8th day - the cravings kick in!

Bibaloo

Today is day 8 (day three of cruise) and I can feel a wobble starting. I'm daydreaming about bread and wine. I feel really tense!! Although this had been great so far, it's hit me that it'll be a long time before I can have anything but protein and veg.
Not sure whether to weight myself tomorrow because if it's good it'll keep me going, if it's bad I'll wobble even more.

I will not give up (repeat a hundred times)

Just remember that for a few seconds of possible pleasure in the eating and drinking (and often it doesn't taste half as good as you'd imagined), you'd be undoing much of the good work you've done so far. Keep asking yourself whether it would be worth it and I reckon that the truthful answer will be no.

Hang on in there, Bibaloo.

Totally agree. I've had that feeling about once a week so far (I'm on week 6) but I haven't given in even though it's been so hard at times. Think of how gutted you'd be

The cravings will last a few hours, maybe a day at most, the weight stays forever unless you break the cycle. This diet really does work, you just have to trust it and trust yourself. Stepping on the scales and seeing a loss is SO much better than chocolate!

Make yourself some Dukan bread ;)

I'm convinced that the key to this diet is to keep renewing one's menus and trying out new recipes...

When you have a wobble, take a moment to browse through the recipe section and focus on some of the yummy stuff there that you can try; cakes, muffins, meatloaf, chicken, bakes, burgers - there is so much to chose from; then carry the anticipation of that new treat through the shopping and cooking phase until you are sitting down to a real feast.

Before you know it the craving are history!

I think around day 7 or 8 was where I really struggled, attack had no problems but when it became slightly less restricted I had to think about things more! Sugar free jelly has saved me a few times! I'm not nearly 3 weeks in, and no real craivngs at all! Just stay strong, and they'll disappear!

Back