9 stone journey - need help/friends

losingit

Silver Member
In 2011 I tried losing weight with Exante. It went really well and i think i lost around 2 or 3 stone, but then life got in the way, things got emotional and i went a bit crazy on the food. End result was that i gained it all back plus an extra stone :(.

2012 then, a new year a new weightloss plan. Started 1 January at 19st2lbs. Currently @ 18stone exactly, so had a great start losing 1 stone in 1 month. But now the hard part is setting in, it's always easy to lose weight very fast in the first few weeks on low-carb diets like the one i'm on, but starting to hit a real brick wall now already.

I have added problems this time around in that i can't do much by way of exercise. I have had surgery two times on one knee and just recently had problems with my "good" knee and now waiting to hear if i need surgery on that too :(. Having a 3 year old to look after compounds this, at least when i had a good knee i used to still be able to do stuff, but now i feel totally disabled :(.

My motivation to lose weight is to be healthy for my daughter and be actively involved in her life more. I also want to move abroad for a few years, and as a single mom i don't want to take my young daughter abroad without being in good health myself, there is no one to jump in and help me if i should fall ill / have a heart attack / become totally unable to walk due to my weight.

My ultimate target weight is 10st5lbs, which puts my BMI at 24.9, just barely into the "healthy" range. To me though, 10stone anything sounds pretty much anorexic, i don't even remember being that weight (although i must have been at some point!). I simply can't imagine getting down to a BMI of 22. Will cross that one if i ever get there, to be honest at this point just getting my BMI to 30 or even 35 would be a great achievement.

I don't really have anyone to talk with about my journey, so am pretty lonely at the moment. Would love to have a diet buddy to chat to, and who will give me a slap if i deviate and forget to come back on course (i kinda wish i'd had that before, when i fell off the exante wagon, it was easy to just forget about it and eat myself into oblivion for 6+months straight, even having someone to say "hey, stop that!" just a few months earlier, would have made a real difference). I promise to do the same in return to help anyone who buddies with me too.

My philosophy for losing weight this time around, is to be a bit more flexible with myself and realistic, and not to expect myself to be on a VLCD for the whole journey as i did before. Currently i'm low-carbing it, and despite hitting this brick wall, it's a diet i'm comfortable with right now, if a bit boring at times. After another month doing it though i may switch to another diet. I have learnt from experience that it doesn't matter what diet you do (mostly, some are not good!), as they generally all result in weightloss if followed correctly. So i might as well shake things up and keep them interesting by changing if i need to... but maintaining discipline too.

Anyway i'll stop blathering on and on here. If anyone wants to be my buddy, would love to hear from you, :)

First off, hello and welcome, I see you signed up here a bit ago but welcome to the WEMITT section, like you say you have the best motivation you could ever need in wanting to be there for your little one.

You have done great so far and long may it continue.

Howdy.

I attend slimming world and its great. I'm never hungry because you can eat so much it seems wrong somehow lol and nothing is forbidden! Going to class each week keeps me on the wagon. I know I would have given up by now if not for class. The social support there is great, lots of people to help when I need it! They have different plans, one of them focusses on low carb so could be good for you. And you can take your little one too if you don't have childcare. Its less than a fiver a week, which you can easily make up from your shopping bill.

Hi Losinit, I am new to the site as well & would love to have a buddy & someone buddy me. I have at least 6&half stone to lose, that will give a good look but I guess the doctor will say I have to lose another stone on top of that....hey...Rome was not built in a day and it took me more than a year to put this weigh on. I am only interesting in it coming off.

I am married and a mum to one, I am much older than the other mums at the school gate so I don't want my son to be teased anymore than he may by my age let alone me also being fat.

Lets get motivated and get losing...

The slimming world thing would be difficult for me, might give it a go though later on, worth a try and i see a lot of people doing well with it. JLStretton, your weight loss is huge, very inspirational! I'm going to go and read your journal now. harrysgirl, will drop you a message, thanks :)

I'm feeling more positive today since i've had two very good days on the diet. Weight isn't exactly "falling off" still, lost 0.4lbs in the past 3 days but i know that if i keep it up then the weight has to go eventually.

Hi, welcome to the site and good luck with you losses!!

x

hiya, ive got 7-8 stone to lose and going to do it with weight watchers, best of luck on your journey and hope you get all you want from it :) xxx

Goodluck on your journey hun x

Good luck on your weight loss journey! Your doing amazing so far! Keep up the good work and persevere when you arent getting the big weight losses you want. They will show up at some point!
I recommend slimming world too. Its the easiest, most effective diet ive ever been on!
x

Hi, I have just joined today and this is my forst post.. got a lot to loose and hoping to get some support through you guys!

Back