A hard look at who i am and who i want to be

Hi there, my name is Polly, i'm a 34yr old mum to two gorgeous little boys, divorced, and in a relationship with a yummy American guy who i'm planning to marry and emigrate with in early 2011. I'm an unsuccessful dieter, but i'm overweight and i'm not happy about it... I recently joined my local gym and i see a personal trainer once a week, and i'm now looking at my diet and overall eating and lifestyle habits that have led to me being a yo-yo dieter with a wobbly tummy!

Like many people here, and maybe like a lot of mums, divorcees etc i struggle sometimes to really understand *who* i am... do you know what i mean? Yes i'm a good mum, yes i'm a good daughter, and i try to be a good girlfriend, and eventually wife to my man, but i think i've lost any confidence or love for myself, which is why my weightloss attempts always fail. This is the first time i'm investing in an exercise program though, and i've set my mind to losing weight for ME! not for my nagging mother, not to chase after my kids, not to look good in me pants for my man :rolleyes: i want to do this for ME. I want to look at, enjoy, and love myself.

I know i sound like a hippy :) but i'm hoping someone reading this nods and thinks yeh... me too :eek: I can't wait to get chatting to some of you, and i wish you all every success in your dieting endeavours. I hope i make a few good friends here, please feel free to send me messages!

Polly
xxxx

Hi Polly and welcome to minimins. Your post certainly seemed to ring true with me. My epiphany moment came almost 3 months ago, after a lifetime of being miserable with my body and weight (although hiding my misery, and pretending I was ok with it!). A change of attitude, choosing to love me first, and I have never been happier. Good luck on your journey, it sounds like you are in a good space to make the necessary changes ... and enjoy the journey!

Back