A big hello & help already

kizzy212

hello everyone, my name is kizzy and i joined slimming world last night.:D i have spent the morning shopping and have just come to work out the online web site. wow its great feeling excited just filling in my choices. cant wait till next week to track my weight loss. However i am need of help already. my friend did slimming world some time ago and knowing that i love spicy food she told me about asda's chickpea dahl and using a packet of bachlors rice i could make me a spicy curry/byrini (cant spell that). she said she had it using only free foods. i have entered the nutrition values in online and its saying 20 synes for whole can or 5 for 100g. is there something im doing wrong! still waiting to recieve my food diary book so cant check it yet. only have web site. :sigh:

Tinned Asda chick pea dahl is free food on a green or easy extra day. Rice is also free but if you are using the microwave rice in the sachets they do have syns - even the plain ones albeit very low. i eat loads of the chickpea dahl but usually boil my rice so that it is all free food.

hello everyone, my name is kizzy and i joined slimming world last night.:D i have spent the morning shopping and have just come to work out the online web site. wow its great feeling excited just filling in my choices. cant wait till next week to track my weight loss. However i am need of help already. my friend did slimming world some time ago and knowing that i love spicy food she told me about asda's chickpea dahl and using a packet of bachlors rice i could make me a spicy curry/byrini (cant spell that). she said she had it using only free foods. i have entered the nutrition values in online and its saying 20 synes for whole can or 5 for 100g. is there something im doing wrong! still waiting to recieve my food diary book so cant check it yet. only have web site. :sigh:

Tinned Asda chick pea dahl is free food on a green or easy extra day. Rice is also free but if you are using the microwave rice in the sachets they do have syns - even the plain ones albeit very low. i eat loads of the chickpea dahl but usually boil my rice so that it is all free food.

oh thank you so much for replying, i was so looking forward to that for my tea!
this site is my new best friend. thanks again! im sure i will be back.

Hi! You probably didn't include the free food allowance for the chick peas when you were working it out. On the first screen there is the option to include a free food allowance where the main ingredient in the product is syn free. There are some foods that are not eligible for a free food allowance and there is a link to a list on the same page.

Hope that helps!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All the dried Bathcelors Savoury rices are free.

Asda Chick Pea Dahl, Mild, canned 400g can[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 15 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green/EE Free
[/FONT]

[/FONT]​

I had no idea the savoury rices were free - whoop whoop!
Also, big welcome to Kizzi, this group is lovely.
Good luck on your weight loss journey xx

Back