PCOS, the pill and weight gain

lucy9033

Hi,
Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong forum - I am a new member so I am still trying to figure things out.
I was just looking for some advice really and to see if anyone else is in the same boat.
I have been diagnosed for the past 10 years with PCOS. In 2019, I went on the birth control pill to try and help some of my PCOS symptoms - at the time of starting the pill, I hadn't had AF for 2 years.
I managed to lose 4 and a half stone from 2018-2019 taking my weight to normal BMI for the first time in my life. I lost this through Slimming World. I stopped slimming world at the start of the pandemic but maintained my loss.
2 months ago, I started taking supplements such as Myo-Inositol and NAC and a few others that I had read up were good for people with PCOS. I decided to quit the birth control pill on 5th March 2022, after about 2 weeks on the supplements. My AF arrived 22 days later which I was shocked about. I have since been spotting every other day since. Since quitting the pill, the hair on my chin has grown a lot quicker. I usually had to remove this every week but since stopping the pill, every other day. Also I have gained 16 pounds!! I haven't changed my diet at all. The only difference is the pill. I really hoped the supplements would have worked a bit more and helped with this but they haven't. So yesterday, I started the pill again as I am terrified of putting all the weight on I lost as it took me a lot of effort.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences?

Thanks.

Back