A little bit about me

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kimlo, 26 July 2011 Social URL.

1. kimlo

kimlo Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hey Minimins members :)

I'm kimlo(not my real name) and I've been overweight my whole life.

Through out all of primary school and most of highschool I was bullied about my weight. I've never had complete confidence in my self and always had a low self esteem until I got older.

I don't want to be that fat guy anymore, I want to be healthy and even though I can confidently say I don't have any self esteem issues anymore I want to be able to walk and be completely confident in my self.

I want to prove to myself that I can do what I set out to do, that I can overcome a lifetime of obesity and lead a healthy lifestyle. I no longer want to see success stories and wish I could be one of them, I want to post my own success story. I want to live a happy, healthy life style where I am no longer held back on doing things I've always wanted to do but couldn't because of my weight.

I started calorie counting a little over a month ago and I want to head into 2012 as the healthiest I've ever been. I want to enter the new year the happiest I've ever been. I want to be the confident happy person that I've always aspired to be, but to really be happy and and completely confident within myself.

I no longer want to walk into clothes store and say if only but to say which one. I want to be able to join a sport which I have always wanted to play and be the player I know I can be.

It all started one month ago and it's a life style change, one that I hope will lead to a healthier and happier self.

The old me is just that, old, the new me is slowly coming to the fore and I have the motivation, knowledge and support in Minimins to go all the way in my journey of a better life.

Sorry if my post is a little long but this is me and I hope I can be part of this great community and in future be one of those that people look up to as inspirations for weight loss.

I have about 100lbs to lose, I am 16 down and I won't rest till I reach my goals.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JLStretton

JLStretton Choose Life.

Start Weight:
    34st4lb
    Current Weight:
    32st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(4.17%)
    Diet:
    Healthier eating - Exercise
    Hello and welcome. Keep the same determination and you will succeed.

4. traymanda

traymanda Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi, fab post, your determination shines through, you have deffo come to the right place for lots of support and help, so a big welcome....xx

5. Snakes and ladders

Snakes and ladders Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(17.65%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Calorie counting, exercise
    Welcome Kimlo,

You can definitely do it - particularly as you are doing it for all the right reasons, and your self-esteem is not such a problem for you.

Keep us posted about you're doing. And WELL DONE on the 16 you've already lost.

SLxx

6. sammyd

sammyd Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    orlistat
    hi there,
    nice to meet you and well done for joining!!!
    sam..x

7. kimlo

kimlo Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thank you very much. I am truly, very determined. I have never had such a clear determination or goal that I have wanted to achieve in my life. With every passing day of "dieting"(healthy eating I prefer to say) my determination just grows stronger. This seems like such a supportive and knowledgeable community. I am keen to be apart of it.
    Thanks for your vote of confidence :)
    I am not doing it for anything superficial. I am doing it because I want to be happy, healthy, leader a better life and be a good example. I aim to please no one but my self. I hope that doesn't sound rude as that's certainly not my intention. I just believe by focusing on my own happiness and well being I will be a better person to be around and an example to follow.

I have no more self esteem issues, I will happily do presentations in front of hundreds without hesitations and so on. I almost feel happy that I was bullied when I was younger as it made me very strong and stable mentally. This is not a journey to achieve any specific goal. I just want to lead a generally, happier, healthier lifestyle and have the ability to participate in things that I've always wanted to participate in without being severely limited by my weight like I am now.

Thanks to all of your responses!

8. skinny-me-at-30

skinny-me-at-30 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.83%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting/exercise
    Hi kimlo :)

Welcome to minis! im new here myself, i love it and everyone is very supportive! :)

Have you started a diary, i have, its a great way to keep on track ;)

Take care and good luck on your weight loss journey

9. kimlo

kimlo Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hey nice to meet you :)

I have in fact started a diary. I use loseit to track everything I eat and to stick to a calorie budget.

It's working well so far and it's very nice to go back days or weeks and see how I went.

10. babypat

babypat Gold Member

Hi welcome and good luck on ur weight loss journey.

11. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Congratulations on your losses and good luck.

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.