A little bit about me

kimlo

Hey Minimins members :)

I'm kimlo(not my real name) and I've been overweight my whole life.

Through out all of primary school and most of highschool I was bullied about my weight. I've never had complete confidence in my self and always had a low self esteem until I got older.

I don't want to be that fat guy anymore, I want to be healthy and even though I can confidently say I don't have any self esteem issues anymore I want to be able to walk and be completely confident in my self.

I want to prove to myself that I can do what I set out to do, that I can overcome a lifetime of obesity and lead a healthy lifestyle. I no longer want to see success stories and wish I could be one of them, I want to post my own success story. I want to live a happy, healthy life style where I am no longer held back on doing things I've always wanted to do but couldn't because of my weight.

I started calorie counting a little over a month ago and I want to head into 2012 as the healthiest I've ever been. I want to enter the new year the happiest I've ever been. I want to be the confident happy person that I've always aspired to be, but to really be happy and and completely confident within myself.

I no longer want to walk into clothes store and say if only but to say which one. I want to be able to join a sport which I have always wanted to play and be the player I know I can be.

It all started one month ago and it's a life style change, one that I hope will lead to a healthier and happier self.

The old me is just that, old, the new me is slowly coming to the fore and I have the motivation, knowledge and support in Minimins to go all the way in my journey of a better life.

Sorry if my post is a little long but this is me and I hope I can be part of this great community and in future be one of those that people look up to as inspirations for weight loss.

I have about 100lbs to lose, I am 16 down and I won't rest till I reach my goals.

Hello and welcome. Keep the same determination and you will succeed.

Hi, fab post, your determination shines through, you have deffo come to the right place for lots of support and help, so a big welcome....xx

Hi, fab post, your determination shines through, you have deffo come to the right place for lots of support and help, so a big welcome....xx
Thank you very much. I am truly, very determined. I have never had such a clear determination or goal that I have wanted to achieve in my life. With every passing day of "dieting"(healthy eating I prefer to say) my determination just grows stronger. This seems like such a supportive and knowledgeable community. I am keen to be apart of it.
Welcome Kimlo,

You can definitely do it - particularly as you are doing it for all the right reasons, and your self-esteem is not such a problem for you.

Keep us posted about you're doing. And WELL DONE on the 16 you've already lost.

SLxx
Thanks for your vote of confidence :)
I am not doing it for anything superficial. I am doing it because I want to be happy, healthy, leader a better life and be a good example. I aim to please no one but my self. I hope that doesn't sound rude as that's certainly not my intention. I just believe by focusing on my own happiness and well being I will be a better person to be around and an example to follow.

I have no more self esteem issues, I will happily do presentations in front of hundreds without hesitations and so on. I almost feel happy that I was bullied when I was younger as it made me very strong and stable mentally. This is not a journey to achieve any specific goal. I just want to lead a generally, happier, healthier lifestyle and have the ability to participate in things that I've always wanted to participate in without being severely limited by my weight like I am now.

Thanks to all of your responses!

Hi kimlo :)

Welcome to minis! im new here myself, i love it and everyone is very supportive! :)

Have you started a diary, i have, its a great way to keep on track ;)

Take care and good luck on your weight loss journey

Hi kimlo :)

Welcome to minis! im new here myself, i love it and everyone is very supportive! :)

Have you started a diary, i have, its a great way to keep on track ;)

Take care and good luck on your weight loss journey
Hey nice to meet you :)

I have in fact started a diary. I use loseit to track everything I eat and to stick to a calorie budget.

It's working well so far and it's very nice to go back days or weeks and see how I went.

Back