8ball's Journey

8ball2253

Hi guys, some of you may know me from another thread but I'm on my journey to get from 210lbs to 180lbs!

Since september I changed my diet from what it was last year (which was absolutely rubbish) but I was still having much too large portions, lots of white foods, sugars, crap in general, and not a lot of fruit, veg, and water.

When I weighed myself after xmas I was 14st 12lbs (about 1 more than last year) and I thought to myself that was it, I am going to make a promise to myself to change my habits for good and lose that weight. My motivation not only came from that but also my future career (training to be a doctor right now) and it would be very hypocritical of me to give advice to other people about their health but not give two ***** about mine.

Since January 3rd, I've drastically changed my diet. No more unecessary sugars, no junk food, smaller portion sizes, more fruits, veg and water. For the first week I ate nothing but salads and lean meats. This week I've added brown wholemeal bread and only have 2 slices a day for lunch as my sandwich. For the week coming up I've now introduced brown rice and I think that's gonna be it now, just to stop myself from getting bored.

I've already lost 10lbs in 2 weeks and that was before I re-joined the gym this thursday gone so I know I'm doing something right!

So, here is my diary. I'm gonna start it fresh for the days coming up rather than boring you for the previous 2 weeks. I am generally very busy with studying and being in hospital so I will try my best to post each night, but sometimes that may not happen.

I would be happy to have any followers because weight loss is not an easy thing as I'm sure all of you know and it would be great to have support!

Thanks gettingfitat50 :)

Yesterday:
B: 2 Weetabix with semi-skimmed milk and a sliced banana
Went for a 200m swim
L: Half tin of drained tuna with baby spinach in 2 slices of wholemeal bread. One small orange
Snack: Muller light yoghurt
D: Carrot, red pepper, sweetcorn, onion, spinach, cucumber salad with a grilled chicken breast (marinaded in nando's extra hot) and very small amount of grated cheese. Extra-light salad cream
Snack: small pear

3L of water

Sunday:
B: Weetabix with a banana and 4 large strawberries and semi-skimmed milk
L: Tuna and spinach sandwich on wholemeal bread and one clementine
Snack: Muller light strawberry
Dinner: Grilled chicken marinaded in nando's extra hot and fresh salad
Snack: medium pear

2L water

Today:
B: Weetabix with a banana and 4 large strawberries and semi-skimmed milk
L: Tuna and spinach sandwich on wholemeal bread and one clementine
Snack: Muller light strawberry
Dinner: Grilled chicken marinaded in nando's extra hot and fresh salad
Snack: medium pear and a can of mooch mint chocolate milkshake

Gym: 10 mins HIIT rowing machine, 12 mins HIIT cycling, chest and triceps

water: 3L

Your food sounds great! My sister is a doctor, she loves it, tough job though and I think you are right it is important to set a good example.

Tuesday and Wednesday:
B: Weetabix with chopped banana and strawberries
Snack: muller light yoghurt
L: Tuna and spinach sandwich and one clementine
Snack: A few shelled pistachio nuts
D: Salmon salad

2-3 L water

Wednesday went gym again and did a similar workout but did legs this time for weights

Today:
B: Weetabix with chopped banana
L: Tuna sandwich with cucumber and onion. One clementine
Snack: A few shelled pistachio nuts
Dinner: Thai green curry (with chopped onion, red pepper and cucumber on the side) with one chicken breast and 1/2 cup of brown rice

1.5 L water

Got an exam tomorrow morning and after that one of my mates wants to go eat at a chinest buffet restauarant, although I haven't eaten any takeouts or junk food for 3 weeks now, I'm a bit skeptical about going!

Doing well :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back