A fair bit to shift and I am terrified!

So I have about 6 stone to lose (realistically 4) and I'm trying to follow the weight watchers ProPoints but not going to meetings because I am skint! My problem is I eat at silly times, I have fibromyalgia which messes up my sleep patterns and chances of exercise plus I comfort eat when I'm in pain.

Also when you look at diets and see that you are only going to lose 2lbs a week looks so tedious and slow! Everyone wants a quick fix! But I have changed my way of thinking, I want my husband to see me as sexy again and for me to feel it. I know it's going to be slow and hard but I am determined to give this a real shot and be successful.

So far though on day 2 of the pseudo PP diet I've not felt hungry and kept to the allowance and not dipped into the weeklies. I feel confident and I managed to do a tiny bit of exercise!

It is a long road but they do say the people who go down slowly tend to be the ones that keep it off. You have started doing something and thats half the battle. I am not on WW but I know it can be very sucessful. Good luck and thanks for sharing your journey with us.

It is slow and tedious most of the time but let's face it, we didn't put it on overnight so we can't expect to lose it overnight. You'll get there though, every 2lbs is a step clsoer to where you want to be, just keep at it!

Losing weight is slow, but all those numbers soon add up! x

yea I'm feeling confident now after weighing myself earlier on and having lost 3lbs.

Yay, that's awesome! Well done, that is a great start :D keep it up and you will be flying through the stones. xx

Thanks guys, it's really tough trying not to weigh myself every 5 seconds though haha!

Hi i started out with 11stone to lose & after a great couple of weeks its now just over 9.5 so the weight can & does come off. Best thing to do is break it down into stages/mini goals & then it doesn't seem so un-doable.
Good luck x

You can do it, I have lost 3 so far and my OH definitely notices and tells me I look great. I still have another 7 to go, but each small loss is a huge step forward. I agree with what the poster above said. Don't think of the amount as a whole, aim for your first 7lb and go on from there :) Thats what I am doing. My next mini goal for myself is 16st 3. lb by lb I will get there and so will you.

Back