A diary of a gluten free girl

eatlikeaGFgirl

Hello world, :sign0144:

I'm AJ and have decided to venture into the world of minimins! I got to target doing SW in 2010 but was diagnosed Coeliac last year and gained half a stone (hanging onto target by the skin of my teeth lol!) I also have PCOS so have decided to do low GI alongside SW.
I'm a student and struggle to attend my group on a regular basis so have lacked a bit of inspiration, I also have ME so cant exercise.

I'm looking forward to finding my feet and chatting with you lovely people, it seems like a friendly place :)

xx

aaarrgh, sure I'll get the hang of this posting lark soon lol :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So something went wrong trying to post yesterday lol

Tuesday is when my new week starts so will write up whats passed my lips since then!

Tuesday Red:

Bought a fruit salad box as was in a rush

Eggs, mushrooms and 3 rashers bacon in the world's smallest gluten free roll (B)

1 bag of Mrs. Crimble's potato snacks @4.5 syns,
2 bags of pom bears @8 syns

**this is the point I decided to try low GI after reading a PCOS factsheet on the SW website

pan-fried pouting (frylight) with mushroom and broccoli bake (2A) and chilli oil roasted carrots (B)
slightly killed the fish as not too confident at cooking it but tasted good, put some fresh parsley
(grown by my own fair hand lol) on top of the fish too

12.5/105 syns remaining = 92.5

Wednesday turned into a Green day:

eggs, 3 rashers bacon (B) and mushrooms with butter @4 syns

apple

2 kiwi fruits, Danio passion fruit 0% Greek yogurt @ 1.5 syns - totally worth the syns, is to die for!

aubergine bake (B+2A) had made a big batch of tomato sauce so was a real quick meal to throw together, proper comfort food
with the cheesy goodness melted on top.

Tbsp peanut butter @4.5 syns

10/92.5 syns remaining 82.5

Thursday EE:

porridge with banana & Kara coconut milk (B+1/2A)

apple

FF cottage cheese and egg salad

2 kiwi, 15g cheese (1/2A), tbsp peanut butter @4.5 syns

Pork cheek and butter bean slow-cooker casserole with green beans and gravy @ 1.5 syns
the pork cheeks were nice, first time ever eating them they were quite sweet but cant really
describe the taste. If I cooked them again I'd cook them just in stock in the slow cooker again but
maybe do them with some sweet chilli sauce or something along those lines.

apple

(6/82.5) syns remaining: 76.5

Really hate Thursdays as I struggle big time to do 10-6 with only one break and this one was a killer, only one more epic thursday to
get through before Easter break and after that I have one less lecture to attend which should help. Was a particularly bad biochemistry
tutorial this week too which just put a spanner in any hopes of a nice day lol!

Friday think it's turned into a red day:

porridge with apple and coconut milk (B+1/2A)

2 oranges

Got convinced by me sister to go to Nando's for lunch (doesn't take much to be honest ;)), so cashed in my loyalty card for a whole chicken
so had

1/2 hot chicken with mixed leaf salad which works out at 16 syns - so no more syns today!

and dont know what I'm gonna have now, will update later as still full from lunch, maybe a baked apple with mincemeat for my B choice, we'll see!

I had an apple

then for tea I had a slightly weird and very "studenty" combo of a tin of tuna with cheese (1.5A) melted in and poached eggs!
Sounds gross (looked it too lol) but was reaally yummy!!

Baked apple with tbsp mincemeat (B)

(16/76.5) syns remaining 60.5

Sooo glad I finished my physiology practical early, got so much work to do before monday too but gonna take the evening off to chill. Went to Holland & Barrett for some herbal things to try help me sleep, so got some herby tablets and some funky tea. Got some more green tea and found some cherry and cinnamon tea too which looks yummy so spent a small fortune on tea!

Last edited:
Well all good plans and all that jazz, had to put a hold on everything as had a total energy crash with my ME on Saturday, knew it was on the horizon but have been trying to *stupidly* push through (coz that always works well lol). So Saturday had to call my mum as was really bad, she managed to come over and packed some things for me and brought me home to look after me, taken a week off university, luckily Easter break starts next week so won't miss too much. Pretty miffed that I've missed an important nutrition practical and my last physiology practical, always hate missing biochem as its hard to pick up without attending the lectures but have to focus on my health right now or I wont be well enough to finish the year.
So low GI is on the back burner for now as too ill to cook but trying to stick to SW (mums a target member too) but my taste buds are all over the place, got bad nausea and not actually hungry so forcing myself to eat.

So Saturday turned out red:

Porridge w coconut milk (B+0.5A ) kiwi

2 apples, nutella @8 syns

2 satsumas
Scrambled eggs with bacon (1.5A)

ham, strawberries
salted popcorn@ 5.5 syns

(13.5/60.5)

So glad I prep my breakfast the night before!

Sunday EE (sort of!)

Scrambled eggs (A) with bacon (B), strawberries

Apple, 2 satsumas

Roast potatoes (frylight) carrots, cabbage, 2 gluten free DS Yorkshire puds @ 4 syns, gravy @ 1.5 syns

Muller greek yogurt@ 0.5 syns

(6/47)

Monday was a totally crazy eating day, but my 41 syns should cover it!

Tuesday crazy again! Supposed to start new syns today

Hopefully be able to start eating with some more structure soon, fingers crossed, but I suffer from nausea as a symptom which I can normally deal with but when I'm have a bad flare up its hard to eat properly.

Gonna chill, relax and not freak out about how much work I have to do. Also need to stop trying to distract myself with online shopping! I have been buying useful things like a new soup flask (microwave safe too! So v handy) and a new lunch box with compartments lol! I won't mention the mental amount spent at Pull and Bear.....!I love that shop!!!!

Back