A hypothetical shopping list

tpals

I read about this in a book and it got me thinking: this man was getting ready for a disaster and as he was shopping for last minute supplies he packaged up a few choice items and put them away. Then, months later when they were living off what could be grown or traded locally, he remembered the 'iron rations'. Little luxuries like instant coffee, stock cubes, and hard candies were a terrific treat for his family.

It reminded me of the care packages that were sent to families during WW2 filled with things that were no longer available.

So, my question is: what would you like to find in those circumstances? I know chocolate is high on my list, but a close second would be painkillers for headaches.

If its a serious list id have to say Painkillers,shampoo and body spray.
Joking would have to be Mushrooms in oyster sauce from our chinese, hot wings from kfc and brownies

I'd want to find eggs. Not that I think they'd be fit to eat, lol! :) And pickled onion monster munch, mmmm! :D

I'm a simple person really!

PMSL!

So do ALL women get headaches then;)

If i had to choose it would be ground coffee (sealed for freshness of course):p

Solpadeine, PG Tips, Olay face cream

Or...( for Synfulness)
Ice cream, Coffee and Walnut Cake, Spam Fritters!

In a strange, almost ironic twist of fate, I had to ask for and take headache pills at work today!

I hardly ever have headches these days. I guess there was some karma thing going on. There wasn't even any picked onion monster munch in the vending machine to put Sian's theory to the test!:eek:

In a strange, almost ironic twist of fate, I had to ask for and take headache pills at work today!

I hardly ever have headches these days. I guess there was some karma thing going on. There wasn't even any picked onion monster munch in the vending machine to put Sian's theory to the test!:eek:

Hahahaha Karma's a woman and she's out to get you!

Back