9stone to lose using orlistat

Discussion in 'WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time)' started by jennieh1980, 29 May 2008 Social URL.

1. jennieh1980

jennieh1980 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.58%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Hi

I'm currently 18st and am looking to lost 9 stone. I'm calorie counting and have been prescribed Orlistat by the docs today, I've used it before and found it to be really good but had to come off of it because of family stuff.

Anyone else on Orlistat??

Wish me luck

Jennie xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. starryeyes

starryeyes Member

Diet:
    Juddd at the moment
    Hi Jennie

I tried it a year ago for about a week and lost 4lbs. I had to come off of it as I have gallstones and it increased my gallbladder attacks. A friend of mine used it to lose 4st and has managed to keep it off. Good luck with it.

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Good luck with it :)

I tried it last year but it didnt work at all - typical lol

5. Willdoitthistime!

Willdoitthistime! Full Member

Hi Jennie

I went to Boots today and have come home with a month's supply of Xenical ! I am a bit wary about trying it (due to awful side effects :) ) but pharmacist reassured me this would only happen if you eat too much fat. I also have gallstones so I hope it doesn't increase the attacks. I wonder why it did that to you Starryeyes? Did you ask the doctor about it?

Going to take my first one in the morning and stay near the loo all day!!

Good luck !

6. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    Hiya Jennie, just wanted to wish you good luck on your weightloss journey.:) I have been prescribed Xenical 3 times but I didn't work with them. :rolleyes:

When I worked with them I lost a stone in a month, can't even remember now what I did. :giggle:

Anyway, keep us informed. There was a woman on another forum lost 5st in about a year or less and has kept it off for a year or more now.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.