A day off sometimes??

MaryMZ

I just wondered what folks opinions were on this. Sometimes because of a social meal it can't be avoided. But I am into about my seventh week. And haven't been doing too great lately. My CDC is on holiday for nearly three weeks. So yesterday I decided to have a day off. And back on today. It's done now and I don't really regret it. I didn't go on an all out total binge eating everything in sight but I had quite a bit. But I just wondered what people who have been doing the diet a lot longer than I have or more times thought about this. I don't mean every other day. But just once in a month or so. Or does it just make it harder than ever to get back on track?

Hi Mary, I've been on cambridge for about 18 weeks and have had my first "time off" this weekend. Well, it actually is working out to be 5 days 'off' but so far I've not regretted it. Tomorrow I'll be back into total ss so I'll let you know how hard that is getting back. But I must say that I've not had any regrets thus far, I have drank and eaten but as far as eating goes it is much less than I thought it would be, there was no complete blowout. Honestly tho, I haven't stood on the scales since Thursday morning, tomorrow will be the first day but I am very determined to get back on to ss for at least 3 or 4 more weeks.

It seems to all depend on your willpower (or whatever), but I defo want to get right back on tomorrow and I see no reason why I can't.

Good luck to you and me! We can do it! :)

Hi Mary, I began mid-May and was 100% until the end of July. I had a planned break for a catchup with some friends and on the day itself I didn't actually want to eat... I did. I enjoyed it and got back on plan the following day. Now I did the same in August for a hen party which was pretty much 4 days off.
So anyway, in short, to begin with it was fine as I was 'in the zone'. From my perspective, I'd now only have time off-plan if it was entirely necessary, which for me, there is no time that this is the case.

As I've got nearer goal, I've definitely become a bit complacent and definitely eased off myself a bit too much. From my perspective the more often you're off-plan the harder it is to get back into, but that said, it's best sometimes to have a little of what you fancy rather than binge.

It'll vary with everyone, and another thing to remember is that you're doing this for you - so if you want a day off, then have one. I can only say from my experience that it's taken me longer to get my head back into it as I've gone along and there have been times where I've been mucking about with the same 4lbs or so.....

Good luck whatever you decide :D

Sauce x

Thanks very much Cheesegirl and Sauce. It was really helpful what you said. If I'm honest even forgetting yesterday and last weekend when I was away and went to a party with buffet, I have been easing of a bit on other days. It's really good to hear other folks experiences here and it keeps me going.

thing is, everybody's context for this process is so different. Some people are all-or-nothing types who can't cope with having a break and so don't - and some aren't. Some people have told everyone about the diet so that social meals aren't a problem for them - and some like to keep things more to themselves. Some can be sensible if they stop for a while and some can't.

I think if it feels right to you and you feel confident it won't upset the process, then go for it.

thing is, everybody's context for this process is so different. Some people are all-or-nothing types who can't cope with having a break and so don't - and some aren't. Some people have told everyone about the diet so that social meals aren't a problem for them - and some like to keep things more to themselves. Some can be sensible if they stop for a while and some can't.

I think if it feels right to you and you feel confident it won't upset the process, then go for it.

I agree with Spangles. I'm all or nothing type of gal. An unplanned break has made crazy and it's been so hard to get back to SS. I do regret going off plan but it's done and there is no sense in kicking myself about it. I think you need to think carefully before taking time off. I persaonally have found it so hard to get back to plan.

Good luck!

Rather than going off plan if you are struggling, just go up at step for a day. So if Ive had a particularly difficult day I have a chicken salad to cheer me up. I dont even check if I am in ketosis and its not a massive thing for me but I know some people find it really important. But as everyone has said before me, it depends on the kind of person your are and the needs and habits you have.

Hello Mary! Jumped on the scales this morning and my 5 day 'break' showed up as a gain of 5lbs! I can guarantee that it is mostly alcohol, as I spent most of the time at a grape harvest fest. But, that is just the scales - the skin tight trousers I wore at the weekend still fit like a glove, no noticeable difference. The scales are just what they are - a horrid implement of torture made to undermine our self-esteem.

Well, in either case I intend to knock those few pounds about a bit and then continue toward my goal and I'm pretty sure this won't affect my overall ultimate loss :) Let's keep at it!

Back