a certain point

tinkerbellsmum

Gold Member
why do i get to around 11stone then start to struggle to lose weight? usually when i'm on sw i would struggle for a few weeks then give up. i'm struggling to lose weight again this to weeks and i can feel my motivation going. i need to get past this otherwise i'm worried i may fail again. i do feel determined not to let that happen at the mo but i'm worried how long that will last.
i'm also worried i'm getting excited about my hols in 4 weeks because i can eat and i worry i will go mad and eat everything in site.

have you thought about something that had happened in your life when you were this weight or below ? For years I've been struggling to get under 90 kilos and this is the weight I had when I came to Belgium. It's actually the idea of leaving the country that "allowed" me to get below and loose this "stucking" weight and even on Cambridge it sticked like hell, I did not lose much the week I came around this weight. Well I'm not saying it's the same on your side, but it might be interesting to look in that direction.

ou have to trust in the science, if you stick to it you will lose the weight, it will happen but you have to completely trust in that basic truth! Sometimes the scales plat tricks on us, if you drink a pint of water that weighs a lb.... etc just resolve in your mind that even if the scales don't budge that you resolve to keep to the course you are on!!!

ou have to trust in the science, if you stick to it you will lose the weight, it will happen but you have to completely trust in that basic truth! Sometimes the scales plat tricks on us, if you drink a pint of water that weighs a lb.... etc just resolve in your mind that even if the scales don't budge that you resolve to keep to the course you are on!!!

I really agree with you on that. I get weighed at the end of the day by my CDC and I know that if I were to weigh myself in the morning instead, I would weigh less. But I try not to focus too much on the numbers on the scales. I just plough through it. I know I will have a week with a very small/no loss, but given that I only eat 500kcal a day, I am bound to lose weight, and so are you tinkerbellsmum ) Come on, not that long now, just think how great you will feel if you make it till your holiday a 100% :)

I'm the same first time around I got down to 10 stone 2, but I've been really struggling to get below 11 stone at the moment, BUT like AOGG and Book Worm say, if you get weighed at the end of the day (I get weighed then) you tend toweigh more because of the water. We all know that the diet works so we just need to keep faith in the diet and like Book Worm says, of we eat below 500 cals we are bound to lose weight.

Heh - I'm having the same issue at the moment - At 13st I become 'obese' it is the weight I became when my life when totally to pot in my early 20s and it's the weight wheer I stopped giving a damn any more and gave up on myself. When I go under it I suddenly start getting male attention again (It's started about a stone earlier this time round - possibly cos I'm smaller than I usually am at this weight) I am doing everything right, I haven't had a morsel of food. (I even had to sniff a croissant in the name of art as you know!) but can I get those bloody scales under 182? Nope. It will happen. But only if I don't give in. Physics and Biology and Chemistry (ugh worst school timetable ever) will work it out eventually. But only if I stand firm. Really firm. It shouldn't be that hard, but it is. The great thing is that once you blast through a block you usuall drop a few lbs at once.

thanks yeah just got to get though it. i've fell off the wagon abit tonight but its ok i will be back to it tommorrow well i'm done now but you know what i mean maybe if i'm lucky the binge will kick start my loss again. i need to get things under control. it start cause i made cake and try it to makesure it tasted alright then that was it i fell off big time. off to order becks book

tinkerbellsmum said:
why do i get to around 11stone then start to struggle to lose weight? usually when i'm on sw i would struggle for a few weeks then give up. i'm struggling to lose weight again this to weeks and i can feel my motivation going. i need to get past this otherwise i'm worried i may fail again. i do feel determined not to let that happen at the mo but i'm worried how long that will last.
i'm also worried i'm getting excited about my hols in 4 weeks because i can eat and i worry i will go mad and eat everything in site.

I have the same problem I got to 11st 3lb and fell off the wagon for a whole week I am now starting again tonight. I've but a lot back on and I'm sure that is because I'm scared to be slimmer I feel safe and no one really notices me. Now I've started to loss weight people have started commenting and I don't like it. It's nice motivation at first but now I feel everyone is looking at me has she lost a pound put one on I hate it. I feel very lonely and just wanted to protect myself. I'm doing this for me so I'll see how this week goes sorry for rambling x

I get comments all the time and I will punch the next person who asks me if I had one of those gastric band thingy's!!! errrr no doing it the normal way ;) I thought I'd have a plateau but I havent, I'm losing steadily every week so don't know how that feels but just trust that if your doing a,b,c you will continue to lose what esle can you do???? One thing I do know that if you give into a mega binge you WILL put on weight that is a total certainty!!!!

thank you all i feel rubbish today and i've gained 2lb but aleast i'm not gonna do it again for awhile. i have ordered becks so hopefully that will stop me doing it again. i think i'm a all or nothing type of person i can't just have one bit. i need all or nothing tattoo on my hand lol

look how much you have lost in 9 weeks? isnt it 9 weeks yea? you are doing FAB, dont give up now. I am an all or nothing person also. You have lost a serious amount so giving up now will just put weight back on and you will end up starting all over again. Its not worth it, Dont give up xx

thank you both. i'm on ss+ at the mo and i've been thinking of moving back to ss for a few weeks but its hard everytime i try i end up buying chicken from shop next to work. i'm gonna try this week to go back to ss. got to get back into ketosis

Back