a list of SW Approved Butchers

But they dont say if they are syn free...so im not sure if they are??

Was coming in to add Lewis's in Greasby, but its been done. HEARTILY endorse this one. They have a really good range of syn free products, and their sausages are TO DIE FOR. (Which you wont, of course, because they are SYN FREE!!!)

oh my gosh deb! well done on finding that mega list!! :D do you think its worth going through it and adding them onto the list region by region or just leaving them like that? i deffo think this thread should be made a sticky!! xx

This one in Gloucestershire says it's SW approved on the website. Haven't been there to see a certificate or anything though. I might take a trip out one day and have a look.:)

Country Butcher
Ross Road
Huntley
Gloucestershire
GL19 3DZ

But they dont say if they are syn free...so im not sure if they are??
they are listed on the list of SW approved butchers as taken from the moneysaving expert forum. I just found the website after tbh not any info on any of their sausages on the web page guess you would have to speak to them to check. I would do but I live in Birmingham so not much use to me lol

Emma might be an idea to tidy the list up I only copied and pasted it. but its a big job lol and I agree would be good to have it as a sticky and perhaps edit your 1st post and put the list in it so that you dont need to read through the whole thread to find the updated version :)

they are listed on the list of SW approved butchers as taken from the moneysaving expert forum. I just found the website after tbh not any info on any of their sausages on the web page guess you would have to speak to them to check. I would do but I live in Birmingham so not much use to me lol

Emma might be an idea to tidy the list up I only copied and pasted it. but its a big job lol and I agree would be good to have it as a sticky and perhaps edit your 1st post and put the list in it so that you dont need to read through the whole thread to find the updated version :)

Ive just emailed them to find out :D Better check before I dive in and 'pig' out...oink oink!!!!

yeah good idea, i will go through the list from MSE and add it to the proper list when i have a bit more time on my hands lol ;)

i also think it would be a good idea to just add a little disclaimer saying something like ring first because i dont want people travelling really far to find out that they are no longer SW approved or something :eek: i dont want the whole of Minis to be after me!! :p xx

I have been looking for some local to me (Reading).

Reeves of Yately has already been mentioned - they have a website:
Home

They do SW plain and Cumberland sausages.

I had heard that Greens of Pangbourne:
Green's of Pangbourne home page
did a SW sausage, but cannot find any mention of this on their website.

I also came across this one which is not in my area but sounds good:
http://www.styldesleyandson.co.uk/products.asp?sel=Yes&cat=Slimming World Products

Our consultant knows someone who has been talking about a local butcher producing low-syn sausages, but there seems to have been a breakdown in communication and so we are still waiting to find out where it is. I will let you know if I find out.

Reply from Giggly pig:

Hi,
Our sausages have been tested by slimming world and are approx 3 sins per sausage, not sin free, however we do intend very soon to produce a sausage recommended by slimming world, as our sausage packaging company recommends it, and says it is very popular with sausage makers like ourselves, apparently the sausage mixes are fat and salt free, I wll let you know more in the future

Kind Regards
Tracy Mackness
Giggly Pig co

Alan foster,Butcher Aldridge,

Hi Syn free sausages and burgers are available from a butcher in Aldridge called Alan Foster. I can recommend them - wonderful. :)[/QUOTE

Yes Alan Foster,Aldridge sells syn free burgers and sausage and they taste delicious Try them for yourself!!

Oooh Aldridge! You're so close to me! I'm in Dudley!

I have family over there so I may have to investigate this butchers!

hi, i live in Kidderminster and have been looking for butchers that do syn free sausage, have found one in stourport-on-severn, called Snapes, have spoken to them, they make sausages fresh every wednesday and are usually available from 10 am...
Bit of a long drive from the black country but handy to know where you can get syn free sausage as they are such a great help on slimming world :)

I used to live on the Wirral and used Lewis's butchers, they have a really good range products
Lewis's Butchers. 152 Greasby Road Greasby TELEPHONE 0151 678 7990
Sorry.... just read more posts and Lewis's already on here...... maybe thats because they are so good :)

Last edited:
Burgers are easy enough to make, great with laughing cow in the middle.

Proper sausages on the other hand, how I miss them. Quorn just aint the same and the diet ones in Morrisons are naff. Will have to try the M + S ones next. Roll on tmmrw and Joe's order, better be good!

Do any of the other supermarkets do an edible syn free sausage?

Found this on a site about Whitchurch in Shropshire

"Further along Green End is another butcher (Whitchurch has four) - Hale's Family Butchers. Barry and Sylvia Hale run the shop, which sells locally sourced meat and something I'd not come across before - syn-free sausages. These are supplied by Shepley's of Market Drayton and are, apparently, approved by Slimming World as low in fat."

North East

C Nicholson & Son - 140 Park View, Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear

Dave Hodgson - 21 Bede Precinct, Jarrow, Tyne & Wear

North West

Lewis's Butchers - 152 Greasby Road, Greasby, Wirral CH49 3NQ

Wordsworth Butchers - 252 Ainsworth Lane, Bolton

G Callaghan & Son 8 Central Square Maghull Liverpool L31 0AE

Joe's Kirkby Market Full Range Tue, Fri, Sat.

Yates Greer 4 Union St Leigh WN7 1AT 01942 676681

Yates Greer 83 Market St Atherton M46 0DA 01942 883489

Yates Greer Stall 7 New St Mary's Market St Helens WA10

Yates Greer48 Eccleston St, Prescot L34 5QJ

Mathew Baron’sStall 8m Market Hall Wigan WN1 1PX

Mathew Baron’s Stall 6 Market Hall, Concourse, Skelmersdale WN8 6LJ 01695 728516

Bexley’s 611 West Derby Rd, Tuebrook, Liverpool L13 8AG 01695 728516

Mike's Quality Meats 27 Marian Square, Netherton L30 5QA

Brough’s Butchers 36b Chapel Lane Formby 01704 872075

Yorkshire & Humberside

CN & AF Tindall Family Butchers - 69 Middle Street, South Driffield N Yorks

C&G Starkey Butchers - 8 Wolsey Parade, Sherburn, Elmet, W Yorks

West Midlands

Bob Willock Butchers - 251 Longmore Road, Shirley, B90 3ER

AW Lashford & Son - Hall Green, Birmingham

Alan Foster Butchers - 7 High Street, Aldridge, Walsall

East Midlands

David Hughes Butchers - 87 Bracebridge Drive, Bilborough, Nottingham NG8 4PL

Ken Hand & Son - 213 Nottingham Road, Eastwood, Nottinghamshire NG16 3GS

P&G LOCK - The Butchers Shop, West Lane, Edwinstowe, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire

East Anglia

The Real Sausage Shop - 290 High Road, Felixstowe

London

South West

The Fantastic Sausage Co - 37 St Mary Street, Weymouth, Dorset DT4 8PU

Clayford Farm - Clayford, Wimborne, Dorset BH21 7BG

H E Williams Butchers - 8 Baker Street, Frome, Somerset BA11 3BL

The Sizzling Sausage - Middle Street, Yeovil

South East

Chalcroft Farm Shop - Burnetts Lane, West End, Southampton SO30 2HU

PH & CD Hockey - Hockeys Farm, South Gorley, Fordingbridge, Hampshire SP6 2PW

Wales

Chris Parsons Butchers - Unit 6 Blandon Way, Whitchurch, Cardiff

Scotland

Ewing's - 53 Main Street, Baillieston Glasgow

S Collins & Son Quality Butchers - 7 Lindsaybeg Road Muirhead Glasgow G69 9DR

Fergusons of Airdrie - 3 Buchanan Street, Airdrie, Lanarkshire

Northern Ireland

Breslin Family Butchers - Unit 3 White House Retail Park, Buncrana, Londonderry BT48 8LB

Dunmurry & Meghaberry Meats - 145 Kingsway, Dunmurry, Belfast, Co Antrim BT17 9RY

Meat Boutique - 10a MarcusSquareNewry, County Down

Millar Meats - Irvinestown, Co Fermanagh, BT94 1GJ

O'Kane Meats Ltd, 69 Main Street, Claudy, Co Derry BT47 4HR

Paul's Butchers - 23 Culmore Road, Derry BT48 8JB

The Finest Cut - 26 Bridge St, Comber, Newtownards, County Down BT23 5AT

East Midlands.....P&G Lock don't do them anymore, but there is one in Nuncargate...Scott Barlows. I got some sausages and burgers at the weekend, both syn free and they are soooo nice!

I work next to "The butchers by the tank" in Brierly hill, I'll have a word with him and see if he can make his own or stock some of Joes..

I've tried those sausages from Snapes.. ( my Mom and Dad got some as they joined same time as me ) and they are nice..
about 30p each

Bexley's in Old Swan Liverpool just started stocking Joe's stuff. Because I nagged them! Any two packs of anything for a fiver.

Back