a list of SW Approved Butchers

kazbryn

Syn free burgers and sausages in aldridge

Hi Syn free sausages and burgers are available from a butcher in Aldridge called Alan Foster. I can recommend them - wonderful. :)

hmmm wish I could drive not too far from me but still too far without a car does anyone else know of a butchers in black country or Birmingham that does them? have heard of one in Hall green but that is too far too especially when you dont drive :(.

Hi Debjk

There is also one opposite Asda on the Queslett Road, Great Barr 'Warwick Brothers' butchers he makes syn free sausages. I do hope you can get some. You do have to order from this butcher though. One week in advance.

Other wise the Aldridge one is on the bus route from Birmingham.

hi everyone,

i thought it would be a good idea to make a proper list of all the SW approved butchers that we know of, as they seem to be cropping up all over the place and although there are odd threads on the board we dont seem to have a comprehensive list anywhere? obviously feel free to correct me if im wrong :p

i thought we could maybe do it by region? so north east, north west, midlands, south east, south west, wales, scotland, northern ireland, etc etc? (sorry if ive missed anyone out my geography aint all that good ;)) does anyone else think this is a good idea? we could all update it when we find one, similar to the way that challenges are run? this would mean that people from a particular area can look and find easily butchers in their local area, what do you all think? :) xx

Brill idea!

basic idea - bare with me!

North East
eg. name of town, name of butchers, 1st line of address?

North West

Yorkshire & Humberside

West Midlands

East Midlands

East Anglia

London

South West

South East

Wales

Scotland

whatcha think? xx

Looks good, I shall have to google the butchers near me for addresses. I know 1 of them do deliveries in East anglia

Hi, stupid question but how do we know when they're SW approved, For example, I walked by my local butchers yesterday and they we're advertising "extra lean minced beef", can I use this free on red and trust that it "is" extra lean? Also, I saw a thread yesterday about a SW approved butcher and the lady listed loads of tasty sausages that were syn free. I'd love to know if there's one in the South Nottingham area so if there is can someone pop it on Emma-louise's list. Thanks Emma.

great idea, there used to be one in my local town, I'll check if he's still up and running xx

Hi, stupid question but how do we know when they're SW approved, For example, I walked by my local butchers yesterday and they we're advertising "extra lean minced beef", can I use this free on red and trust that it "is" extra lean?

Sw has a rigorous (and expensive) accreditation scheme for any supplier wanting to sell syn-free" sausages. The product is tested and the butcher receives a certificate to put on display. So unless the sausages are specifically marketed as syn-free on SW and you can see the certificate then you have to syn them I'm afraid.

fab idea, would love to know if there are any near me, I think I fall under the Yorkshire/Humberside category..will keep my eye out for any!

If you google "slimming world butchers in (insert city/town name)", you may get a result.
I did that and found 2 in Norwich I never knew about!

aww im so pleased this thread has had such a positive response! i thought it would be just me :eek:

feel free to add any butchers you know of to the list, im off to make use of google :cool: xx

North East

North West

Wordsworth Butchers - 252 Ainsworth Lane, Bolton

Yorkshire & Humberside

West Midlands

East Midlands

East Anglia

The Real Sausage Shop - 290 High Road, Felixstowe

London

South West

South East

Wales

Scotland

Last edited:
North East

North West

Wordsworth Butchers - 252 Ainsworth Lane, Bolton

Yorkshire & Humberside

West Midlands

East Midlands

East Anglia

London

South West

South East

Wales

Scotland Ewing's 53 Main Street, Baillieston Glasgow. Also S Collins & Son Quality Butchers 7 Lindsaybeg Road Muirhead Glasgow G69 9DR

Back