of putting milk in a shake instead,cool i cant wait to get stuck into this 810 plan now

thanks guys
good luck bish

I didn't have the milk when I did 810, oops. I did have a reason though, I don't do dairy and only like sweetened soya milk.

I dont do fish really or cottage cheese - I LOVE the chicken style frozen quorn pieces, they are delish - I have them with brocolli or whatever. Chicken itself is ok for me, but I love the Quorn more!

I wasnt a good girl last week, so I lost 2lbs yesterday but now I am on it 100% and will be very good.

250g pot of low fat plain yogurt, or cottage cheese can be substituted instead of milk.
Thanks for that advice. I haven't been having my full quota of milk so it's good to know I can substitute it.

Back